• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live: Fall 2011 Dashboard update preview

iavi

watership said:
There were a little vague about the breath of voice commands. Like each section your in would be limited to certain commands. You couldn't just say "Xbox start Netflix" anywhere in the dash. I hope that they open things up and let you do stuff like that.

Even better, you can search by film/show, and it'll show you all of your available methods of watching: Hulu+/HBOgo/Netflix, and so on.

The Bing integration is what I'm fucking hyped about most myself.

Elginer said:
I'm in, hooray!!!! Now gimme some cool Kinect features like having my Xbox say "acknowledged" whenever I give it a command. Also have it ask me if I want the weather in a sexy lady voice.

Did you get an email that said you were in?

When I login into connect I get this.

"Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program. As a valued member of the program, we're excited to have you here and look forward to your active involvement in this installment of the Xbox Preview Program."

iavi

soulassssns said:
Did you get an email that said you were in?

When I login into connect I get this.

"Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program. As a valued member of the program, we're excited to have you here and look forward to your active involvement in this installment of the Xbox Preview Program."

No emails, yet. If you're in, you'll see a 'Next Steps' tab under announcements stating specifically that you're in.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw a new update on the site regarding fake emails.

It has come to our attention that some of our Public Preview participants are receiving erroneous e-mail information, not sent from the program, instructing them to click on a link to take the next steps to register their console. This is FALSE information and users should not follow any e-mail instructions. All of our instructions for the program will be hosted on this portal available only to those that are registered into the program.

ACTION: Please delete any e-mails you've received that give you instructions on next steps as they are not from the program and could render your registration in a declined state.

For those impacted, we are working to address the situation as quickly as possible and get them reinstated into the program.

I knew some people would try this.

Caddle said:
Am in baby, now let's pay microsoft back by playing some forza 4. Gamer tag str8buzykltty.

Slightly OT, but I hope you didn't think we were being mean in the Forza 4 race last night. I think your Kinect was on and it was blaring music/talking into the whole room so Jube had to kick you because it was seriously deafening.

On Topic: I have been in almost all of these and I know it doesn't mean anything but I dig being able check out all this stuff before my friends. Plus I really dig the new Metro UI and I am curious how well the actual Kinect stuff will work.

ACH1LL3US

They will be taking Console ID's starting next week. I'd imagine the week of COD is when the beta will be out, but we will see.

Dabanton

Blackvette94 said:
They will be taking Console ID's starting next week. I'd imagine the week of COD is when the beta will be out, but we will see.

Yeah i was just thinking that, perfect time to launch it.

surly

Banned
If you signed up for this and got in, you can register your console(s) now. You have to log into the Connect site and generate a code which you then enter into your 360 and it downloads a small app that registers the console. The article on the Connect site says that it takes 3-5 days for the registration to take effect and then your system will be ready to receive the dashboard update.

Top Bottom