• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Possibly Fully Leaked.

Rare's Everwild may have been rebooted but not 100% sure on that but I am certain that it won't be at the Xbox Showcase and if by chance it is, it will be CGI again which is why im as certain as possible that it won't be. Last year was a CGI fest and this showcase is going to be mostly gameplay and focused on titles that are scheduled to release for the second half of 2021 and for all of 2022. I'm personally not expecting it whatsoever.

Ninja Theory's Hellblade 2 was going to be shown but has been pulled based on those I follow because there's no gameplay. Ninja Theory has finally started motion capture due to basically being "on-hold" for a year due to Covid and once that is complete, they will then transition to Unreal Engine 5 if they haven't already. They could show a CGI trailer but they know the response won't be good for it so better off not showing it at all.

The Initiative just revealed Perfect Dark as they're still hiring for the game which is why a lot of games get revealed early and with CGI. It's so they can hire people without having to worry about naming the game that they're hiring for. My bet would be E3 2022.

As for Indiana Jones, this one is interesting because it's Machine Games that's working on it and im not expecting it for at least a year as im 100% expecting Wolfenstein III to be at E3 since Pete Hines basically confirmed it was in development back in September 2018 in an interview talking about Youngblood and said that Wolfenstein III would go back to the pure single player story driven setup the franchise is known for. Machine Games was NOT the lead on Youngblood so it's either Wolfenstein III being shown at E3 or they did one hell of a job hiding Indiana Jones and that gets shown at E3 since they would be further along.

I would prefer Indiana Jones but at the same time, I want them to wrap up Wolfenstein III and then move on to Indiana Jones. I'm also hoping that with Starfield being 2022, im hoping that Wolfenstein III can slip into September. It's been almost four years since Wolfenstein II and I would think that they would want to wrap it up before moving on fully to Indiana Jones.

13 more days to go and we will then know!!!
May I ask Sir where your information is coming from? Rebooting Everwild seems odd given they showed real-time graphics for it and not CGI. Also Ninja Theory have Project Mara in development also hence why I feel they are likely to be involved.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
May I ask Sir where your information is coming from? Rebooting Everwild seems odd given they showed real-time graphics for it and not CGI. Also Ninja Theory have Project Mara in development also hence why I feel they are likely to be involved.
My info comes from Klobrille, Nick from XboxEra and Rand/Jez from Twitter/Youtube. I know a lot of people don't like them or whatever but their percentages are in the 80's for accuracy and better than most. I don't remember who said what but those are the people I follow.

Everwild look great from those trailers but it seems like they don't know exactly the direction they want the game to go in. I personally have no interest in Everwild so none of it affects me whatsoever but regardless of what's going on with the game, I do think they revealed it too early in my opinion.

As far as I know, Project Mara isn't an actual "game". It's supposed to be an experience regarding Mental Health and that you're in an apartment. Could be wrong on this but reading up and researching it a while back, it doesn't sound like it's an actual "game" like Hellblade 2 will be for example.

reksveks

Seriously, if MS is assigning ANOTHER studio to work on a new RPG IP, even though they have Elder Scrolls, Avowed, whatever inXile is doing, and Fable...

I see RPG as a set of characteristics now and can see the IO be much more of an action rpg but yeah, it's a bit weird to have so many rpgs lined up.

Derktron

Banned
sarcastic star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

Sometimes I come on here and I ask myself 'What is my honest feelings on this and would I hold back that opinion based on how I expect people to react'.....

I obviously felt strongly about the Kojima rumor and also decided that it would be my inclination not to admit that due to the negative reaction I would get. But sometimes you just gotta put your true feelings out there and people can think whatever they like.

When PlayStation do something I feel is stupid, I don't hold back anymore either, even if it loses me some kudos in the PS fandom.

I understand your feelings though and I want you to know I have been temp banned here before.
Yeah it just pisses me off how people get away with trolling yet when you call them out you get temp banned

Yeah it just pisses me off how people get away with trolling yet when you call them out you get temp banned
It's just something you have to get used to around here especially if you are an Xbox fan. Some go out of their way to make snarky comments. If you feel any sort of way just report the offending message and hope something gets done about it. No reason for you to get banned over it. Once e3 is over I'm hoping for some real positive news and the end of some of the lame memes.

dcmk7

Banned
Didn't you threaten to 'end' someone recently?

I hope that's what you are referring too, as those sort of comments shouldn't be on the internet let alone this forum.

