• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

surly

Banned
How come I quite regularly hear about EA games having their online component shut down, yet I can fire up the online mode of XBLA games that have been dead (in terms of player base) for years and it still works? Do EA run things differently and if so, why?

iavi

They couldn't make it any worse than it already is BOOOOOOM (not entirely serious)

Save your fears for Jet Set Radio HD, which is probably cancelled now along with everything else Sega had in the pipeline that was worth anything. :(

JSR HD should be fine, given that the smaller brick-n-mortar titles were the ones being cut, and digital was where they were moving their focus towards. SA2 being the next DC title to make the jump to the DD platforms makes sense, and should (let us pray) be a great port given the rumor that they're done with the backbone-tier; JSR actually being enhanced--controls/60fps, and even the latest vintage collection being done by M2 backing that up a bit.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yet Burnout Revenge still works. Can only find a game on weekends and even then its takes 30 minutes. odd.
Online play in Burnout Revenge is going away forever in about a week. Forced obsolescence is probably the slimiest practice I've seen this gen.

Ronian

Neo Member
Space Invaders IG really that good? Tried the demo but I am on the fence.. I dont like shmups often, but GW is great.

aku:jiki

Do we know if the games they shut down also get delisted? FGN is mostly couch-based so if they're still selling it, just without online play, it's not a game-killer. Would love for that to happen because I need it for my TA completions but certainly don't want to spend 5600+ MSP on it right now...

Ronian said:
Space Invaders IG really that good? Tried the demo but I am on the fence.. I dont like shmups often, but GW is great.
Not really, no. It's an adequate shmup but not really worth buying over Guwange, Exelica, Ikaruga or Radiant Silvergun.

LosDaddie

Banned
So it is. Just checked my US account and there wasn't a panel and the games were full priced so presume for the moment this is UK/EU? only.

The full list is -
--Halo: Reach - Anniversary Map Pack - 800msp (was 1200)

edit,
UK = Yep
US = Nope
HK = Nope
JPN = Nope but there is a kinect arcade deal. Buy 2 get 300msp back up to buy 6 and get 900msp back.

It's on sale in the US, too. Xbox.com is showing me a price of 600msp! :) I guess it's finally time to buy the Halo CEA maps.

When does the sale end?

Vert boil

It's on sale in the US, too. Xbox.com is showing me a price of 600msp! :) I guess it's finally time to buy the Halo CEA maps.

When does the sale end?

Ahh, looks like I made a mistake yesterday and put 800 instead of 600.

Double check if you are going to buy, the link is to the UK xbox.com. Either change the en-gb to en-us to get the US store listing or try and buy as normal and it will auto switch to the US site when it asks you to enter your password.
I checked again and it's still listing them at full price on the US store.

As for the sale. It should end Tuesday next week after the Bank Holiday/Easter Monday.

Well, I just used a secondary UK accounts and some points bought in ebay.co.uk to get some of the XBLA promotions. I prefer to have all games on my main US account, but it does not matter much since you can play the games on the US account in the same system you download them, and they can be transfered to another 360 in case of problems.

Didn't really wanna start a new thread for this, and this thread seems the best place for me to ask:

I've finally got a wireless N adapter for my old Elite which is in my bedroom at the moment. I don't use it for gaming anymore (mainly media/streaming), but my GF plays it if I’m on the 360 in the living room. This will happen a lot more now that I have ME3 and FONV:UE to plow through and she just got herself SSX.

Currently all my XBLA/DLC is on my newer 360. Everything gets downloaded from my gamertag. She only downloads free stuff and female avatar only stuff. It just seems to make sense to keep as much tied to one account as possible rather than spreading over two.

Will I be better off leaving things as they are, or should I transfer all my licences to the old Elite in the bedroom and make sure that from now on all my downloads are made on the old elite.

That way I can use everything when I’m on the newer 360 (as I’ll be signed into Live) and she’ll be able to play everything upstairs without me being logged in as the licences will be there.

Is this my new ideal setup, or should I keep it all as it is?

How does this affect Online/Season Passes?

MoxManiac

Holy shit at Jojo's being on that list.

And if that Golden Axe Sega Ages thing has Revenge of Death Adder on it I WILL DIE A HAPPY MAN.

Is it meant to be a MetroidVania? It looks a lot like just a 2D platformer, though obviously it's hard to tell. Everything just looks quite flat. There's left and right but no up or down. Still looks very good, though

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Is it meant to be a MetroidVania? It looks a lot like just a 2D platformer, though obviously it's hard to tell. Everything just looks quite flat. There's left and right but no up or down. Still looks very good, though

Are you talking about that Deadlight trailer? IT looked like there was a bit of platforming, jumping for and climbing ladders, stuff like that.

aku:jiki

Is this my new ideal setup, or should I keep it all as it is?
Yes, that will work out for you and your girl. I can't speak for that "passes" shit though, as XBLA doesn't have that and I basically don't play retail.

mr jones said:
Are you talking about that Deadlight trailer? IT looked like there was a bit of platforming, jumping for and climbing ladders, stuff like that.
He's asking if it's just left-to-right running or if it'll have a map and exploration and stuff.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
More stuff popping up on Xbox.com

(Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB) Spelunky is a unique platformer with randomized levels that offer a new and challenging experience each time you play! Journey deep underground and explore fantastic places filled with monsters, traps, and treasure. Fully-destructible environments open up lots of strategies and make it a blast to master the game's many secrets. You can bring your friends along for 4-player cooperative multiplayer and fast-paced deathmatch in 48 different arenas!

banner.png

With a release date of "12/31/2799", so no near-release-date-leak there.

Dragon's Lair, one of the most beloved arcade games of all time can now be enjoyed from the comfort of your couch. This fully arcade authentic version includes all of the original scenes you've come to enjoy, and even full Kinect support so you can really show how well you wield Dirk's sword. Included with this ultimate edition are bonus Avatar items, Gamerpics and even a full watch feature to sit back and enjoy Don Bluth's stunning animation. In Dragon's Lair, you play the heroic Dirk the Daring, a valiant knight on a quest to rescue the fair princess from the clutches of an evil dragon! Find your way through the castle of a dark wizard, who has enchanted it with treacherous monsters and obstacles. Lead on adventurer. Your quest awaits!

Anyone know if this is a sale across all regions? I tried to purchase All Zombies Must Die online, which showed it is 400 points, but when I go to buy it, it says its 800 points. I'm in Australia. Cheers.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD

Lxmhi.jpg

If Capcom really wrestled the Jojo's license from Shueisha, then I pretty much guarantee that Niitsuma's next project is Shonen Jump vs Capcom.

S1kkZ

anomaly: warzone earth demo is up via search

just type warzone in the bing search and you should see the trial.

Misfits

Neo Member
a very big thank you to everyone who recommended hydro thunder hurricane. i've enjoyed it very much, should i buy the dlc as well?

i noticed as well that there's another sale for easter, is scarygirl good?

Gowans

anomaly: warzone earth demo is up via search

just type warzone in the bing search and you should see the trial.

Keep forgetting about Fri releases. It's not bad at all, reverse Tower Defence with lots of polish.

If it wasn't for what's coming up I would grab it.

Gowans

played the trial and really like it. but with all the stuff coming up, i will wait a bit.

Yeah it's a shame it didnt come out when it did on PC. One thing tho I'm gona buy those chep Easter points from the MS store to top up my top up.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I got Anomaly through the indie bundles, but never played more than a few levels. Is it actually fun? Didn't seem very involved when I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom