• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Extreme Shopping Sale Week Promotion

Got Unbound Saga and I'll definitely get Comic Jumper on Friday. I know Unbound Saga is shitty as hell, but I'll buy almost any XBLA game as long as it is that cheap.

Fox Mulder

I'll get the red dead DLC, doom 2, and maybe Crazy Taxi.

Does anyone know if you can use a custom soundtrack in crazy taxi? I'd want to just put the classic soundtrack back in it if possible.

Rawker

bull shit i just bough defense grid for full price 2 weeks ago, oh well i hope the money went to the developers. sick game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Strider2K99 said:
Ok, Raskulls is pretty damn awesome. Bought.
I asked last page for some impressions but got no response. I wonder if you or anyone can clarify what the local multiplayer options are and how much actual content is in the game? Game/Demo gives me Rocket Riot vibes, and I bought that on impulse and found it to be lacking in content/longevity.

Fox Mulder

NeoGIF said:
Costume Quest is mine!

I actually went ahead and got it because I already had 200 MSP when I added 800 for other stuff. I recall being interested in it before, just not 1200 MSP interested.

I'll probably pick up Costume Quest now, I've wanted it but have been waiting for a sale.

enzo_gt said:
I asked last page for some impressions but got no response. I wonder if you or anyone can clarify what the local multiplayer options are and how much actual content is in the game? Game/Demo gives me Rocket Riot vibes, and I bought that on impulse and found it to be lacking in content/longevity.

Raskulls is fun but short. I blew through the story mode in a few hours (3 hours max I'd say) and never really got into the multiplayer mode, so my opinion is limited. There's some extra content after you beat the game if you're into 100%ing things.

jgkspsx

Got Raskulls. Kinda feel bad about not buying at full price, after reading the king's whole spiel back when it came out. Conversely, I wish I had waited for a sale on the Worms 2 battle pack, but given how much I paid for the game I guess it was a fair deal.

I'm tempted to get World of Keflings to unlock all the Raskulls/ilomilo stuff, but that sounds like a dumb reason to spend $5. I liked the demo of the first game OK, but it seemed pretty braindead.

Tempted on Afterburner, Unbound Saga, Undead Nightmare (don't have RDR yet, though, heh), ME time trials, and Zeit2... but my XBLA backlog alone is terrible.

I love giving Tim Schafer money but Pajama Quest is not for me. I hated the battle sequences in the demo so completely.

Nelo Ice

Banned
picked up raskulls and world of keflings so far

is the worms 2 battle pack worth it? id probably get it for the single player unless the online multi is still alive and kicking

Kweh

You'd think there would be at least someone else diving in on the cheapness of Doom II this week and playing it online, but NOPE.

jgkspsx

Nelo Ice said:
is the worms 2 battle pack worth it? id probably get it for the single player unless the online multi is still alive and kicking
Battle Pack is worth it even for single player only.

SpacLock

Bought Monkey Island 2.

Never played any of the Monkey Islands, so I hope I'm not missing anything important when skipping the first one.

j3hg00

Picked up Keflings/Raskulls/Costume Quest.

FYI - Keflings has a bug that won't let you complete the last mission. Looked it up on the official forums, and it seems to be a known issue that is not being fixed. I enjoyed playing through this but for NinjaBee to just ignore a glitch like this in such a short game just seems lazy to me.

Fox Mulder

mygu said:

FYI - Keflings has a bug that won't let you complete the last mission. Looked it up on the official forums, and it seems to be a known issue that is not being fixed. I enjoyed playing through this but for NinjaBee to just ignore a glitch like this in such a short game just seems lazy to me.

Wow, MS should have it delisted. They're just ripping people off with a broken game.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Speedymanic said:
Friday's deals.

4XISg.png

Thanks for the info. Nothing I want in there though. IDK I might just skip out all together. Next big XBLA game I want is Clash of Heroes.

Ataturk

That's the right price for me for Comic Jumper. Heard too much negativity about the gameplay (difficulty spikes, repetition) to pay full price. Looking forward to check it out for myself.

jgkspsx

SapientWolf said:
Didn't the battle pack add a semi real time mode? Is that available for local co-op?
It's a survival mode. I don't know if it supports co-op. The Battle Pack adds a little bit of everything; it's a great deal at full price much less at $2.50.

