• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Countdown to 2013 sale [begins Dec 18th]

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping for 50% off on the Borderlands 2 season pass. I actually already have the Torgue campaign due to a generous Gaffer, so I may give this one a pass if it's not discounted deep enough.

Nope, never managed to download it

sorry to hear that. are in you in a pal region by any chance? if you are, I could send you my disc copy as it's no longer of use to me thanks to this sale. let me know if that's something you'd want to do. :)

you got a fucking problem? douche. Please waste your money if you must.

calm down, did you look into wood whittling like I suggested?

I'm hoping for 50% off on the Borderlands 2 season pass. I actually already have the Torgue campaign due to a generous Gaffer, so I may give this one a pass if it's not discounted deep enough.

33% off. not confirmed or anything, just a gut feeling.

meppi

Halo Wars.

So yes, annual since 2007.

I actually left that out on purpose since it's not a mainline game. But looking at the responses, I could just as well left it in. ;)
Anyway, I don't see any problem with getting an annual game in the franchise. Each game has been different enough from one another that I don't care about people trying to imply it's being milked.
ODST had a very different and ver thick atmosphere for instance and that certainly was good enough for me.

Seanspeed

Banned
Its ridiculous how some people cannot grasp the concept that things are worth different things to different people. 'Value' is in the eye of the beholder.

Eusis

Halo Wars.

So yes, annual since 2007.

ODST was a Halo game. Reach was a Halo game. CEA was a Halo game.

As random, rude, and off-topic as Unregistered007 is, he's right.
That's annual like Mario is (probably) annual, not like how CoD, Assassin's Creed, or Madden are annual. New main event games every year in the established gameplay style, versus spinoffs/remakes/whatever in the spaces between main event games. So we'd only have Halo 3 ODST (may not be full on the muliplayer front, but it's a full single player game with a new MP mode at least), Halo Reach, and Halo 4.

Of course, this is getting increasingly pedantic. Bigger point is that if people feel it's worth spending their money on then it's worth it, even someone can justify Big Rigs to themselves. I'm not interested enough in them to spend more than $30, maybe $40 now unless there's something really big and compelling happening, but still.

Cheddahz

Banned
sorry to hear that. are in you in a pal region by any chance? if you are, I could send you my disc copy as it's no longer of use to me thanks to this sale. let me know if that's something you'd want to do. :)

Aww, while the offer is nice, I'm not in a PAL region :( thanks though

DmAc2k6

Nope, never managed to download it
Just curious. Did you delete the Bully game file from your HDD storage before trying again? It should show up at the very bottom (and not in alphabetical order) with a picture of an exclamation point next to it. I couldn't download it at first either. After I did that, it downloaded perfectly.

Cheddahz

Banned
Just curious. Did you delete the Bully game file from your HDD storage before trying again? It should show up at the very bottom (and not in alphabetical order) with a picture of an exclamation point next to it. I couldn't download it at first either. After I did that, it downloaded perfectly.

I tried this and got no success

LosDaddie

Banned
I have 1610 MS points left from the BF deals. I hope it's enough for the rest of TWD eps.

I actually left that out on purpose since it's not a mainline game. But looking at the responses, I could just as well left it in. ;)
Anyway, I don't see any problem with getting an annual game in the franchise. Each game has been different enough from one another that I don't care about people trying to imply it's being milked.
ODST had a very different and ver thick atmosphere for instance and that certainly was good enough for me.

The way I see it is that, yes, Halo CEA was a 'new' Halo game last year...for single player. The MP was just another map pack for Halo Reach. ODST's MP was just co-op Firefight. Meaning...Halo 4 is the third proper Halo entry this gen.

So The Walking Dead is basically guaranteed to be 250 pts each right?

Episode 1 - free
Episode 2 through 5 - 250pts/each

Total for all 5 episodes: 1000 x 1.25 = $12.50 for the whole season

This is basically the "standard" sale price for this game whenever it does go on sale.

So The Walking Dead is basically guaranteed to be 250 pts each right?

Episode 1 - free
Episode 2 through 5 - 250pts/each

Total for all 5 episodes: 1000 x 1.25 = $12.50 for the whole season

This is basically the "standard" sale price for this game whenever it does go on sale.

My money was on 240pts an episode, but pretty much everything has been half price so far so 200 could be a decent shout.

TBH, I still expect 240pts each which'd be 960pts, which is probably under £7 in the UK depending on what you pay for points. That's the beauty of points, really, you'll never have to pay that "RRP" of $12.50 above for something that costs $12.50

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
What is it down from, 2400?

Yep. 600pt saving. I thought they were gonna 50% off it...

Edit: Hmm, that's $22.50, exact same as the cheapest steamprices.com has seen it. Oh, well.

Edit again: So if the discounts are roughly the same, TWD is currently $12.50 on Steam, 4 episodes on XBLA @ 240pt each for total $12 is my guess...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Card Boy

Banned
Borderlands 2 DLC will most likely go half price once all of the pieces are out, hold for now I say.

So basically wait year to save yourself $5? Not sure if its worth it depriving yourself (not you specifically) of fun to save jack schmidt.

I took the same stance when getting Shadow Complex at 800 points and people where skipping over $2.50 because it wasn't 600MSP.

So basically wait year to save yourself $5? Not sure if its worth it depriving yourself (not you specifically) of fun to save jack schmidt.

I took the same stance when getting Shadow Complex at 800 points and people where skipping over $2.50 because it wasn't 600MSP.

Makes me wanna go ahead with this deal. I have 200 points left over, so I would need only to spend $20 (1600msp) to get this.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

I already have the Torgue expansion from a Facebook thing, and I'm in no rush to play the game, plenty of other backlog items.

While I play about 8 other games right now, yeah. I already beat the game twice in co op. borderlands 1 stuff always going on sale doesn't help them much either.

Daigoro

Borderlands 2 still too expensive as i expected. man, i may actually buy nothing from this damn sale.

maybe Bully...? Nut & Bolts will have to be really cheap for me to bite. not much else im interested in either. too bad, got over 2100 pts just sitting around.

Borderlands 2 still too expensive as i expected. man, i may actually buy nothing from this damn sale.

maybe Bully...? Nut & Bolts will have to be really cheap for me to bite. not much else im interested in either. too bad, got over 2100 pts just sitting around.

33% off nuts and bolts.

bully is really good and the current price is probably the cheapest you will find it. the disc release is still pretty expensive.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How much does it cost to get all the Borderlands DLC individually? I'm just wondering how much of a savings the season pass is right now.

How much does it cost to get all the Borderlands DLC individually? I'm just wondering how much of a savings the season pass is right now.

Actual Season Pass was for 4 DLCs which cost 800 MS points a piece.

So Total 4 x 800 = 3200, Season Pass normally sells for 2400.

On Sale Season pass is 1800 which is pretty decent.

DLC goes on sale for 50% off.

So when all the DLC goes on sale together is normally when people stop giving a rats ass about the game. The DLC may individually go on sale.

so in the long run you are spending 200 more on the 4 DLC (when they are 50% off).

Top Bottom