• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaspode_T

If 800 points are burning a hole in your wallet so badly it would be so easy to find 10 awesome 80 point games on XBLIG it is ridiculous...Aban Hawkins, Escape Goat, etc.

For XBLA - really need to hear genres before it is easy to recommend things...I would recommend just waiting for sales if you can wait.

You can see a list of "obscure gems" working backwards from http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410824&page=3

I bought 3 summer of arcade games and I had 1600 points added to my account this morning.

Interestingly, I also had 460 points added to my account a few weeks ago, and I assumed that was from the SoA deal.

I'm scrambling to spend them now, before it's too late. ;)

I ended up buying Spelunky, Mark of the Ninja, and Splatters. Got myself down to 100 points.

I wonder how soon Microsoft will correct it's mistake.

Sacred Citadel

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/Sacred-Citadel/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411236

banner.png

boxartlg.jpg

The once peaceful land of Ancaria is in grave danger. The evil Ashen empire has enslaved its population and is using the orc-like Grimmoc to wipe out the Seraphim, who swore to protect it. In order to defeat the empire you will have to prove yourself as a warrior by riding terrifying mounts, acquiring earth shattering skills and looting powerful weapons and valuable treasures. Grab your friends and join the resistance!

screenlg1.jpg

screenlg2.jpg

screenlg3.jpg

screenlg4.jpg

screenlg5.jpg

Sacred Citadel

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/Sacred-Citadel/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258411236

banner.png

boxartlg.jpg

The once peaceful land of Ancaria is in grave danger. The evil Ashen empire has enslaved its population and is using the orc-like Grimmoc to wipe out the Seraphim, who swore to protect it. In order to defeat the empire you will have to prove yourself as a warrior by riding terrifying mounts, acquiring earth shattering skills and looting powerful weapons and valuable treasures. Grab your friends and join the resistance!

screenlg1.jpg

screenlg2.jpg

screenlg3.jpg

screenlg4.jpg

screenlg5.jpg

Fuck! Looks fantastic!

This one is from the Ilomilo devs, could be good.

Bought.

I was literally about to ask the same thing about the file size limit?
Sure it was just a little over 2gb but 2.6gb is getting close to 3gb and maybe increases the chance of Strangers Wrath HD hitting xbla??

Don't know if it's similar for XBLA games, but for XBLIG the limit is for the packaged file which when extracted can be significantly larger. 0.68GB larger does seem a bit odd though.

Vert boil

Was the 2GB XBLA technical limit removed at some point then?

If it was they didn't tell us plebs about it. Maybe 2 gig is just a recommended maximum now. *shrug*

I used to try every demo but that's changed over the last year of so with the increase in file size. If I have no real interest in a game and it's over a gig I don't bother anymore. Not going to bother with Red Johnson and it would be the same for DD Neon if I wasn't getting it via PS+.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just realised that Retro City Rampage has been available for pre-order on the site (PC version) since at least the 20th of February, that's just under 7 months of sales and still no release date announced. I wonder how many people have paid for it half a year ago and are still waiting to know when it comes out? Seems ridiculous it would get delayed this long, either that or pretty shady that he'd be selling it for so long when it's not finished.

SickBoy

Microsoft seems really slow at updating their dash advertising. Last night all the previous week's sales were showing up for me...

A real weird game got added to Xbox.com

boxartlg.jpg

screenlg1.jpg

Looks interesting, but I suppose the thing that would concern me is that it could be just a fancy looking skin on top of what's basically Galcon (which is fun, but more as a time waster than a serious experience... at least in my book)

Regarding Double Dragon, I've got it free on PS+, but I don't know when I'll get around to it. My level of interest was pretty low to begin with. Free seems like an appropriate price for it.

AkuMifune

Banned
Red Johnson? Wasn't the first a steaming pile of mess on PSN? Is this any different? I see Noir, Adventure, and Puzzles, that's enough for me to give the demo a shot tonight.

Someone try it out for my amusement. Jesters!

Haha, i remember when they first put it at like 50MB.

Yeah, but the current 2GB limit was due to the partition of the 360, which would not allow single files larger than 2GB. Since all XBLA are packed into a single file, that was the problem.

Was the tech issue solved or simple now XBLA games have multiple files?

clear31

Just curious if anyone else that bought three or more Summer of Arcade titles got an extra boost in points? I noticed I had a bunch more points than expected and after checking my points history they added 400 points four times in a row today. I can only guess it's due to the Summer of Arcade promotion.

I immediately bought Mark of the Ninja before the points went away.

the same happened to me as well. I thought it was odd but I wasnt complaining

clear31

I bought 3 summer of arcade games and I had 1600 points added to my account this morning.

Interestingly, I also had 460 points added to my account a few weeks ago, and I assumed that was from the SoA deal.

I'm scrambling to spend them now, before it's too late. ;)

weird, i just checked again and I had 1600 points already added which i quickly spent on feeding frenzy 2 and mark of the ninja.

Now i logged in and see that I got an additional 460 randomly. I know its not xbox rewards either, so this is another glitch that worked out for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom