• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Games Showcase July 23 - Ready to get back to work Chief?

Are you ready

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PresetError

Neophyte
I will be watching the showcase. If it's great I will admit it and congratulate you. If it's bad I won't say anything at all. If it's mediocre I'll try not to rain too hard on your parade but it's my worst case scenario.

Last edited:

YoodlePro

I trust Phil Spencer.

I trust him with my life.

I trust him more than I trust my mom.

-----------------------------------

Please don't disappoint us, Phil.
dd0.jpg

Sometimes this kind of loyalty scares me.

splattered

Not expecting elden ring at all and that's fine.

I'm expecting mostly cross gen looking games and you know what? I'm totally cool with this i just want to see new games and updates on known games dammit... we were robbed of our traditional E3 this year and gaming events have SUCKED so far.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been this excited for an Xbox showing since the disastrous One reveal show. I still remember how much I loved my 360 & how ready I was for more great gaming news... Only to watch that infamous show.

A lot has changed since then. I really believe that Series X could be special. This show today could be the start of something special.

AfnfyIg.gif

Just seen Monster energy cans with Halo XP boosters on them. Goddamn now I'm nervous. Never been a huge halo fan but always been an xbox fan. Seeing them have boosters on thier flagship though does make me extremely apprehensive.

Come on Phil you can do this!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Just seen Monster energy cans with Halo XP boosters on them. Goddamn now I'm nervous. Never been a huge halo fan but always been an xbox fan. Seeing them have boosters on thier flagship though does make me extremely apprehensive.

Come on Phil you can do this!

Huh? The game has a MP mode. Almost every MP shooter does XP boosters. They did the same with Gears 5.

How is 2x exp a hated thing? People demand CoD do 2x exp weekends. People love it.
Paid promotion and free weekend are not comparable. Weird example.

Just saying EVERYONE hates MT is all forms, this is proven by how they have slowly begun to take a back foot recently. With a new gen around the corner the games and thier pricing systems will be very telling of what to expect for the gen. I was just trying to point out how its disappointing that xbox is going to continue that with its first party and it could be telling for what's in store with thier other games. Wasnt taking some personal jab at xbox, just an observation.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Paid promotion and free weekend are not comparable. Weird example.

Just saying EVERYONE hates MT is all forms, this is proven by how they have slowly begun to take a back foot recently. With a new gen around the corner the games and thier pricing systems will be very telling of what to expect for the gen. I was just trying to point out how its disappointing that xbox is going to continue that with its first party and it could be telling for what's in store with thier other games. Wasnt taking some personal jab at xbox, just an observation.

No you're moving the goalposts because your argument fell apart immediately.

Promotional tie-ins are obviously only bad when Microsoft does them.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't think I'm going to be able to watch this live, but want the full experience. I assume that if I use the official MS Youtube link in the OP it will begin at the start of the event when I click it? (a couple of hours after the event)

ManaByte

Gold Member
This a thread about xbox, why would I mention CoD MTs.

Man you are defensive.

Because it's an accurate comparison. EVERY SINGLE MULTIPLAYER SHOOTER does XP boosts. People love them. But you come in a Xbox thread to concern troll when Halo does it.

Because it's an accurate comparison. EVERY SINGLE MULTIPLAYER SHOOTER does XP boosts. People love them. But you come in a Xbox thread to concern troll when Halo does it.
People love them ? That's not true. They are also NOT in every single MP game at all.
How is that trolling ? Its extremely common for people in the gaming community to be concerned with MTs has been for years.
Again you seem extremely defensive, like I'm trying to poop on your favourite franchise or something?

ManaByte

Gold Member
People love them ? That's not true. They are also NOT in every single MP game at all.
How is that trolling ? Its extremely common for people in the gaming community to be concerned with MTs has been for years.
Again you seem extremely defensive, like I'm trying to poop on your favourite franchise or something?

I said every MP shooter. You're twisting words in disingenuous trolling.