Edit: Got Unbound Saga. OK, so the gameplay's meh, but it is a rather touching tribute to Comix Zone. It's not like Comix Zone was really a wonder of game design, either.

It's really hard to tell the difference between my big fat lump and the enemy big fat lumps, though.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Nelo Ice said:
looks like xmen arcade will be 200 pts(US) on friday as well :D
Only if you live in Germany (and possibly some other non-US locales). It's a substitution for Deadliest Warrior in markets that don't have Deadliest Warrior.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Shig said:
Only if you live in Germany (and possibly some other non-US locales). It's a substitution for Deadliest Warrior in markets that don't have Deadliest Warrior.

im in the US and new majors minute on live says it'll be 200 pts alongside deadliest warrior and the already mentioned sales

mentioned this earlier but might aswell mention this here cos I wanna - I just bought 2000 allards for £17 on xbox dashboard. The extra £2 - 100 points isn't gonna bother me. I just bought Unbond Saga 160 800 Crazy Taxi 400 800 and (on Friday) X-Men 200 800.

I don't know what this dealiest warrior is but i'll check it out I guess.

jgkspsx

I still love Doom 2, but paying $5 for it again? Especially if XBL community is dead? Not really feeling it.

How are the "No Rest for the Living" levels? Not that I've been a connoisseur since 1998 or so.

Daigoro

can someone list whats on for Fridays deals. (i cant view the image posted already.)

anything besides Xmen Arcade? thanks.

toythatkills said:
Is there anything good for 200MS points right now?

The 5% back from Costume Quest is going to leave me with a really irritating amount of MS Points.

Xbox Rewards doesn't gift you the exact amount, pretty sure you'd just have "pending points" sitting in your rewards account until you hit a 100 with other rewards offers.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Daigoro said:
can someone list whats on for Fridays deals. (i cant view the image posted already.)

anything besides Xmen Arcade? thanks.

Comic Jumper-400 points
Deadliest Warrior-200 points
Fable 3 Understone Quest Pack-200 points
Fallout: New Vegas Dead Money-400 points

BigMack

friskykillface said:
wait, does the Red Dead DLC - undead nightmare need the red dead redemption disc to play?

or is it like the GTA IV DLC, the disc isn't needed.

If you buy the downloadable version of Undead Nightmare (the one that is on sale) then yes, you need the RDR game disk to play.

If you buy the disk version of UN, then no, you don't need the original game.

Crazy Taxi will be mine for $5.

Doom 2 and Mirror's Edge Time Trials are tempting at $5 a piece.

And everyone should take this opportunity to get Afterburner Climax. I bought it at $15 and it was worth every penny and then some.

RetroGreg

Bought Darwinia+. The demo was interesting. Also, anyone who does not have Defense Grid should at least play the demo. That is seriously a fantastic game. So addictive.

HadesGigas said:
Xbox Rewards doesn't gift you the exact amount, pretty sure you'd just have "pending points" sitting in your rewards account until you hit a 100 with other rewards offers.
Yeah, but it'd (eventually) give me something with a ten at the end, and that'd be impossible to spend apart from on junk like themes and picture packs. My OCD for numbers would destroy me.

I got a table for Pinball FX to even it out :)

Plasma

Banned
Just bought Unbound Saga, Crazy Taxi, Raskulls and Costume Quest.

Is the Costume Quest dlc on sale now or is it always 400?

Daigoro

Nelo Ice said:
Comic Jumper-400 points
Deadliest Warrior-200 points
Fable 3 Understone Quest Pack-200 points
Fallout: New Vegas Dead Money-400 points

thanks.

looks like XMEN for me probably.

mygu said:

About time we had another silicon valley game ending bug :p

smurfx said:
awesome after burner climax is for sale. been wanting that game for the longest.
it had a sale like 3 weeks after release, this is the 2nd time.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
To Far Away Times said:
And everyone should take this opportunity to get Afterburner Climax. I bought it at $15 and it was worth every penny and then some.
It was never sold for $15. Debuted at $10.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
X-men is (or was) only on sale in Germany on Friday. The rest of the world gets Deadliest Warrior. Sorry :(

newest majors minute on US xbl says xmen arcade will be on sale alongside the aforementioned titles =)

Top Bottom