• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live: Fall 2011 Dashboard update preview

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
wwm0nkey said:
If you did not get an email just click here and if you can see it then you are in.

Wat?

I can see it but it says
"Thank you for your interest in the Xbox LIVE Update Program!

Public Preview Program: We are sorry, but at this time we are no longer accepting registrations for the Public Preview Program as we have reached our target audience volume.

Please be on the lookout via Major Nelson for future opportunities to participate in Xbox LIVE Update Programs.

Internal Beta Program: We are no longer actively accepting registrations for the Fall 2011 Beta Program (Microsoft Internal Only). If you've reached this page and you are a registered member please make sure you are signed in with the Windows Live ID you have registered with us for this program. "

Dug

Banned
Yay, I'm in! Even though I think it was rather hard not to get in....well unless you were very busy and didn't hear about it until a day later.

ACH1LL3US

Im in too and I dont have kinect, heh :p Very excited to see and use this new dash, it will be like getting a new console :eek:

I am 'In'! I am so glad too since I was worried I wouldn't be due to it being sooo hard to sign up for. So now we play the waiting game. I say by this Friday we will enter in our information and by the end of next week the update will be pushed out.

alr1ghtstart said:
kZLcp.png

There is only 1 true advertisement in that pic.

Update:

Next Steps - as of 10/17/2011

Last week we registered everyone into the Connect Site to get you "onboarded" to the program, but there are still several steps to go to get you fully up and running and we will be communicating that to you over the next week or so.

We still need to do the administrative work to get your GamerTag registered to the Private Forums and of course provide you with the instructions on how to register your Console(s). Those details are coming out very soon, until then, know that you are "IN" for the Fall 2011 Xbox LIVE Update Preview program and we are ecstatic to have you on board

Has anybody received anything in their email yet?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
No email, but the Connect site says I'm in. Woo.

Although I've been in every MS test aside from one, and was in the Kinect beta.

Excited for the new dash.

Looks like I am in. I haven't received the email yet but I was able to access the link posted above with my microsoft connect account. Good times. Can't wait to dink around with the new kinect enabled dash.

Apath

The Albatross said:
The NXE Was horribly designed, but initially well received. It will be good to have a more functioning XBL dash than the NXE trash we've had to suffer through for 2 years.
It proved to be very functional and adequate for basic tasks. Once you really needed to find something or delved deep into it is when its flaws came out and shined like a shit brick. I've been using Omnino 2 (Rainmeter) for a long time, which is essentially the metro UI. I love it, so I'm not too worried.

Theonik

Apparently I'm also part of the "exclusive" club. So do we have any indication of when we may download this?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
For a little while I thought I was going to be the only person not in.

Turns out I just signed in with the wrong email.

watership

Kenak said:
It proved to be very functional and adequate for basic tasks. Once you really needed to find something or delved deep into it is when its flaws came out and shined like a shit brick. I've been using Omnino 2 (Rainmeter) for a long time, which is essentially the metro UI. I love it, so I'm not too worried.

I'm don't think i've run into any situation when I was lost or having problems finding something on NXE 2.0. The first release had some oddness to it though.

Vormund

Yeah haven't got an email but I'm in.

Looks like they are going to use our GT's for the private forums, mines the same as my GAF name.

iavi

watership said:
I'm don't think i've run into any situation when I was lost or having problems finding something on NXE 2.0. The first release had some oddness to it though.

Even in its 2.0 update, I've had issues with it being incredibly sluggish--loading xbla games etc...etc... I don't have a slim, so that just may be part of the issue, but I'm hoping this new update fixes that still.

Elginer

I'm in, hooray!!!! Now gimme some cool Kinect features like having my Xbox say "acknowledged" whenever I give it a command. Also have it ask me if I want the weather in a sexy lady voice.

watership

One thing i'm concerned about with the update is that they were a little vague about the breath of voice commands. Like each section your in would be limited to certain commands. You couldn't just say "Xbox start Netflix" anywhere in the dash. I hope that they open things up and let you do stuff like that.

Top Bottom