Fredrik

sarcastic star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

Sometimes I come on here and I ask myself 'What is my honest feelings on this and would I hold back that opinion based on how I expect people to react'.....

I obviously felt strongly about the Kojima rumor and also decided that it would be my inclination not to admit that due to the negative reaction I would get. But sometimes you just gotta put your true feelings out there and people can think whatever they like.

When PlayStation do something I feel is stupid, I don't hold back anymore either, even if it loses me some kudos in the PS fandom.

I understand your feelings though and I want you to know I have been temp banned here before.
You know what, I get you. You’re just passionate really. I definitely respect that and I would guess that’s how most people talk in real life. Few go about watching their tongue irl and only have popular opinions, most are ranting over all kinds of silly things on daily basis for seemingly no logical reasons at all. 👍

Last edited:
I read thru this thread and I'm not sure how people are saying that if the conference is - Omen, Starfield, improved Halo, Forza Horizon 5, and some new cgi trailers for games further down the road isn't a great conference. Most E3's or state of plays are defined by 1 or 2 games. Rarely do shows have 3 bangers to show and when they do they're all timers.

Xbox showing Starfield and an Improved Halo alone makes it a good conference. If omen is interesting which knowing arkane will make it a very good conference. Its not gonna be an all timer but it's objectively a good conference if they deliver on just those 3.

Relique

I read thru this thread and I'm not sure how people are saying that if the conference is - Omen, Starfield, improved Halo, Forza Horizon 5, and some new cgi trailers for games further down the road isn't a great conference. Most E3's or state of plays are defined by 1 or 2 games. Rarely do shows have 3 bangers to show and when they do they're all timers.

Xbox showing Starfield and an Improved Halo alone makes it a good conference. If omen is interesting which knowing arkane will make it a very good conference. Its not gonna be an all timer but it's objectively a good conference if they deliver on just those 3.
I agree with you. If the games in the OP all show up in some capacity then it will be a great conference for me. Maybe not all time great but certainly better than what we've seen from both Sony and Microsoft for the past several years. Personally hoping for extensive gameplay trailers for Starfield, Halo, and Avowed. Those three would make the conference for me if they are good. I'm also a huge fan of Arkane studios and their games, whatever they do next will be amazing.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Curious....what exactly is your reaction to the Kojima rumor?

Derktron

Banned
It's just something you have to get used to around here especially if you are an Xbox fan.
See that is where you are wrong I'm not a pathetic manchild who worships these pathetic companies as a god. I just play video games cause it's a hobby I'm used to doing since I was a kid and stuck with also cause I'm depressed and want to escape my crappy life. I grew out of that phase. I just like calling them people because someone here has to do it. Since the mods won't ban them then I'll call them out. It's pathetic. Really is pathetic how all three sides still act this way. It's embarrassing.

Derktron

Banned
Didn't you threaten to 'end' someone recently?

I hope that's what you are referring too, as those sort of comments shouldn't be on the internet let alone this forum.
I can confirm or deny that, you just proved my point in why fanboys get away with everything on this website along with Twitter and Resetera, and what's it to you? Problem?

elliot5

One thing I havnt seen mentioned is sea of thieves. Game has become a cornerstone of xbox. I except Rare is gonna show something for an upcoming season.
yeah i def hope they show some cool stuff. I joined the insider program and have seen a few of their incoming ideas under test but think they'll show off a broader thing in a trailer soon

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Welcome back @Riky ! Try to avoid letting people bait you into responses that get you banned. Your voice is needed here bro.
It's just something you have to get used to around here especially if you are an Xbox fan.
See that is where you are wrong I'm not a pathetic manchild who worships these pathetic companies as a god. I just play video games cause it's a hobby I'm used to doing since I was a kid and stuck with also cause I'm depressed and want to escape my crappy life. I grew out of that phase. I just like calling them people because someone here has to do it. Since the mods won't ban them then I'll call them out. It's pathetic. Really is pathetic how all three sides still act this way. It's embarrassing.
Poor DarkMage is looking for allies and then this cringe happens. Oof.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
"If these games show up it'll be a great conference."

Anyone else kinda think it's important that the games look good?

If Starfield looks like a Fallout 4.5 space mod that'll be perceived much differently than if it looks like the next step from Skyrim.

Joey.

That’s one hell of a list. Would be an awesome show.
That would instantly make me buy a Series X - it was only a matter of time really.

