• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Cannot wait for Sine Mora, and I'm loving Nexuiz so much that I'm about to marry it. Really had to force myself to put the controller down to do some chores tonight, and I was pouting like a pissy toddler all the way through the chores. It had probably the rockiest launch ever on XBLA, but it's basically fine now, and so much fun! (Guess I should admit that it's my first proper arena FPS experience. Sure, I messed around in Quake and Unreal way back but I never played seriously or well.)

That's their cover? Way to not promote the unique and awesome nature of the game at all. That looks like some random SNES platformer, like a fifth-rate Bubsy or some shit. If that's what they're trying for, they need to shave off their hipster mustasches and get real.

OnPoint

That's their cover? Way to not promote the unique and awesome nature of the game at all. That looks like some random SNES platformer, like a fifth-rate Bubsy or some shit. If that's what they're trying for, they need to shave off their hipster mustasches and get real.

It didn't dawn on me until reading your post, but shit, that really IS an awful cover

So... Fable Heroes...

5xib4.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Press release from MS' event last week, XBLA stuff:

Xbox LIVE Arcade

“Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” (4J Studios, Mojang) – Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade in Spring 2012, “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” brings the global PC phenomenon to gamers for the first time on any console platform.

“Wreckateer” (Iron Galaxy) – “Wreckateer” uses Kinect for Xbox 360 to put players in control of a massive castle-wrecking ballista. With the help of Wreck and Tinker, players can travel the land and destroy 60 castles infested with goblins using six magical projectiles.

“Fable Heroes” (Lionhead Studios) – “Fable Heroes” delivers a fresh spin on the “Fable” franchise with an action-packed hack-and-slash adventure on Xbox LIVE Arcade.

“Trials Evolution” (RedLynx/Ubisoft) – Coming soon are new “Trials Evolution” maps in the next dimension of the smash-hit, award-winning “Trials HD.” Erm, this press release makes Trials Evolution sound like a map pack?

“Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD” (Robomodo, Activision) – Activision’s “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” for Xbox LIVE Arcade takes the best elements of “Tony Hawk Pro Skater” and “Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2” and upgrades them with sharp visuals and fresh content.

“South Park: Tenorman’s Revenge” (South Park Digital Studios, Other Ocean Interactive) – Scott Tenorman is back and he wants revenge! Play multiplayer with Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny to take on Tenorman and his army of Ginger robots before they destroy South Park!

“Counter-Strike: Global Offensive” (Hidden Path Entertainment, Valve) – The all-new “Demolition” mode in “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive” delivers a fast-paced game experience made up of tight small maps to get into the action quickly.

“Quantum Conundrum” (Airtight Games, Square Enix) – Enter a new dimension – the heavy dimension – in the latest environment-bending feature in the quirky, first-person puzzle game “Quantum Conundrum” from Square Enix and Airtight Games.

“Bloodforge” (Climax Studios) – “Bloodforge” combines devastating melee, ranged and magical attacks to deliver a fast-paced, bloodthirsty, brutal combat experience available exclusively on Xbox LIVE Arcade.

“Deadlight” (Tequila Works) – “Deadlight,” a brand new experience for Xbox LIVE Arcade, is a narrative-driven puzzle platformer set in the post-apocalyptic 80s devastated by a zombie epidemic.

“Diabolical Pitch” (Grasshopper Manufacture) – Available beginning April 4, Kinect for Xbox 360 turns living rooms into playing fields and the “Diabolical Pitch” is the main attraction.

“Joe Danger: The Movie” (Hello Games) – Race jetpacks against hoverboards and skis against skidoos in all-new multiplayer modes in “Joe Danger: The Movie.”

Coverage with screenshots of most of these titles here

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wreckateer and Deadlight look great IMHO. Bloodforge looks terrible, like one of those 50-Metacritic movie license brawlers. Diabolical Pitch looks pretty good but I've never been a fan of shooting galleries so I'm not sure I'll play it.

Zia

"If this doesn’t get you excited you may want to check your pulse!!!"

Checks pulse. Quantum Conundrum is the only game from that list that interests me in the slightest, as I Minecraft on Mac and the hundreds of hours I inevitably put into CS:GO before year's end will be on Mac as well.

They recently signed a big indie exclusive that I'm surprised they didn't unveil at this event...

JambiBum

I don't know how I haven't seen this mentioned yet but according to Major Nelson I am Alive comes out on Wednesday.

Edit: I'm dumb. Woo.

V_Ben

Banned
So, have they not announced a publisher for Joe Danger The Movie yet, or is MS bringing it to XBLA as an exclusive? I can't really tell from that press release, but I hope its the former. The original had such a great reception on PSN, and to lock up the sequel in an exclusivity deal would be some bollocks of the highest order.

Apart from that, the split screen mode for Minecraft looks super awesome, and I can bet that me and my friends will spend countless hours fucking around in that world. So sweet :D

I don't know how I haven't seen this mentioned yet but according to Major Nelson I am Awake comes out on Wednesday.

Quoting for lols.

Anyone know when the review embargo is up for this? Normally it's 5pm on a Monday but that's passed, and one site published and then pulled its review so I guess it's not then.

