• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Cloud Storage Down?

Gowans

It should be up as long as live it up surely.

I have 2 360s to I just tend to save all my stuff there so I cna swap between living room and bedroom TV's.

I though it had a cache on the HD so you could pick a 'Latest' Offline Cloud save you didn't have access? I guess not.

madmook

Didn't even bother to try out this functionality. I'll stick to my handy-dandy usb flash drive for my saves and profile.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

I have 2 360s to I just tend to save all my stuff there so I cna swap between living room and bedroom TV's.

I though it had a cache on the HD so you could pick a 'Latest' Offline Cloud save you didn't have access? I guess not.

Ahh, yeah multiple X360s it would make sense

People have said before that it caches a copy of your cloud saves to your console but it NEVER did that to me, so I have no idea what voodoo magic people are talking about

It syncs something, but I've never understood how it works.

It caches to the console while you are playing a game and then moves that save to the cloud when you are done playing.

To do both I think you'd have to copy it to your hard drive each time.

kuYuri

I can access cloud saves when I check storage on the dashboard, but in-game, it won't let me use it. Luckily, I keep backups of my saves on a flash drive.

U2NUMB

People have said before that it caches a copy of your cloud saves to your console but it NEVER did that to me, so I have no idea what voodoo magic people are talking about

There is certainly a copy on your console. It is not placed in the normal saves area though. Might be under utilities or something like that (not at home to check) but you can see where it is stored but you can not dig through the saves as you would in the normal save structure. It is just a block of data that it syncs with .

KageMaru

I thought you could just copy your saves to the cloud and didn't have to actually move them there. This way you could have your saves on the HDD and cloud, or does it not work that way? I only backed up Skyrim and AFAIK, the save is still on my HDD.

Edit:

That's exactly what it does. It sets aside 512MB of memory on your HDD, anything moved to the cloud is actually stored in this chunk of reserved memory and that chunk is the only part that syncs with the cloud storage.

Assuming that your latest save game was made from that console, when cloud storage goes down, just go to Settings -> System -> Storage and move your saved games from cloud storage to hard drive. Once cloud storage is back up, just move it back into cloud storage.

As others have said, there's 512mb cache on each console (shared between all profiles on that console, and it's separate from the 512mb of personal cloud storage). That stores your latest saves, which is why when cloud storage is down, you just have to move it from the cache.

Top Bottom