• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Extreme Shopping Sale Week Promotion

smurfx

get some go again
Diablohead said:
it had a sale like 3 weeks after release, this is the 2nd time.
i never knew it was on xbox arcade for sale. i thought it was a disc release. i had totally forgotten about it too.

mygu said:
Picked up Keflings/Raskulls/Costume Quest.

FYI - Keflings has a bug that won't let you complete the last mission. Looked it up on the official forums, and it seems to be a known issue that is not being fixed. I enjoyed playing through this but for NinjaBee to just ignore a glitch like this in such a short game just seems lazy to me.
I just beat the game and got all 200 achievement points last night so I looked it up to see what bug you're talking about and on the official forums it lists the problem in their "Known Issues" thread and then has a link right after the problem to another thread where they talk about how that's been fixed, along with some other issues that I never saw while playing. So everyone who enjoys Keflings shouldn't be concerned with a bug that stops you from beating the game as that's all been fixed up.

For anyone still on the fence about Raskulls I'd like to add to the recommendations, especially for the price. I bought it the week it came out and thought it was worth it at full price so being on sale makes it even moreso. It's like Mr. Driller as a platformer and with some varied goals. Very neat stuff.

Also, Zeit2 is worth the $5 if you enjoy space shooters well enough. Looks a little bland since everything is so blue but it plays well and feels different than others since it focuses on killing every enemy since you lose health when certain enemies make it off the screen as well as all the time manipulation stuff is more than merely rewinding mistakes but instead working in tandem with your past self. Neat stuff. Helps that it has a bunch of different modes and its own challenge system to reward you for doing stuff.

Bought Costume Quest but haven't started yet and also got Doom II but nothing really needs to be said about that one. Feel free to add me (GT: Lord Wibble) if you want to get some Doom II on, though. I checked both deathmatch and co-op and no games were going at both midday and in the middle of the night.

Fox Mulder

Wibblewozzer said:
For anyone still on the fence about Raskulls I'd like to add to the recommendations, especially for the price. I bought it the week it came out and thought it was worth it at full price so being on sale makes it even moreso. It's like Mr. Driller as a platformer and with some varied goals. Very neat stuff.

yeah, I really like it. I never really saw or heard anything about it before either, but it's a slick game.

I got Costume Quest, Raskulls, Doom 2, and Crazy Taxi. Not much else I really want, but good sale for me. I already had Afterburner from the last time it was on sale.

BigMack

soldat7 said:
These should be permanent price drops, not mere sales. That's the one thing I hate about digital distribution.

I agree with you, but if they want to drop the price on certain items for a week, then that's good for people that pay attention (like me).

Then later, if they want to put the price back up to normal in hopes that those people who don't pay attention will pay full price for something, well that's fine with me because I already got my copy at a discount.

Why is Deadliest Warrior being nagged on? When it came out everyone was saying it was like Bushido Blade. I think for $2.50 it's worth it. On the fence about Comic Jumper too, but at $5 I can't go wrong......still have YET to play Splosion man even though I bought the full version during it SoA promo

jgkspsx said:
Is there a point to World of Keflings? I think I read it's somewhat story-based this time?
If you didn't like A Kingdom For Keflings because it lacked story then the story in World of Keflings isn't going to change your mind. Sure, there's a story that is almost a game-long tutorial but it's fairly nonsense. The writing is somewhat amusing at times but it's very thin as far as stories go. The best thing I could say about it is that despite there ALWAYS having a quest for the next step in the world creation it never felt like it was a tutorial, despite it really being that as they give you a story reason to create every single building and explore, etc.

It's really just more of the same with a couple nice streamlined changes, mainly that you can push created buildings so when you need to move stuff you don't have to destroy and rebuild but instead can just shove them around to get them where you want them. Secondly, you get helper builder dudes as you go along and they'll help carry building parts with you and even put together buildings once you've started them to take out some of the tedium. Those two changes made it a much friendlier game for sure.

smurfx

get some go again
the op said there would be a special one day sale this friday. any word on what will be for sale?

7echnicolor said:
So I'm really thinking about buying Raskulls, are there still people playing the multiplayer?

Just had a game about 5 minute ago, took about a minute to get the 4 people in. I think the sale put some life into the multiplayer

smurfx said:
the op said there would be a special one day sale this friday. any word on what will be for sale?

It's on last page...

Comic Jumper: 400 points
Deadliest Warrior: 200 points
Fable 3 Understone Quest (add on): 200 points
Fallout New Vegas Dead Money (addon): 400 points

or if you are in Germany

- Xmen: Arcade: 200 points (it replaces Deadliest Warrior as it is unavailable in that region)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
akilshohen said:
Why is Deadliest Warrior being nagged on? When it came out everyone was saying it was like Bushido Blade. I think for $2.50 it's worth it. On the fence about Comic Jumper too, but at $5 I can't go wrong......still have YET to play Splosion man even though I bought the full version during it SoA promo
Deadliest Warrior is more like a jankier version of Kengo than Bushido Blade. And the 360 version of that title has been selling for $5.99 at Gamestop for awhile. Hyping it as the next BB is what caused the backfire in the first place.

