• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling all the big games coming this fall will be native 4k with improvements like 4k assets and such. 5 more days :)

Microsoft didn't just build a powerful machine, they also profiled thousands of game engines multiple times and built the chip to take care of the bottlenecks that existed before

^yup.

jelly

space_nut said:
I have a feeling all the big games coming this fall will be native 4k with improvements like 4k assets and such. 5 more days :)

Microsoft didn't just build a powerful machine, they also profiled thousands of game engines multiple times and built the chip to take care of the bottlenecks that existed before

Proof in the pudding. They can talk all they want about all it's fancy features and designs but lets see the real world results in games.

Fixed.

wU7K1Fo_d.webp

Uni lad have been posted a video on State of Decay 2. Nothing we havent seen, but the vid has 30k likes and over a million views since being posted yesterday.

Interesting. Would be great if the game became a real heavy hitter. Has potential to do really well.

I get how people want ot keep saying "Microsoft needs to show me the games" but i mean Crackdown 3, Sea Of Thieves and State of Decay 2 are already confirmed. I mean if i was launching a new system and knew those 3 were going to be launch window along with being the best console to play all 3rd party blockbusters like Destiny 2 and Battlefont 2 id be feeling pretty damn good

DeaDPo0L84

wU7K1Fo_d.webp

Uni lad have been posted a video on State of Decay 2. Nothing we havent seen, but the vid has 30k likes and over a million views since being posted yesterday.

Interesting. Would be great if the game became a real heavy hitter. Has potential to do really well.

Only game I really care about for Xbox at E3, cant wait!

rrc1594

wU7K1Fo_d.webp

Between CrackDown and SoD2 I'm be in Co-Op heaven

LKSmash

I get how people want ot keep saying "Microsoft needs to show me the games" but i mean Crackdown 3, Sea Of Thieves and State of Decay 2 are already confirmed. I mean if i was launching a new system and knew those 3 were going to be launch window along with being the best console to play all 3rd party blockbusters like Destiny 2 and Battlefont 2 id be feeling pretty damn good

They aren't Japanese RPGs so they're basically useless if you listen to a number of people on this forum. There's just no appeasing some people which begs the question why bother entering a thread that doesn't pertain to your interests. welcometoneogaf.gif

Eh, I was just commenting on space_nut's comment. Yeesh. Carry on troopers.

A) The quoting function allows reader to know what the fuck you are talking about and the context in which the quote you pull was made.

B) And your statement was still just obvious to anyone with a casual understanding of how a business works.

They aren't Japanese RPGs so they're basically useless if you listen to a number of people on this forum. There's just no appeasing some people which begs the question why bother entering a thread that doesn't pertain to your interests. welcometoneogaf.gif
console war serious business.

Microsoft didn't just build a powerful machine, they also profiled thousands of game engines multiple times and built the chip to take care of the bottlenecks that existed before[

Exactly. I suspect this aspect is being severely underestimated. If all that data they had and put to use went nearly as well say, I see not much reason they can't achieve exactly what they set out to.

Trup1aya

SoD was a surprise favorite of mine. I stumbled upon it and then sunk an unplanned, ungodly amount of time into it.

So well done. They made me actually care about every individual in my group of survivors....can't wait.

Crackdown 3 is going to make or break the conference for me. I'm soooo hyped for that game.

peppers

Just seen Xbox daily is back and goes Monday through Thursday! Hopefully some cool announcements there too!!!

4 days this year vs 3 last.

If we look into the facts and ignore every insider news, positive or negative, here's what we know:

1. The conference this year has been moved in order to allow Xbox related news to be in the spotlight for a full day. They are also trying their best to provide as high a stream quality as they can, including 4K streaming.
2. Game Pass and Scorpio specs are already out there, and it's not like they weren't worthy of being talked about on stage. Apart from this, there won't be VR/MR talk this time, not even with Minecraft.
3. They are supposedly upping their investment on first party, and the head of Xbox recently paid a visit to some studios in Japan. The meaning of this ranges between FFXV having a Scorpio patch to Lost Odissey 2 Spring 2018.
4. Xbox Daily now runs a day longer.

