• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass | Increase Your Backlog Inside

Never. When that game first came out EVERY single person was into it and loved it. THen all of a sudden people turned on it, I have no clue why. You could literally just go hunting for 20 hours and never even do the story, the game is so amazingly made. I am not talking about anything story related, strictly gameplay.
Absolutely not true. Just look at the OT. I hated it and sold it a couple of days after buying it, and said as much here. And I was far from the only one.

Red Dead 2 coming to GP May 7th. SWEET!! Been having this on my wish list and now I dont have to purchase it! Thank you Game Pass!

lRxGb30.jpg

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Never. When that game first came out EVERY single person was into it and loved it. THen all of a sudden people turned on it, I have no clue why. You could literally just go hunting for 20 hours and never even do the story, the game is so amazingly made. I am not talking about anything story related, strictly gameplay.
This is so not true lol.

ruvikx

Banned
The file size might be huge, the download will take forever & I didn't even enjoy my time with RDR2 on ps4 last year, but I just know I'm going to install it. It'll be interesting to see how it looks (& mostly performs) on the One X. Saint Denis & Valentine had serious framerate drops on the base ps4 in those towns.

Tiamat2san

I hope we’ll get yakuza 3/4/5 remastered after Kiwami 2 (the best of the series for me)
I don’t to buy it in PS4 since there no real physical version of each game.
And I am not PS plus anymore so my saves won’t stay in the cloud.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Damn. I dont like that game at all but that's a fat get for Game Pass.

My feelings exactly. I got $100 off my 1X if I bought RDR2 so essentially I got paid to take the game, I never would have bought it otherwise because I hate R* games. I did actually playthrough the entire game and while it was visually stunning on the 1X it was super annoying in so many ways and even more boring than UC4.

While I may detest R* games, a whole shitload of people absolutely love them and it is arguably one of the biggest games of this gen. So yeah, huge get for GP.

draliko

damn that is a nice addition, a divisive game but still a heavy hitter nonetheless. As a gamer gamepass saved me so much money and let me try so many games i would otherwise ignore (last was surge 2, very nice fun game if you like the genre), hope they keep the moment in the next gen too.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Just bit the bullet & converted my next year of Gold into Game Pass Ultimate. Why the hell not, I'm off work for another 3 weeks at least.

Looking at all these games now, wondering where to start.

Think I'll get into the whole Rewards thing as well.

Pantz

Gold Member
Just bit the bullet & converted my next year of Gold into Game Pass Ultimate. Why the hell not, I'm off work for another 3 weeks at least.

Looking at all these games now, wondering where to start.

Think I'll get into the whole Rewards thing as well.

A few tips to get into rewards,
Get the Rewards App on Xbox to earn extra points they give you 100 free a week and 50 per day for unlocking achievements.
Do daily searches and polls on the rewards website. These give you pretty fast and consistent points. Press F12 in your browser and you can find a way to switch to mobile compatibility mode to do the mobile searches on your computer if you like.
The Game Pass rewards are somewhat less efficient than the others but still ok if you're having fun and if you want some tips on the game quests https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-quests

It's hard to estimate it, but it feels like you can really earn a fair hourly wage getting points.

I own RDR 2 on both PS4 Pro and X1X. I got it on ps4 pro first because I only had a base Xbox one at the time. I beat it on pro and when I picked up the X1X I grabbed it again. I’ve been taking my time this time and just started chapter 3.

I understand all the complaints about the pace and controls and I hate some of the forced walking sequences but this is still my GOTG I think. Witcher 3 was good and Days Gone is my favorite PS exclusive so far this gen.

I like the slower pace. There is so much to do aside from the story and I’m working on getting all the satchels this go around. I’d suggest anyone that likes Rockstar games and wants something that they can take their time and mosey on through at your own pace to check it out.

Just sitting around camp at night can be one of the most gorgeous atmospheres I’ve seen in a game. I’ll load it up just for some poker when I don’t feel like doing anything else.

pr0cs

I like the slower pace.
RDR2 is an amazing game if you take your time. I still think it's best labelled as a cowboy simulation.
For me it's one of my favourite games in the last 10 years. Not because the core gameplay loop is great, God know the shooting mechanics are clunky as hell. More for me because the world feels so alive and real if you avoid using the map and just experience it organically, stop trying to treat it like your typical ubi collectathon

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
A few tips to get into rewards,
Get the Rewards App on Xbox to earn extra points they give you 100 free a week and 50 per day for unlocking achievements.
Do daily searches and polls on the rewards website. These give you pretty fast and consistent points. Press F12 in your browser and you can find a way to switch to mobile compatibility mode to do the mobile searches on your computer if you like.
The Game Pass rewards are somewhat less efficient than the others but still ok if you're having fun and if you want some tips on the game quests https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-quests

It's hard to estimate it, but it feels like you can really earn a fair hourly wage getting points.

Thanks for the tips. Got the app set up on my console & phone, started earning points.

Think I'll try to keep myself continually subscribed to Ultimate through reward points. Looks like it could be doable.

Gravemind

Never thought I'd be an advocate of gamepass but after getting it for $1 for 3 months, can honestly say it is amazing. I just signed up for a year subscription.

It really is a great deal. I've played so many games on gamepass that I would have never played if I had to buy them outright.

