• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE Releases & Updates | February 2014 | Don't call it a Drought

Does Rayman Legends have couch co-op like Rayman Origins did? Thinking about taking advantage of the $10 off on Amazon for a new controller.

malfcn

I think you missed a word in here somewhere as I'm not really following(?)

Edited, was on mobile and that reply got butchered. Basically it sort of feels like they're over it. Nobody knew the release date, it just happened to be out. I finished it and got about 3 hours by trying to complete and collect everything. Actually missed a few things too.

Ever since the xbox one or the real money replacing allards happened I can't even push a free download to my 360 without adding payment info, it's free! I never had to give them payment details for free stuff.

So stupid.

It is pretty frustrating. The website essentially requires a card now. And there is no way to use stored local currency either. That's how I got charges on my card, forgot and made a purchase.

World of Tanks is rather good so far, a much slower paced game then I was expecting, just be warned that after the initial 72mb download from xbox live you have to do a lot of in-game patching for all the maps and content to be added.

Effect

How has the free game offerings from Xbox Live Gold compared to PS+? About the same in terms of quality? Much older games? Also is it like PS+ where if you let your subscription lapse you lose access but then get access again if you resubscribe?

How has the free game offerings from Xbox Live Gold compared to PS+? About the same in terms of quality? Much older games? Also is it like PS+ where if you let your subscription lapse you lose access but then get access again if you resubscribe?

In terms of quality and quantity, just from what I've seen of the free games offered on PS+ (I'm not a subscriber), it seems that Games with Gold pales in comparison. With the exception of a few games (Sleeping Dogs, Dead Island, etc.), most of the free games have been years old. They're mostly great games (Gears of War, Halo 3), but if you've owned a 360 for more than a couple of years, you've probably played most of them (excluding some of the arcade titles which have been solid).

And to your second question, you own all the games you download when you have the service whether or not you let gold expire.

malfcn

Yes, four player. I'm looking forward to picking this one up as well to play with my wife and boys.

Hope couch Co-op stays around. Especially for games that can be really fun when friends and family are around. I can see AAA games dropping this feature, but some games really should have it.

malfcn

Last day to get Dead Island. Can we start the speculation for next month's games yet?

man, that february update did wonders for the my games and apps list

The update is pretty nice. The apps and game section does look so much better. Curious how many battery levels are in the indicator. And if they will have a more active indicator. The passive home indicator is appreciated.

Last day to get Dead Island. Can we start the speculation for next month's games yet?

The update is pretty nice. The apps and game section does look so much better. Curious how many battery levels are in the indicator. And if they will have a more active indicator. The passive home indicator is appreciated.

One thing I do miss is each game having it's own page set up like 360 has, including achievements etc.

bidguy

Banned
is the xbox one going to get a big fall update like the ones on the 360 ?
a bit too soon but did the 360 get one during the first year ?

malfcn

The Xbox One is setup to allow for smaller specific updates. In theory they can and should be able to update whenever they want. Well have to wait and see. Wonder how many 360 updates are left.

sangreal

They were asked this a few months ago -- the question was should we expect big seasonal updates like 360 or more frequent updates and the answer was 'yes' (ie, both)

malfcn

The biggest thing is the patches have to be rolled another way. I was able to get it no problem, but others sound like it's difficult.

malfcn

NEWEST FEATURES ON XBOX ONE

FRAG AND BRAG
Record and upload your wildest gameplay escapades with Upload Studio, then
kick back and watch all your favorite clips as a channel in Xbox OneGuide.

POWER PLAY
Check how much juice is left in your controller right from your home screen.

HAVE KEYBOARD,W WILL TRAVEL
No more hunt-and-peck with the controller -- plug in your USB keyboard to chat
and send messages with blazing speed.

IMPROVED PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY
Enjoy playing your favorite games, listing to music or watching your favorite
movie with new system enhancements for performance and reliability.

STREAMLINED CONTENT MANAGEMENT
Easily check your remaining storage space, manage your install lineup and
oversee your download queue.

From the Dashboard via Store.

malfcn

I found a problem with the patch.

If you download an add-on, and don't have the actual game installed, you cannot manage the content. As a test I re-downloaded the free Xmas skin from Ghosts. Can't uninstall it now. Store says installed, and content shows up nowhere under the games & apps section.

Prezhulio

Any news/tweets from major Nelson on where digital pre orders are on xbone marketplace? They really need to have parity with the MICROSOFT STORE having a $10 rebate for pre-ordering titanfall.

The Flash

Banned
Any news/tweets from major Nelson on where digital pre orders are on xbone marketplace? They really need to have parity with the MICROSOFT STORE having a $10 rebate for pre-ordering titanfall.

Nothing so far. Digital pre-ordering definitely needs to be added though. That and competitive prices.