Mattyp

Gold Member

Every competitive FPS shooter at least 99% of them or any that have a rank system also have XP boosters, so people do love no matter what moving up ranks faster or getting them as rewards is universally liked.

What MTs are you concerned about by bringing up XP boosters that every competitive title uses?

That was an un intentional mis read on my part, fair from disingenuous as what actually said was accurate.

Doeant change anything about my original statement, just because other shooters do it doesnt give all shooters a free pass to do it. MTs are bad not having MTs are better, 1st party is different from 3rd party and should be held to different standards.
In contrast to your hyper defensive reaction I told my 30 year old ,life long halo fan, friend there may be MTs in this one and he said "Wtf again?!?" . So not every feels the same as you, sorry I saw that as trolling.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Every competitive FPS shooter at least 99% of them or any that have a rank system also have XP boosters, so people do love no matter what moving up ranks faster or getting them as rewards is universally liked.

What MTs are you concerned about by bringing up XP boosters that every competitive title uses?

Because it's a way to concern troll in a Halo reveal thread.

All of them in all games. Just because 99% of games have them doesnt mean they are good. Dont think those two should be conflated. It wasnt a remark on the overall quality of the game but not sure why we are pretending like this is fine "coz other games do it" .

Mattyp

Gold Member
All of them in all games. Just because 99% of games have them doesnt mean they are good. Dont think those two should be conflated. It wasnt a remark on the overall quality of the game but not sure why we are pretending like this is fine "coz other games do it" .

All of them in all games? You haven't specified anything at all. We're talking about XP boosters this isn't pay to win like Uncharted or locking content behind map packs. If you want to see what MT Microsoft has done this generation just look at their most successful title SoT.

Again, what MT do you believe Microsoft is bringing to the table that will hurt players? They've done nothing but cosmetic this entire generation.

ManaByte

Gold Member
All of them in all games? You haven't specified anything at all. We're talking about XP boosters this isn't pay to win like Uncharted or locking content behind map packs. If you want to see what MT Microsoft has done this generation just look at their most successful title SoT.

Again, what MT do you believe Microsoft is bringing to the table that will hurt players? They've done nothing but cosmetic this entire generation.

Funny how someone pretending to be a big Xbox fan to defend their trolling doesn't know that.

My OP specifically states what MTs we are talking about, XP boosters.

So your defence of MTs is that everyone does it so that means it's ok and the best way to do thing?

You know what dont answer that, clearly me saying MTs I games is inferior to no MTs in games makes me some sort of troll.

ManaByte

Gold Member
My OP specifically states what MTs we are talking about, XP boosters.

So your defence of MTs is that everyone does it so that means it's ok and the best way to do thing?

You know what dont answer that, clearly me saying MTs I games is inferior to no MTs in games makes me some sort of troll.

XP boosters don't hurt anyone. At all. They're extremely popular because people want to rank up as fast as possible.

Funny how someone pretending to be a big Xbox fan to defend their trolling doesn't know that.
I know about SoT MTs because I am an xbox fan would you like to see my gamer score oh salty one?

Didnt mention them because they have nothing to do with xp boosters in halo.

And u started by saying I was shifting the goal posts?

Mattyp

Gold Member
I know about SoT MTs because I am an xbox fan would you like to see my gamer score oh salty one?

Didnt mention them because they have nothing to do with xp boosters in halo.

And u started by saying I was shifting the goal posts?

I was just trying to point out how its disappointing that xbox is going to continue that with its first party and it could be telling for what's in store with thier other games

It's like you forget what you write.

It's like you forget what you write.
What's up? Seems good to me bud.

Only brought up SoT because they did. Still disappointed in xbox 1st party MTs. I can feel you trying to squeeze put a point but I think you need one final push. Let me break it down in a simpler way so you can really nail down your point.

MTs bad. MTs in Halo bad. You think MTs good, why? If you agree MT bad then we agree.

Top Bottom