• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Fa2aQRrWYAAe9rx

Gamescom banner (re) confirms Lies of Pi as a game pass title.

Last edited:
9c6FTJ1.png

Not a complete list but alot of games for me. highlighted 25 in my copy of it
Incredible value, even at full price. Starfield, Redfall and Forza alone are worth it. Then we're getting impressive games like Plague Tale Requiem, Stalker 2, Wo Long and Atomic Heart. And then on top of that a bunch of great smaller games (personally hyped for Benedict Fox, Lies of P, Hollow Knight and Pentiment). What a time to be alive.

DaGwaphics

Quite a few already known. I've got to go back and play Grounded, haven't tried it since the very beginning when it was locking up on me all the time on the VCR.

Bridges

Just finished 999 so I'm happy to see the rest of the series come to Xbox.

Kinda surprised this won't also be on Gamepass though, I always hear that fans didn't really like this one.

Still waiting on Danganronpa V3 at this point, and I bet AI: The Nirvana Initiative comes to Gamepass at some point.

Pipe dream but the second Phoenix Wright collection would be a really great addition as well, we got the first one (not on GP) but the second one completely skipped Xbox.

adamsapple

hoping we get deathloop on the 14th

I'm guessing they'll probably start teasing an announcement for xbox after that date, but it won't release until Nov or Dec. As Xbox doesn't have a single first party game for December.

adamsapple

Why wait if the exclusivity period is over?

They'll still probably want/need some time to market the game coming out on Xbox instead of just a shadow drop, IMO. If it has any additional DLC or extra features etc on top.

Last edited:

PuffyCan

They'll still probably want/need some time to market the game coming out on Xbox instead of just a shadow drop, IMO. If it has any additional DLC or extra features etc on top.
I still think they should release it asap, it's crazy to think the first two games to come out after bethesda acquisition were playstation exclusives. Releasing it on gamepass as soon as possible is the way to go.
They could always release some kind of directors cut with new dlc later on.

Wohc

Banned
Microsoft barely markets their games if the are not named Halo. I doubt i will see any ads in my town.

adamsapple

If this gets announced in the second September drop (sep 16~17) just days after the 1 year term, that'll be something fierce.

Last edited:
I still think they should release it asap, it's crazy to think the first two games to come out after bethesda acquisition were playstation exclusives. Releasing it on gamepass as soon as possible is the way to go.
They could always release some kind of directors cut with new dlc later on.
They should just post, "It's time, you know why we couldn't talk about it," on their Twitter account.

Edit, this isn't sarcasm if it came off that way.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Xbox Game Pass continues to grow each month, with new games like Immortality and action brawlers such as Midnight Fight Express. Here's a list of seven great games you can play on the service right now.

Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft's gaming subscription service, is often referred to as the best deal in gaming, and for good reason. Each month, multiple games are added to its rotating catalog of titles, a mix of first-party Xbox games, indies, and other huge games.

It can be a little overwhelming, but have no fear. In this video, we're going to tell you the best games to play on Xbox Game Pass. There's something for everyone, from puzzle mystery games like Immortality, to unrelenting brawlers such as Midnight Fight Express. If you're in the mood for something more chill, there's also Coffee Talk and Cooking Simulator. And speaking of sims, Two Point Campus is also available on Game Pass this month. Each month, GameSpot highlights the best games on Xbox Game Pass, so make sure you subscribe to get the best recommendations.

TIMESTAMPS:
00:00 - Intro
00:15 - Immortality
01:13 - Midnight Fight Express
02:13 - Tinykin
03:28 - Immortals Fenyx Rising
04:20 - Coffee Talk
05:31 - Cooking Simulator
06:40 - Two Point Campus
07:35 - Outro

Cyberpunkd

I am really tempted to get an Xbox Series controller just so I can play games on Apple devices via xCloud. Just tried some touch enabled ones and the quality was surprisingly decent .

The last PC GP update included a partnership with Howlongtobeat.com which shows completion times for games in the details page.

Pretty handy if you're looking for a game of a certain length.

Last edited:

Bridges

Daaamn I was planning to get home from work and start Metal Hellsinger but now I have to make a choice between that, Ni No Kuni and Danganronpa V3.

Solid showing, Xbox is slowly getting better and better with 3rd party JPN support, love to see it.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I am really tempted to get an Xbox Series controller just so I can play games on Apple devices via xCloud. Just tried some touch enabled ones and the quality was surprisingly decent .
Why not get a backbone or kishi? Or is it not just phones you’d be streaming from?