***UPDATE

Bought an Xbox Series X :D
It's time anyways, it's only a matter of time when the big hitters come out: Halo probably this year, Starfield, Gears, new Perfect Dark, whole Bethesda library, Avowed, EverWild...just too much good stuff coming out.
I get all the consoles every generation so I saw that there was an XSX available right now and jumped on it as they are so hard to find.

Now I have PS5, XSX and Switch...ultimate happiness. :D

Super excited for this show - I think its going to be a really good one packed with awesome bits.

Arcadialane

"If these games show up it'll be a great conference."

Anyone else kinda think it's important that the games look good?

If Starfield looks like a Fallout 4.5 space mod that'll be perceived much differently than if it looks like the next step from Skyrim.

Yeah, after Halo and Horizen for sure people will be expecting these titles to look good, and the internet will certianly let them know if they don't

Ultimately though, 8 billion was just spent on acquiring new studios, and they just released new next gen hardware, people just want to see some fresh new games and gameplay, with solid releases dates.

Last edited:

Starfield

so...the 5 people in this thread who are hyped for Starfield, what do you wanna see?

• CGI Trailer
  • inengine Trailer
  • gameplay
whats it gonna be? what do you think will happen :)

reksveks

so...the 5 people in this thread who are hyped for Starfield, what do you wanna see?

• CGI Trailer
  • inengine Trailer
  • gameplay
In engine trailer and an explanation why this isn't skyrim in space is what I want to see

Last edited:

ManaByte

***UPDATE

Bought an Xbox Series X :D
It's time anyways, it's only a matter of time when the big hitters come out: Halo probably this year, Starfield, Gears, new Perfect Dark, whole Bethesda library, Avowed, EverWild...just too much good stuff coming out.
I get all the consoles every generation so I saw that there was an XSX available right now and jumped on it as they are so hard to find.

Now I have PS5, XSX and Switch...ultimate happiness. :D

Super excited for this show - I think its going to be a really good one packed with awesome bits.

Good now play Sea of Thieves.

Andodalf

Banned

• CGI Trailer
  • inengine Trailer
  • gameplay

What do I want? A 30 minutes walkthrough of live gameplay where Todd tells me that he finally got to make his dream game, Skyrim in space.

What will I get? An in engine trailer and Todd promising to tell me more soon

• CGI Trailer
  • inengine Trailer
  • gameplay

5 mins gameplay along with 2021 release date and no of bugs similar to an Ori game, ie fully polished.

ShaikhCroft

• CGI Trailer
  • inengine Trailer
  • gameplay
8 minutes of deep dive gameplay footage with how things work in Starfield. Also an additional in engine trailer with a release date will be cool!

Varteras

Gold Member

• CGI Trailer
  • inengine Trailer
  • gameplay
Personally I don't need to see actual gameplay. Just something that gives me an idea of what this game is all about. The common belief is that it's just Elder Scrolls or Fallout in space. Which it very well could be. But even those games had gameplay elements about them that differed. Fallout isn't just "post-apocalyptic America Elder Scrolls" and Elder Scrolls isn't simply "Fallout with swords and sorcery". So I want to see what makes Starfield unique compared to them beyond obviously the setting. However, I would be super intrigued if it's something very different from those two franchises. It would be quite the surprise.

Last edited:

Starfield

I think you all (me included) are going to be very excited after E3 :)

I've heard great stuff about the size of Starfield's presence. Not a full Fallout 4 Todd-God demo but better than a Trailer, and by a mile better than a CGI trailer lmao

phil_t98

#SonyToo
My info comes from Klobrille, Nick from XboxEra and Rand/Jez from Twitter/Youtube. I know a lot of people don't like them or whatever but their percentages are in the 80's for accuracy and better than most. I don't remember who said what but those are the people I follow.

Everwild look great from those trailers but it seems like they don't know exactly the direction they want the game to go in. I personally have no interest in Everwild so none of it affects me whatsoever but regardless of what's going on with the game, I do think they revealed it too early in my opinion.

As far as I know, Project Mara isn't an actual "game". It's supposed to be an experience regarding Mental Health and that you're in an apartment. Could be wrong on this but reading up and researching it a while back, it doesn't sound like it's an actual "game" like Hellblade 2 will be for example.
so your saying they have been wrong? and yes at the time of showing they weren't sure what direction they were going to take it in but that's a good while ago now and a lot will of changed. that's old news

Top Bottom