The only games I would compare to Bushido Blade are Die by the Sword and possibly Mount and Blade.

j3hg00

Wibblewozzer said:
I just beat the game and got all 200 achievement points last night so I looked it up to see what bug you're talking about and on the official forums it lists the problem in their "Known Issues" thread and then has a link right after the problem to another thread where they talk about how that's been fixed, along with some other issues that I never saw while playing. So everyone who enjoys Keflings shouldn't be concerned with a bug that stops you from beating the game as that's all been fixed up.

The issue definitely has not been properly fixed, as I experienced it two days ago.
It doesn't happen every single time, just if you do not complete quests in a specific order. The official workaround is to do things "their way", so the bug does not occur.

mygu said:
The issue definitely has not been properly fixed, as I experienced it two days ago.
It doesn't happen every single time, just if you do not complete quests in a specific order. The official workaround is to do things "their way", so the bug does not occur.
You're referring to not getting one of the pieces for the final building? It says on their forums to sign into Xbox Live, load up the game, and then wait a few seconds on the main screen for it to update. I'd suggest checking this thread unless you're talking about a completely different issue:

http://www.ninjabee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34299

Ninjabee.com said:
As of today, there's a simple interim set of fixes for a few known semi-rare but fairly serious blocking quest bugs.

How to apply the fix:

1. Sign in to LIVE
2. Launch the game
3. Wait for a few seconds in the main menu.

In order to confirm that the fix is in place:

Go to the credits in Help & Options. Hit up on the D-Pad to scroll backwards and see the END of the credits. Look for a mention of the NinjaBee.com forums in the Special Thanks section (right after Katie). This indicates that the fix is in place. If you don't see this reference, go back to step 3.

Keyser Soze said:
It's on last page...

Comic Jumper: 400 points
Deadliest Warrior: 200 points
Fable 3 Understone Quest (add on): 200 points
Fallout New Vegas Dead Money (addon): 400 points

or if you are in Germany

- Xmen: Arcade: 200 points (it replaces Deadliest Warrior as it is unavailable in that region)

X-Men is for America too. Watch the "Crazy Larry" video on the dashboard.

Nelo Ice

Banned
HadesGigas said:
X-Men is for America too. Watch the "Crazy Larry" video on the dashboard.

thats what ive been saying but everyone seems to have ignored it lol

also looks like theyre doing the 5% rebate for rewards members in april as well

Stay Gold and earn 5% back on all your April Marketplace purchases!*

j3hg00

Wibblewozzer said:
You're referring to not getting one of the pieces for the final building? It says on their forums to sign into Xbox Live, load up the game, and then wait a few seconds on the main screen for it to update. I'd suggest checking this thread unless you're talking about a completely different issue:

Ahh, you're right. I managed to pick up that last treasure piece, as well as the missing 3rd book. Thought I was going to have to restart XD... thanks!

Dead Money is now down to 400MP on the UK/Irish store (whatever region my xbox thinks I am in)... rest of the April 1st items are not changed yet

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The stuff for friday isn't going to overwrite the rest of the sale, right? I'm planning on getting Raskulls and Costume Quest tomorrow.

Comic Jumper get! I found the demo lacking a little bit but for 400 beans i'm in.

So far i've bought Doom 2 and Comic Jumper, already own some of the good games on the list.

Pydte

Nice sale!

I'd been waiting for a price drop on Costume Quest, so this comes as good news. Considering that it is only 600 points, I'll probably grab the expansion as well. Might also check out the Mirror's Edge DLC, now that is is half off.

Can't decide between Mirrors Edge and Dead Money. I think I'll go with Mirrors Edge cause that's never on sale. I expect to see DM on sale again.

bought

Crazy Taxi
Costume Quest
X-Men
Comic Jumper
Fable 3 DLC

i'm wondering if i should buy more points to get the Mirrors Edge DLC, as well as DOOM II, and Gyromancer. The Alien Breed games weren't convincing enough to make me buy them.

LQX

Picking up X-Men and Comic Jumper for sure. Don't get why some are down on these sales unless they bought them at full price. We should be glad sales pop up regardless of if you think these should be the everyday prices.

Anyone bought Deadliest Warrior and can give some feedback on the full game? Demo got sort of good when the Roman is chosen.

Grabbed Comic Jumper. Wasn't that impressed by the trial when it was released last Summer, but then it was a trial for a 1200pt game. For 400pts.... probably worth a shot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This sale goes until Sunday evening right?

Gonna try and pick up an XBL points card tomorrow for Raskulls. Hope it's not an impulse buy I regret like Rocket Riot.

Top Bottom