Jaybe

Game Pass leaving soon list has been updated:
  • Slime Rancher (XB/PC)
  • Lemnis Gate (XB/PC)
  • Going Under (XB/PC)
  • DiRT 4 (XB)
  • DiRT Rally (XB)
  • Subnautica: Below Zero (XB/PC)
  • Dandy Ace (XB/PC)
  • Unsighted (XB/PC)
  • AI: The Somnium Files (XB/PC)
  • Astria Ascending (XB/PC)
  • The Procession to Calvary (XB/PC)
  • Visage (XB/PC)

Sleepwalker

Tried some metal hellsinger on PC but found it too hard for me (still learning mouse and keyboard controls) but the game is super fun

Jaybe

Tried some metal hellsinger on PC but found it too hard for me (still learning mouse and keyboard controls) but the game is super fun
I gave it ten minutes on Xbox and can’t be bothered with it. I probably just suck at rhythm games or maybe it’s the latency of TV and wireless controller plus trigger. Maybe all the above. I’m sure a 1ms monitor and wired mouse would be much better to play on. Some people seem to love it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Game Pass leaving soon list has been updated:

• The Procession to Calvary (XB/PC)

This is a legitimately brilliant game, would highly recommend people give this a shot while it's there.

While it's always sad to see good games leave, the last 3~ days have been exceptionally brilliant for new content being announced for the service, and we have one more:

Jaybe

Wonder when Battlefield 2042 will finally hit Game Pass Ultimate / EA Play? You’d think before Call of Duty releases.

Cyberpunkd

Can someone comment on how it all handles via the cloud on Steam Deck? I should be getting one in the next 2 weeks, and have Ultimate till July 2023.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Metal Hellsinger is pretty good so far. I'm not sure the beat adds anything to the game though. Thats been my opinion of all games like this. The underlying gameplay and art design still shine.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Can someone comment on how it all handles via the cloud on Steam Deck? I should be getting one in the next 2 weeks, and have Ultimate till July 2023.
Steam Deck has great WiFi, so xCloud generally works quite well depending on your router. MS has instructions on their site how to install it so it appears and functions like a native app/game in Game Mode. I didn't want my son to have to mess with dual-booting Windows on his Deck, so that's how he accesses GP Ultimate.

Setup instructions...

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Game Pass catalogue continues to grow with new games like Prodeus, Metal: Hellsinger, and Deathloop.

There's a lot of games to play on Xbox Game Pass, and with its catalog ever-growing, it can be a lot to keep track of. In this video, we go over some of the recent games to make their way to the service, like Moonscars, or Slim Rancher 2, as well as some gems like Beacon Pines.

One of the biggest additions to Game Pass was Deathloop—the once PlayStation 5 exclusive is now available on Microsoft's Xbox Series X/S.

00:00 - Intro
00:11 - Deathloop
01:43 - Prodeus
02:46 - Metal: Hellsinger
03:48 - Moonscars
04:46 - Slime Rancher 2
05:41 - Beacon Pines
06:31 - Assassin's Creed Odyssey
07:29 - Outro

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Moonscars is up. Its kind of getting nuts how many games I want to play from just September.

I literally almost don't want them to announce more games for October in 3 days.

Jaybe

Moonscars is up. Its kind of getting nuts how many games I want to play from just September.

I literally almost don't want them to announce more games for October in 3 days.
Don’t they usually announce on Tuesdays? I just figured TGS’s Friday announcement was a one-time thing. Plague Tale and maybe Persona are all that’s on my radar. At some point BF2042 needs to hit EA Vault. Would like something early Oct to dip into.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Don’t they usually announce on Tuesdays? I just figured TGS’s Friday announcement was a one-time thing. Plague Tale and maybe Persona are all that’s on my radar. At some point BF2042 needs to hit EA Vault. Would like something early Oct to dip into.
I dont know actually. But I know we're getting Scorn and. Plague Tale.

adamsapple

Yeah, it's usually first tuesday of a month for the first batch.

Although we already know some of the big hitters in October like Scorn, Persona, Plague Tale. So the rest of it might be filler stuff.

Wonder which Ubisoft game is next. Division 1 or 2 ?

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Be careful the devs said they found a "critical bug" late in testing that affects the late game.

They are working on a fix.
Im not surprised. It seems super low budget. Its decently fun though. Still working on the timing for the parry. Im not even close to late game but thanks for the warning.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Moonscars is definitely flawed but I'm enjoying it. Tough as nails. You get literally zero leeway. Just parry everything or don't even bother playing. Die and you lose all currency. Pretty brutal but I'm scraping by.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Still making my way through Moonscars. It's growing on me. Still some issues with the game for sure, but I'm enjoying it. It's pretty satisfying when you survive a gauntlet of ruthless attacks. The game is just very unforgiving.

Top Bottom