• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Fans Are Getting Hyped Over This Tease For Adventure Game Tunic

Vasto

Tunic was announced back in 2017 under the name of Secret Legend, but was then shown again during Xbox's conference in 2018 as Tunic. It was also confirmed that the game would be a console launch exclusive, but since then details on the project have been fairly sparse.

Yesterday saw a the official Twitter account post a new tease, after months of silence, which has sent the community in a frenzy. All it featured was a small GIF of a golden door being opened, which has led to excitement, speculation, and even the official Xbox account chiming in to get in on the fun. But what does it mean - if anything?

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Been following this thing since the first reveal and had almost completely forgotten about it. Hope it's day one PC Game Pass.

VAL0R

Banned
This is probably obvious to most, but the Xbox tweet is a reference to the genie from Aladdin. "Phenomenal cosmic power! Itty bitty living space."
disney genie GIF

PooBone

I'm not gonna lie, having Game Pass and knowing a game will be on the service does get me hyped for stuff I otherwise wouldn't pay much attention to. This game looks neat, kinda 2D-zelda and Bastion-esque. Hopefully it's good.

I'm not gonna lie, having Game Pass and knowing a game will be on the service does get me hyped for stuff I otherwise wouldn't pay much attention to. This game looks neat, kinda 2D-zelda and Bastion-esque. Hopefully it's good.
Was it announced to release on GamePass?

Kuranghi

The style reminds me of FEZ even though its a different rendering style entirely. I like the door opening animation, noice. I read above thats its an Aladdin reference but generally the Xbox Twitter account is run by some cloying-ass people. They've surpassed the cloy-level of The Odd Life of Timothy Green:

Don't worry, thats not poo on him.

MiguelItUp

Tunic has always had this element of charm and passion that you want almost every game to have. I remember seeing it eons ago, and to be quite honest there was a period where I thought it was released already. But I was clearly wrong!

Looking forward to seeing the final product, I really hope it's a huge success for them.

jaysius

Banned
Jesus, your title reads like a fucking attack post. The clickbait of that title, are you angry about something?

Random games do crappy "bread crumb" teases all the time, this is 2021.

Tunic is a GamePass day 1 game, so it makes sense for Xbox official twitter to "get in on the fun".

ZywyPL

Banned
I think the game will end up just like Below - super hyped after initial reveal, then years (literally) of complete silence, and once the game finally came out no one bothered, because people already forgot about it. If you asked me about Tunic yesterday I'd say it was released 2-3 years ago, turns out it's still in the making...

stitch1

I'm excited for this game. But at this point I do really see what the hype is about. It's a door. How about give us a release date or some new news to get hyped for.

Top Bottom