• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LIVE Indie Games - APRIL 2012 (We are all fools)

Hey, I have lurked this thread a lot as I like finding hidden gems in the XBLIG section, I have got games like Little Racers Street, Blocks That Matter and Dead Pixel looking at this thread and they were all awesome :) I was just wondering if there are any good online co-op games on the service? Me and my friend want to find a cheap co-op game to waste our time with :)

Ranger X

Coming into this thread and saying you don't own Apple Jack is like going in to an Arsenal match singing Tottenham songs.

FROWNED UPON.

You really should buy it.

Yeah, it slipped through the cracks, I got the trial since a long time. I'm gonna go through a shopping spree this summer when I'll get a damn new job. Apple Jack games included.

Also just to contribute to the thread, Zebra Games have announced a competition of their XBLIG.

We here at Zebra Games released Drive Fast Think Faster on Friday. The game is selling pretty well, however the online leaderboard is full of fail! Only a few people have even gotten close to completing it. Let's face it, we think we overcooked the difficulty.

However, we think there must be people out there looking for a challenge! If that's you and you can be the first to appear on our leaderboards having completed the whole game including "The Final Challenge" then you could win an awesome* prize.

Once you hit 8 levels completed on the scoreboard then just email ideserveamedal@zebragames.co.uk to claim your prize, and be the envy of all your friends**.

I will trial this game and see if it is worth the effort and my £1

OnPoint

My co-Extra Guy'er Wayne (who really needs to get an account here) really liked Septipus

Septipus ends up being a bit shorter than I would have liked but due to the quality of the overall game, the enjoyable humor, and the low price it’s more than worth the dollar admission.

OnPoint

Yeah, it seems that way. I liked the demo OK.

I guess the full game is only like 30 minutes long... I should probably give it a go.

Gaspode_T

The new "cover tile" thing for indie games is Solar 2, interesting for them to pick a 400 pt game, maybe they saw that even Flight Adventure 2 sales rocketed up (it's 240 pts)

The Kotaku's Favorites were also updated and contain some pretty nice picks...

Overall, I think about 2 years ago and the Top Downloaded list was full of complete and utter crap. Now when I look at Top Downloads, maybe the top 100 is actually full of pretty decent games. I think it's a huge turnaround and kind of sad that more journalists don't pick up on the subtle fact that the marketplace has had a huge increase in quality and ease of finding high quality cheap games.

Trumpets

DaveVoyles said:
Wow, Apple Jack 2 does look great. Combines quite a few platforming elements, like the reverse of time, and picking up enemies over your head (Mario 2).

Thanks! The time rewind stuff works more like it does in a racing game than in something like Braid - it's purely for making the game less frustrating, not puzzles.

Hey, I have lurked this thread a lot as I like finding hidden gems in the XBLIG section, I have got games like Little Racers Street, Blocks That Matter and Dead Pixel looking at this thread and they were all awesome :) I was just wondering if there are any good online co-op games on the service? Me and my friend want to find a cheap co-op game to waste our time with :)

The multiplayer options on XBLIG are somewhat limited, but I know that people still play ZP2KX and the developers (Ska Stuidos) still hop on and play each week too.

Chu's Dynasty might be another option. It's a beautiful Super Smash Bros type, and was part of the Winter Uprising.

I know there has got to be more, but those two always roll off my tongue first.

Trumpets

toythatkills said:
Is there any punishment for using it? Like points deducted or anything?

It cancels any combo you were building up, and takes 6 seconds to recharge after use. Depending on the difficulty setting it's either unlimited, available once per checkpoint (normal difficulty), or not at all.

qupe1975

Neo Member
The multiplayer options on XBLIG are somewhat limited, but I know that people still play ZP2KX and the developers (Ska Stuidos) still hop on and play each week too.

Chu's Dynasty might be another option. It's a beautiful Super Smash Bros type, and was part of the Winter Uprising.

Take Arms is multi-player and Hidden in Plain sight is a game people rave about.

Take Arms is multi-player and Hidden in Plain sight is a game people rave about.

Cheers! Shall have a look later :)

glad to see this thread is still going! apple jack 2 and boot hill heroes both look great! i wonder if the xblig marketplace is going to soon feel over-saturated with 16-bit-esque rpg's though. either way, i wish the devs the best of luck!

also, it's been interesting to see how well flight adventure 2 has done since becoming the highlighted indie game on the dash.

Gaspode_T

Tried Flight Adventure, it is more accessible than most flight sims, if it had something like simulated IFR instead of just VFR it might feel more like a sim...graphics were nice, game begs for an online mode

Tried Flight Adventure, it is more accessible than most flight sims, if it had something like simulated IFR instead of just VFR it might feel more like a sim...graphics were nice, game begs for an online mode

The fact that you know what VFR and IFR tell me that you must also be a pilot.

Great to meet another one on here! MS Flight is a bit too hardcore for most, but this would probably fall in line with gamers looking for more of an arcade feel.

Top Bottom