Has it been questioned as to why the holy hell Rayman Legends is $20 higher than MSRP for a physical copy through the Xbox One Store? I was planning on buying it for $40, and upon loading it in the store it shows $60!? A tweet to Xbox Support was met with, "Publishers set the digital pricing of their titles." I have tweeted Ubi and Major Nelson in hopes of a response, but this is not the way to get digital sales at all. Tomb Raider at $40 at Amazon today and Rayman $40 EVERYWHERE but digital. FFS, I guess we will see what the game goes for on PSN to see if it is just MS being bullish on physical over digital.

Has it been questioned as to why the holy hell Rayman Legends is $20 higher than MSRP for a physical copy through the Xbox One Store? I was planning on buying it for $40, and upon loading it in the store it shows $60!? A tweet to Xbox Support was met with, "Publishers set the digital pricing of their titles." I have tweeted Ubi and Major Nelson in hopes of a response, but this is not the way to get digital sales at all. Tomb Raider at $40 at Amazon today and Rayman $40 EVERYWHERE but digital. FFS, I guess we will see what the game goes for on PSN to see if it is just MS being bullish on physical over digital.

Holy shit, it's really $60 on the digital platform? I actually can't find it on xbox.com at all.

I was planning on picking it up digitally when I got home but guess I'll stop at Gamestop on the way back now to make sure I get the discount. That's really ridiculous.

see5harp

Man they really need to get going on releasing games here. I'm excited for Strider but god where the fuck are the smaller games? At least get the games with gold stuff up on xbox one or give me some ports of 360 games.

bidguy

Banned
really looking forward to strider. will they add it at midnight US time ?

i mean they could add it now since its ready for a week now right ?

I'm hoping it's just an error and will be fixed

malfcn

Strider is supposed to be out tomorrow. Past cases suggest 2am/pac 5am/east but who knows. Releases have been whenever they flip the switch on Xbox One.

The digital pricing of Rayman is completely absurd though. Nobody should buy it for that price over physical.

EagleEyes

Well, I will say that I just checked my PS4 and Xbox One to see the price of Lego the Movie videogame and lo and behold it is $50 on PSN and $60 on XBL. SMH....

Xander51

I'm going through this exact same debate with Microsoft support right now. This is a weird thing.

In the case of the Lego game, it's actually supposed to be 60 dollars on next gen and the Sony store is giving people a digital price break.

malfcn

Until I see proof of the $20 back from $45 I am not getting my hopes up. So far nobody can produce evidence other than "go look here" - but people looking can't see it. Any why wouldn't Major, Support or Rewards be blasting out that information?

Strider is supposed to be out tomorrow. Past cases suggest 2am/pac 5am/east but who knows. Releases have been whenever they flip the switch on Xbox One.

The digital pricing of Rayman is completely absurd though. Nobody should buy it for that price over physical.

It's odd that Strider is releasing on PS today but not X1 until tomorrow, when it's been evident by people downloading it that it has been on the servers for over a week.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's odd that Strider is releasing on PS today but not X1 until tomorrow, when it's been evident by people downloading it that it has been on the servers for over a week.

Not odd, just the nature of PSN and XBL release times. PSN updates it's network on Tuesday, XBL updates on Wednesday, and sometimes Friday. Much like Nintendo has it's update day set to Thursday.

malfcn

Not odd, just the nature of PSN and XBL release times. PSN updates it's network on Tuesday, XBL updates on Wednesday, and sometimes Friday. Much like Nintendo has it's update day set to Thursday.

Stuff like this happened between PS3 and X360 before. One day exclusive?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Stuff like this happened between PS3 and X360 before. One day exclusive?

One could think of it that way, but that's just how the releases are. Owning systems from all 3 publishers, I love the fact that it gives me a day to enjoy a new release, before possibly having to buy another one the next day.

Much like how XBLIG can release whenever they wish, I do wonder if the ID@Xbox stuff will come at a variety of times...

Amneisac

Until I see proof of the $20 back from $45 I am not getting my hopes up. So far nobody can produce evidence other than "go look here" - but people looking can't see it. Any why wouldn't Major, Support or Rewards be blasting out that information?

It's $10, not $20 - and it's a 'gift code' not a cashback type thing:

lVBtJ3Y.jpg

OKAY - SO now people are saying that some are getting $5, some are getting $10 and some are getting $20. So this is apparently specific to different people?

I'm going through this exact same debate with Microsoft support right now. This is a weird thing.

In the case of the Lego game, it's actually supposed to be 60 dollars on next gen and the Sony store is giving people a digital price break.

Lego The Movie has been $50 for PS4/XB1 at my Target since release AFAIK

You're lucky then!

http://www.target.com/p/the-lego-movie-videogame-xbox-one/-/A-15029704#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=lego movie video game

Glad to hear that they're working on the Rayman price. Hope the fix goes live soon.

Online Target and Store Target are not the same beasts FYI :p. Game was ringing up as $50 to the few people I sold it to last week. Haven't seen it ring up this week as I haven't been on yet, but perhaps it was a sale since the movie was freshly out...then again I find it odd we would run a sale the first week of a game release.

Odd either way :p

Top Bottom