Six of my friends also signed up for the $1 trial on my recommendation and are loving it.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
RDR2 is an amazing game if you take your time. I still think it's best labelled as a cowboy simulation.
For me it's one of my favourite games in the last 10 years. Not because the core gameplay loop is great, God know the shooting mechanics are clunky as hell. More for me because the world feels so alive and real if you avoid using the map and just experience it organically, stop trying to treat it like your typical ubi collectathon
I personally prefer the slower pace of RDR to GTA. Theres something about the slower pace of rising the horse around and seeing the scenic vistas that I enjoy.

It is a completely different experience then the ADHD hustle and bustle of the city. I guess it takes a certain mindset to enjoy it.

As a kid I would spend a few weeks at my aunts every summer and spend most of the time I was there riding horses and doing chores like feeding cattle and cleaning pig barns, so maybe I just have a better sense of appreciation for both worlds.

bender

What time is it?
Finished Deliver Us The Moon last night in one sitting. Story aside, it's not good. Movement in the game feels like something you'd experience in a user created game in Dreams. Puzzles are brain dead and the platforming is crummy due to the aforementioned feel of locomotion

Pretty excited for Moving Out..

Kagey K

Banned
Finished Deliver Us The Moon last night in one sitting. Story aside, it's not good. Movement in the game feels like something you'd experience in a user created game in Dreams. Puzzles are brain dead and the platforming is crummy due to the aforementioned feel of locomotion

Pretty excited for Moving Out..
Oof I downloaded it, but maybe I should just forget about it and move on? Are there lots of missable achievements or do you get most of them in one go?

bender

What time is it?
Oof I downloaded it, but maybe I should just forget about it and move on? Are there lots of missable achievements or do you get most of them in one go?

Not an achievement hunter but it's probably an easy game to get all the achievements in and it's really short (4-5 hours). The story may make up for the mechanical short comings for some folks. I really don't like Sci Fi all that much.

Kagey K

Banned
Not an achievement hunter but it's probably an easy game to get all the achievements in and it's really short (4-5 hours). The story may make up for the mechanical short comings for some folks. I really don't like Sci Fi all that much.
Since you don’t achievement hunt, what was your final gamerscore when you beat the game (if you don’t mind me asking) I don’t really achievement hunt either and just try to play like I’d naturally play.

Night.Ninja

Banned
I'm enjoying deliver us the moon so far, I had to turn on 1080p/60 mode though 4k/30 felt sluggish but you still get slowdown with 60 fps on

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing The Escapists 2 as couch co-op. It's fun but also tedious sometimes, and I don't like that you need to be able to escape on your own sometimes. Gonna try "Moving Out" next. Also Totally Reliable Delivery Service isn't fun for long, the physics are off way too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

pr0cs

personally prefer the slower pace of RDR to GTA.
Gta5 was such a huge bust for me, I have played it on 4 platforms now including vr and the characters and gameplay are just so dull. I know rdr2 gets a lot of hate but mostly I feel because people want to play it like a cowboys version of vice city.. It's simply not that
Damn was hoping Deliver Us To The Moon was okay. Sounds like a skip for me now.
I finished it last night on pc. It's still worth a go because the story is pretty good and it's really short, maybe 6 hours or so.
On pc it's a technical mess though, pretty but also buggy as hell multiple crash to desktop. It's gamepass so if you don't like it uninstall but I'd still say it's worth trying
Gonna try "Moving Out" next. Also Totally Reliable Delivery Service isn't fun for long, the physics are off way too much.
I finished Human Fall Flat with my daughter this weekend, pretty fun split screen couch coop we found. Physics can be janky but a lot less frustrating than some of the other physics games of note

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I finished Human Fall Flat with my daughter this weekend, pretty fun split screen couch coop we found. Physics can be janky but a lot less frustrating than some of the other physics games of note
Played a couple of levels, was indeed a bit janky, but like you said there are way worse games for that. Thought it was a fun game, maybe the escapists 2 is also something fun to play with her, although there is a bit of violence in it.

pr0cs

Played a couple of levels, was indeed a bit janky,
It starts out really easy but by the end the game gets pretty hard turning into a pretty tricky platforming physics puzzler. Can't help but think the devs hurt themselves by making the first few levels kinda dull. Later on there are levels with some crazy jumps and 'vine' type swinging that will get the palms sweaty.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody played Ruiner?

Great indie cyberpunk top-down action/shooter with RPG mechanics & bundles of style.

Look at this,

SQhVcGW.jpg

It's badass. Plays well too. I'm really digging it right now.

with all these game downloads it can fill up your hardrive pretty quickly, so are you guys saving it to an external hardrive/ssd drive/hybrid SSD-HDD drive? If so, what's the best brand/quality/price?

I wanna sign up for it once I get xbox series X

Has anyone here had 'Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid' download and install itself without any action on your part? This morning I received a notification stating that said game was ready to play. I know for a fact that I did not download it. A friend of mine just confirmed that the same thing has happened to him. I've searched on google and can't find evidence of this occurrence being common place.

Jesb

Why do they put games on the section of gamepass on the app and than the only option is to buy. I’m on the pc gamepass and prey is on the gamepass section but you can’t play it under XGP.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Why do they put games on the section of gamepass on the app and than the only option is to buy. I’m on the pc gamepass and prey is on the gamepass section but you can’t play it under XGP.

It was on gp for awhile. Could just be a mistake.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Was it already mentioned that xCloud will be part of Game Pass? Maybe a topic has been created for this, but I thought this was actually amazing.

Later this year our cloud game streaming technology, Project xCloud, will come to Game Pass—so you and your friends can stream and play the games you love together on your devices.
Source

Top Bottom