• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown Sale starting December 22 - "Biggest sale ever"

The slight drop in price was all I needed to jump on Fallout 4. So far this sale, I've got F4 and Lego Star Wars TCS. Though there wasn't much I was looking for. Not a bad sale, and I think we still have one more round of weekly deals for next week. I definitely bought more games last year during the sale though.

Also, at that price, Alien: Isolation is a must buy. My 2014 game of the year.

Is Shovel Knight a good deal? wanted to get it on xbox due to Battletoads being in it.

I also am a bit confused why D4 didnt have a sale at all.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
PAYDAY 2: CRIMEWAVE EDITION - $29.99 - 40% off

Whatever you do, avoid this game like the plague.
I hate to agree, but it's true. I absolutely love Payday 2, but Overkill treats their console fans like complete garbage. The XB1 version's matchmaking was only fixed a about a month or so ago and the game came out in June. Not to mention even at the time of release it wasn't the complete edition as advertised. To this day we haven't gotten any of the promised post launch content, including Jacket which was supposed to be released for free.

SlickVic

I loved Saints Row 3 and 4, but the "remaster" for Xbox One and PS4 is a travesty. It doesn't really look any better, yet it stutters like crazy to the point where it significantly harms gameplay. And Gat out of Hell was close to good, but it has even worse performance issues which make it awful.

Unsurprisingly those were High Voltage Studios joints. Definitely a warning sign now whenever those guys are involved.

jamsy

storafötter;190627734 said:
I also am a bit confused why D4 didnt have a sale at all.
Yup, I've been waiting for this game to be on sale for months (having gotten an Xbox One after it was free with Gold)....hoping it will be one of the daily deals this week.

Syrus

Banned
Man.....MGS for 40 or no? I have alot of other gamez to play.

Syndicate I heard is good but for 48 I can wait til next year lol

Week 2 delivered.

Picking up Alien Isolation Complete, LiS, Broken Sword 5, Octodad, and The Bridge. The rest of the dailies will most likely suck, but I'm very happy with this haul.

steveovig

Is Alien Isolation difficult? I love the movies and I've been interested in this for a bit but I'm afraid it's too hard. That price is very tempting.

Is Alien Isolation difficult? I love the movies and I've been interested in this for a bit but I'm afraid it's too hard. That price is very tempting.

Unless it was patched, there is some very horrible checkpointing in the game. In some sections it is possible to lose 15-20 minutes progress after a death. That annoyed me greatly at the time.

Deception

It can be very challenging. A lot of puzzles can be hard to figure out and the Alien AI can be very frustrating but it is very fun and tense.

krang

Elite...bought! Wasn't Brazil prices, but it was pretty convenient.

Tempted by Alien. It looks great and I'm a big fan of the films, but I'm a fucking whuss with scares in games - any thoughts from those who have played it?

speedomodel

Elite...bought! Wasn't Brazil prices, but it was pretty convenient.

Tempted by Alien. It looks great and I'm a big fan of the films, but I'm a fucking whuss with scares in games - any thoughts from those who have played it?

As someone who is a sissy with scary games generally, I grabbed it earlier this year on sale and played it on the easiest difficulty. Makes it a lot more enjoyable. I'd say go for it!

krang

As someone who is a sissy with scary games generally, I grabbed it earlier this year on sale and played it on the easiest difficulty. Makes it a lot more enjoyable. I'd say go for it!

Great, thanks. Also, what's the difference between the standard and "the collection" versions?

Edit: nevermind, I was being lazy. Just looked.

iiicon

So how do those DMC games run on Xbox? Ideally I'd get them on Steam but I don't think DmC received the update the console versions got.

I agree with speedomodel. I'm a big fan of the Alien franchise, and both fascinated and terrified of the xenomorph. After 2 hours playing, I dropped the difficulty down a bit - more due to how tense I was, then how difficult the game is. I really enjoyed the game (2014 GOTY), though I did have to take a break after a few of the more tense situations. The cleverness, awareness, and senses (overall AI) of the Xeno scale with the difficulty setting.

dLMN8R

Gears is 30$$??? Thats terrible. Ill buy next year for 20 or less.

Will buy Alien for 10.

Not sure what else...

$30 right now also includes Gears 1-3 + Judgment for back compat. So if you don't already own those games, $20 next year would be a far worse deal than $30 right now.

Syrus

Banned
$30 right now also includes Gears 1-3 + Judgment for back compat. So if you don't already own those games, $20 next year would be a far worse deal than $30 right now.

Own all but gears 2 from GWG. I just want the updated game.

Im 95% digital too

steveovig

I didn't know Alien had difficulty settings. Might be re-thinking this one. Is the Collection stuff worth the extra $2.50? I don't like Multiplayer much and I don't like Hoard modes.

Westraid

I'll pick up Life is Strange for the 360. I forgot to get the XBO version when it was on sale a couple of weeks ago, so I'm really glad to get a 2nd chance to play this for a reduced price.

Top Bottom