Moderately glad that Deadlight seems to have clunky platforming (PoP Classic, Blackthorne, Another World, War of the Worlds, etc) rather than the more nimble platforming often used in 2D platforming these days.

That's exactly what made me think that this will be good beyond the concept and visuals. It's absolutely necessary to the experience that fixed cost of time, movement, plus a form of stamina or energy limiting the given options to make that classic vulnerability to zombies feel complete and total. Couple that with the heavy-looking triangle/wall-jump and on-the-ground QTE/mash antics and this might be pretty awesome.

PopfulMail

Oh my lord, and there are several other titles not even listed that have huge potential.

This has to be the best year for XBLA, right?

XBLA just keeps getting better and better. With all the games that I am interested in that are in the schedule... I could easily go without retail games for the rest of the year.

rouken

where's Fez?

this is a really great year for XBLA, im hoping they announce new games for their Summer of Arcade lineup :D

On Climax UK's youtube page the description for Bloodforge says.

"Bloodforge is a brand new Xbox Live Arcade title due for release mid April, developed by Climax Studios"

Thought it would be later than that.

TheOddOne

They recently signed a big indie exclusive that I'm surprised they didn't unveil at this event...
This is the third time I've seen this mentioned, seems people where really impressed by this game. Dunno what it is, but could you shed some light on it?

mujun

On Climax UK's youtube page the description for Bloodforge says.

"Bloodforge is a brand new Xbox Live Arcade title due for release mid April, developed by Climax Studios"

Thought it would be later than that.

Trailer says spring and the upcoming list on Wiki says something like March. Sounds like it's done.

Zia

This is the third time I've seen this mentioned, seems people where really impressed by this game. Dunno what it is, but could you shed some light on it?

No. Sorry, I wasn't trying to tease - merely expressing disappointment with the lineup.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
  • Where is Awesomenauts?
  • Ha, so Simpsons avoids the Konami sale? Doh! The only thing I really want / don't have.
  • It IS time for them to start getting more companies in on sales. Get some of those SNK Fighters into sales, or some of SquareEnix's more unique backlog (like Yosumin!). Still waiting for Raystorm and R-type to go on sale, too XD
  • The DOA 5 demo is suppose to be a Nin-gaiden preorder exclusive, right? Hmmm. All the better if it's not, though; I had no interest in NinG3, but I'd love to get to play the DOA 5 demo.

bjork

Anyone that hasn't given ilomilo a go, should do so. Fun and charming, though the last few levels are beyond my level of puzzle-solving.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Press release from MS' event last week, XBLA stuff:

Quote:
Xbox LIVE Arcade

“Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” (4J Studios, Mojang) – Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade in Spring 2012, “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” brings the global PC phenomenon to gamers for the first time on any console platform.

“Wreckateer” (Iron Galaxy) – “Wreckateer” uses Kinect for Xbox 360 to put players in control of a massive castle-wrecking ballista. With the help of Wreck and Tinker, players can travel the land and destroy 60 castles infested with goblins using six magical projectiles.

“Fable Heroes” (Lionhead Studios) – “Fable Heroes” delivers a fresh spin on the “Fable” franchise with an action-packed hack-and-slash adventure on Xbox LIVE Arcade.

“Trials Evolution” (RedLynx/Ubisoft) – Coming soon are new “Trials Evolution” maps in the next dimension of the smash-hit, award-winning “Trials HD.” Erm, this press release makes Trials Evolution sound like a map pack?

“Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD” (Robomodo, Activision) – Activision’s “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” for Xbox LIVE Arcade takes the best elements of “Tony Hawk Pro Skater” and “Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2” and upgrades them with sharp visuals and fresh content.

“South Park: Tenorman’s Revenge” (South Park Digital Studios, Other Ocean Interactive) – Scott Tenorman is back and he wants revenge! Play multiplayer with Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny to take on Tenorman and his army of Ginger robots before they destroy South Park!

“Counter-Strike: Global Offensive” (Hidden Path Entertainment, Valve) – The all-new “Demolition” mode in “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive” delivers a fast-paced game experience made up of tight small maps to get into the action quickly.

“Quantum Conundrum” (Airtight Games, Square Enix) – Enter a new dimension – the heavy dimension – in the latest environment-bending feature in the quirky, first-person puzzle game “Quantum Conundrum” from Square Enix and Airtight Games.

“Bloodforge” (Climax Studios) – “Bloodforge” combines devastating melee, ranged and magical attacks to deliver a fast-paced, bloodthirsty, brutal combat experience available exclusively on Xbox LIVE Arcade.

“Deadlight” (Tequila Works) – “Deadlight,” a brand new experience for Xbox LIVE Arcade, is a narrative-driven puzzle platformer set in the post-apocalyptic 80s devastated by a zombie epidemic.

“Diabolical Pitch” (Grasshopper Manufacture) – Available beginning April 4, Kinect for Xbox 360 turns living rooms into playing fields and the “Diabolical Pitch” is the main attraction.

“Joe Danger: The Movie” (Hello Games) – Race jetpacks against hoverboards and skis against skidoos in all-new multiplayer modes in “Joe Danger: The Movie.”

Coverage with screenshots of most of these titles here

So Joe Danger: The Movie is exclusive, then? All the third party published games have the publisher listed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom