• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Extreme Shopping Sale Week Promotion

oops, didn't know there was a dedicated thread

CROSSPOST

ten bucks left, what else should I get?

already picked up:
X-Men
Deadliest Warrior
Darwinia+
Raskulls

probably Worms 2 and Doom II, right?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kafel said:
always try the demo

I'm so glad I didn't blindly buy Unbound Saga
I did try the demo, I'm just not sure if I buy Raskulls and it ends up having 10 levels that cycle in multiplayer, or lackluster amount of single player levels.

jgkspsx

blame space said:
ten bucks left, what else should I get?
probably Worms 2 and Doom II, right?
Like the other dude in the other thread said, Worms 2 and DLC. The DLC is just about essential for both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Kafel

Banned
Just bought Deadliest Warrior. I can see why they want as many people as possible to own this game with all that paid DLC tied to the game.

Nevertheless the game is fun for 200 points, and quite gore.

FloppyDelux >> I'll never tell you enough how much I love your avatar

edit : I put this here too since maybe some of you bought the Worms Battle Pack recently as well.

In Worms 2, does someone know how to be able to use all the new weapons from the Battle Pack ?

I created a new mode in which I allowed them and they don't show up.

Gowans

ust grabbed on sale Conic Jumper & Raskulls for 400points & Xmen Arcade & Worms pack for 200. Nearly got deadliest warrior for 200 but nah it might be a sale but this is more than enough for me.

IrishNinja

After Burner Climax for 400 sounds like fun, not a bad price on Costume Quest either.

edit: blame, post up your impressions later man

Grabbed Unbound Saga, XMen and Comic Jumper - Do we know what the deal of the week for Tuesday is? I need more points or maybe it's better to have a few weeks off to clean up my XBLA backlog.

LQX

Surprised that Deadliest Warrior is actually pretty good. If anyone liked Bushido Blade from back in the day definitely grab it. I think it would have great following from weapon fighting fans if the production value was little better.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Picked up Raskulls and it is pretty fun. I'm guessing the "mega quest" ends quickly but for the asking price and the ability to keep playing grand prix events it is well worth it.

jgkspsx

LQX said:
Surprised that Deadliest Warrior is actually pretty good. If anyone liked Bushido Blade from back in the day definitely grab it.
Whaaa. Well, sorry I missed the sale, then.

Is Unbound Saga any good? The demo was mediocre so does it get any better? The drop from 800 to 160 points has me a bit worried too. It's only 160 points, but still, that could go to a better indie game.

jgkspsx

Kafel said:
It's still on, no ?
No, Deadliest Warrior was one of the April Fool's deals. Guess I got fooled :)

EDIT: OK, I gave in on Afterburner and World of Keflings. I think that's it for me this sale. I hope they make this kind of thing at least a quarterly feature.

jgkspsx

Kafel said:
Did you check ?

I've bought it today.
I can only assume that April 1 lasted until the international dateline was crossed? It shows up as 800 points for me on Xbox.com.

Also, regarding the Worms 2 Battle Pack:

In Worms 2, does someone know how to be able to use all the new weapons from the Battle Pack ?

I created a new mode in which I allowed them and they don't show up.
You should get them in crates that drop from the top of the screen. Two of them, invisibility and steal, are online multiplayer only.

Aspiring

Does anybody know of somewhere where you could grab like 50 ms points? I bought a few games and got beyond good and evil and mis calculated my points and have 150 left. Sucks you can't buy small amounts as I want xmen but am not filling my points for one game.

Goddamn it. Would loved to have scored xmen at that price but I missed it. No way I'm paying 10 bucks for it. I hate the one-day sales. I can't be on GAF or xbox live every day of my life.

airborn

The Culture Vulture said:
Do we know what the deal of the week for Tuesday is?
Some Battlefield Bad Company 2 DLC and Battlefield 1943 for 600 points.

I ended up grabbing 3D Ultra Minigolf 2, Comic Jumper, Costume Quest and Raskulls.

Daigoro

kind of a crappy sale. i picked up Xmen anyways. (already have Afterburner)

so am i nuts? a few weeks back wasnt there a feature on the dashboard that showed all of the discounted XBLA games past and present, including recent price drops?

wtf happenened to that?

thats the way they need to go.

Top Bottom