At this point I think the writing is on the wall. Xbox is going to have a great E3, packed with games running on great new hardware.

JlNX

first SOD sold what 2 million + copies why is this one so under the radar with a much bigger budget ?

We don't know how much it sold past the 2014 numbers but it was at 5 million plus players as of E3 last year according to Jeff Strain, thats including Year one survival edition. But we know at least 1.2 million copies have been sold on PC. It's probably under the radar because we have seen a tiny clip of the game, it hasn't had a proper announcement or gameplay and advertising hasn't started. I wouldn't worry that much considering they are a very talented team that appear to be fixing the issues with the first game and Microsoft is in a position were it will need to heavily market the game (state of decay 1 had no marketing yet did very well anyway.)

jeffram

They've only ever claimed their first party titles will be at 4K. They've said repeatedly that they can't force other developers to do the same. So unless Forza 7 or Sea of Thieves or Crackdown are missing the mark, there won't be an issue if say Battlefront 2 isn't native 4K.
They aren't explicitly saying it. I think they are heavily implying it. When you release images like this:

You are setting the expectation that this box is so powerful it makes games games 4K. It's like a car engine being branded "0-60 in 3 seconds", but it only performs that well with special gasoline not available everywhere.

We don't know what the situation with battlefront is. The game isn't out yet. It could be running in dynamic resolution with "True 4K" only happening when you stare into the skybox.

I just hope to see gears 4 , forza horizon 3 , sunset overdrive , injustice 2 , tekken 7 killer instinct and others game on a scorpio

Those Dev Kits sure are beautiful. I'm betting minus the buttons, that's the final look of it. So happy they kept the size down and the Surface team designed it.

eso76

first SOD sold what 2 million + copies why is this one so under the radar with a much bigger budget ?

For some reason it was also under my radar.
I haven't really paid attention although SoD was this close to being the zombie simulator I always wanted.
Unfortunately a lot of people didn't notice due to the fact it was...well, rather ugly.
With a higher budget this has the potential to be huge.

Those Dev Kits sure are beautiful. I'm betting minus the buttons, that's the final look of it. So happy they kept the size down and the Surface team designed it.

But those who did see the retail unit said it looks nothing like the dev kits

Keinning

Already grabbing my pitchfork to poke Microsoft if i see no banjo threeie during E3

Don't lie to us with your silence, phil, Salty Hippo warned us about you

Speaking of E3

Banjo Threeie

It was there all along!

Wigdogger

I've been a big defender of the brand over the last few years, even with all of their obvious problems, but these three games (while super exciting for me personally) have been delayed or shifted around to now be part of Scorpio's launch. This was a pivot plan; it was never the original vision for these games. Sea of Thieves will still likely launch as an incomplete game (having played the alpha), and who knows what's up with Crackdown 3, frankly. The server tech excites me, if that's still there. The only one with some pedigree at this point is SOD2.

What people want are new reasons to be excited about the system. Those three aren't guaranteed to be winners. In fact, I "guarantee" one of them won't be a winner. I don't think MS needs much to get back on track, but some proper indies to get people excited, a few third-party arrangements and a couple of new meaningful AAA IP (first- or second-party) would give people reasons to actually pick up this new console.

Relying on three games they've shifted out of 2015 and 2016 (after the slew of studio reshuffles, closures and rebrandings) won't be enough. I hope they have more to show.

Hexer06

I just hope to see gears 4 , forza horizon 3 , sunset overdrive , injustice 2 , tekken 7 killer instinct and others game on a scorpio
You most probably won't see this in any length. These sorts of things will probably be shown after.

Idk.. I would not be surprised if they have a sizzle reel showing all the games with Scorpio patches. I actually kinda hope they do. Would love to see the improvements it makes. Though I'll have to wait til the videos are available to download as my Internet sux too bad to stream 4K. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom