• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE Releases & Updates | February 2014 | Don't call it a Drought

Redshirt

Banned
I'm sure it's coming for Xbox.com. I'm surprised it's not done yet. It makes me think there is an issue on the Xbox side of things rather than the website.

Gowans

Nice thread, loved the OP, subscribed.

It might be worth posting the DLC and Content Patches/Updates to games like Killer Instincts new characters too.

Shame PvZ GW wasn't on it's original date the week before, that then Thief would have been great.

Project Spark Beta hitting One this month?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Not sure if it belongs here, but they updated the Blu-Ray player app, and that apparently fixed the lip-sync issues that I (and many/all others) had with 24p playback.

Looking forward to hearing more about Titanfall beta on Xbox One, would love to give it a whirl for the first time. Either way, undeniably a day-one buy for me on release date :)

Also considering Thief as one of my February purchases. I haven't played the earlier games, but since I enjoyed Dishonored last year I figure it's probably worth a shot.

The Flash

Banned
Not sure if this is the best place to post this and I don't think it's really thread worthy but some folks on the XB1 subreddit are trying to make a statement to Phil Spencer on Twitter with this:

yOePtiW.jpg

Full size

Rare has done a lot so far to make Kinect an interesting gaming device. The Kinect Sports franchise is probably the best experience you can get with Kinect - and KSR seems to become no exception. We understand that. However, on Twitter, Phil keeps pointing out how happy he is about the rebirth of Killer Instinct. And so are we. The top-lists that are available on Xbox One marketplace indicate that the game is not only much-loved by the players, it also seems to sell pretty well. Killer Instinct is the perfect example that well-made reboots and/or reimaginations will pay out. Rare deserves some more love. Let them please their fans. Your fans.

rezn0r

has Crimson Dragon always been only $19.99? either way thanks for the heads up, going to grab that tonight

Nice user name.
Hope we get info on it soon. And hopefully it isn't some Game stop exclusive.

What you mean info? Its next Fri the 14th.

edit: Vince just tweeted right now

Vince Zampella ‏@VinceZampella 1m
Waiting for things to be approved before we can announce any more details. Should be soon...

malfcn

What you mean info? Its next Fri the 14th.

edit: Vince just tweeted right now

Vince Zampella ‏@VinceZampella 1m
Waiting for things to be approved before we can announce any more details. Should be soon...

I don't see any confirmation that it is next Friday the 14th, but that seems to be the day.
Good to see it won't be restricted to pre-order or anything like that. Full blown Beta on Xbox One would probably suck quite a few people into the game.

styl3s

This probably isn't the right place but i can't find a X1 official thread and i just got a X1 the other day and for the life of me i cannot figure out how to see how long i have left on my XBL gold.. I have been going through this UI nightmare on the X1 and the website and i just cant fucking find this information and it's driving me insane.

Lima

This probably isn't the right place but i can't find a X1 official thread and i just got a X1 the other day and for the life of me i cannot figure out how to see how long i have left on my XBL gold.. I have been going through this UI nightmare on the X1 and the website and i just cant fucking find this information and it's driving me insane.

Settings -> Subscriptions.

That's on Xbox One. Not that hard to find.

styl3s

Settings -> Subscriptions.

That's on Xbox One. Not that hard to find.
That literally shows me nothing. It's just a black screen that says "Want to learn more about blah blah?" and when i click it, it tells me about gold then gives me an option to buy.

I know i have gold because i can play online and send msgs and i added even more time to my already gold sub with the numerous 3,7 and 14 day trial cards i got from buying the X1 and a bunch of games.

malfcn

My console isn't on right now so I can't walk you through ti. But you can always go to xbox.com or billing.microsoft.com and check out the subs there.

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
That literally shows me nothing. It's just a black screen that says "Want to learn more about blah blah?" and when i click it, it tells me about gold then gives me an option to buy.

I know i have gold because i can play online and send msgs and i added even more time to my already gold sub with the numerous 3,7 and 14 day trial cards i got from buying the X1 and a bunch of games.

I've just took a look at that screen on mine and it tells me that I used a prepaid card and when it expires.

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Subscriptions/Manage

malfcn

I booted up to check.

Settings --> Subscriptions
Xbox Live Gold
Prepaid 12M Xbox LIVE Gold
Expires 5/3/2014

I would imagine things like the music pass would be here too.

Thank you.

For some reason that section on the console doesn't want to show me anything and it was getting extremely frustrating.

I can only imagine. The UI is completely unintuitive and generally just a pain in the arse.

I booted up to check.

Xbox Live Gold
Prepaid 12M Xbox LIVE Gold
Expires 5/3/2014

I would imagine things like the music pass would be here too.

I had no idea you could do this...yet another marvellous example of how poorly laid out the UI is.

malfcn

I had no idea you could do this...yet another marvellous example of how poorly laid out the UI is.

Made sense to me. Subscriptions under subscriptions makes sense.

It is almost the same on the Xbox 360.
Settings --> Account --> Your Memberships

And on the Xbox One

What part about that is poorly laid out?

B4D1E

Thanks for the info. I still haven't checked those out. It will the perfect opportunity this evening.

Broman1978

Does anyone know this?
I live in Sweden and bought an import Xbox One at my local Gamestop (Irish version) and have my location set to USA (cheap games)
If I change my location to Sweden when the Xbox One is eventually released here I have understand that I cannot play my games I bought on US Marketplace but will I still be able to use my gamesaves?

Montresor

Does anyone know this?
I live in Sweden and bought an import Xbox One at my local Gamestop (Irish version) and have my location set to USA (cheap games)
If I change my location to Sweden when the Xbox One is eventually released here I have understand that I cannot play my games I bought on US Marketplace but will I still be able to use my gamesaves?

For the bolded: Aren't XB1 games 100% region-free? You should still be able to play those games, as far as I know.

And if that is true, it would follow that you could use your game saves as well.

Broman1978

For the bolded: Aren't XB1 games 100% region-free? You should still be able to play those games, as far as I know.

And if that is true, it would follow that you could use your game saves as well.

Gamestop told me that the games I bought on a US location wont work when I change to Sweden later..Seems kinda stupid if you ask me?! Maybe they confuse location with accounts? I dont know...

Top Bottom