• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE Releases & Updates | February 2014 | Don't call it a Drought

Xander51

Online Target and Store Target are not the same beasts FYI :p. Game was ringing up as $50 to the few people I sold it to last week. Haven't seen it ring up this week as I haven't been on yet, but perhaps it was a sale since the movie was freshly out...then again I find it odd we would run a sale the first week of a game release.

Odd either way :p

Good to know! I've seen it for 60 bucks at other brick and mortar shops here too.

Hopefully when Strider goes live overnight, it's not priced at 90 dollars in a throwback to the Genesis days. :p

Redshirt

Banned
The $5/$10/$15/$20 promo still hasn't shown up on my XB1.

I wonder what criteria determines the discount offered. I know someone who doesn't buy digital and doesn't have Gold who got offered $15.

I'm getting Strider tomorrow for sure. If they offer me $20, I'll get Strider plus Rayman Legends.

B4D1E

I wonder what criteria determines the discount offered. I know someone who doesn't buy digital and doesn't have Gold who got offered $15.

I'm getting Strider tomorrow for sure. If they offer me $20, I'll get Strider plus Rayman Legends.

I wish I lived in the US to be eligible for all those kind of offers and discount. Here in Europe (particularly Belgium) we never get those kind of deals.

Redshirt

Banned
I thought on Xbox One everyone had access to the U.S. marketplace? If so, couldn't you take advantage of this offer?

Xander51

Good to see Rayman fixed! Downloading it now, though it's going realllly slow. Maybe the servers are getting hammered because everyone is suddenly excited for a new game.

Nori Chan

Gamerscore?

Redshirt

Banned
Ugh. So ever since MS fixed the Ryse sale price, I can't access Ryse (which I've owned since day one) except on my home console.

If I access it from another XB1, I get the dreaded "Do you own this game..." message. Anyone else notice this issue?

The Flash

Banned
Looking forward to Strider tomorrow. I've never played a Strider game before but Max's documentary on DH's development of the game has gotten me excited about it.

Edit: It's available now!

Off-topic:
has anyone been using a pc hooked up to the One's hdmi in port? whenever I do it the sound doesn't work and sometimes the image freezes.

For those who have Zoo Tycoon, there is a Chef Boyardee ad in the game app store page that you can watch for a free Sun Bear download. I also noticed they added another free animal download, a Mountain Bongo. I just grabbed them both.

Not some super amazing stuff, but two cool little things to download if you own the game. :)

edit:

The Bonnaroo app is also now available for download, where the live announcement event will be streamed starting tomorrow :)

For those who have Zoo Tycoon, there is a Chef Boyardee ad in the game app store page that you can watch for a free Sun Bear download. I also noticed they added another free animal download, a Mountain Bongo. I just grabbed them both.

Not some super amazing stuff, but two cool little things to download if you own the game. :)

Thanks for mentioning it, will grab them in a bit

Redshirt

Banned
Downloading Strider now. Still haven't seen the gift card promo on my dashboard.

Ugh. So ever since MS fixed the Ryse sale price, I can't access Ryse (which I've owned since day one) except on my home console.

If I access it from another XB1, I get the dreaded "Do you own this game..." message. Anyone else notice this issue?

This problem corrected itself.

E92 M3

Only had the $10 offer for the gift card =/ Also, will Strider not have a demo? Is that the precedent for Xbox One?

m23

Only had the $10 offer for the gift card =/ Also, will Strider not have a demo? Is that the precedent for Xbox One?

No more required demos unfortunately. I guess devs complained about it, I always liked trying out games before buying them.

No more required demos unfortunately. I guess devs complained about it, I always liked trying out games before buying them.

That would be alright, if there wasn't a Strider demo for PS4 on psn, at least Japan PSN.
Guess they wanted a demo out for Japanese PS4 launch.

Edit- have I read wrong and it's a ps3 demo??

malfcn

For a few games we can demo it on ps3 and xbox 360, then decide to pick it up on next gen. But that won't last or apply to all games.

Where is this sale tile supposed to be? I got nothing on my Xbox One.

E92 M3

Same here; I've bought many games due to trying demos. This will hurt them more than help, I think. Man, it's sad that the Xbox team made so many move backwards from what made the 360 great and separated it from the crowd.

Depending on the game, demos often take 3 to 4 weeks of dev time that could be used to polish the game instead (more with smaller teams). They require branched code, separate certification and separate qa. This is why many devs don't like them being required.

When I was a dev they frustrated me because I know the released game could have been better without the requirement.

Demos won't entirely disappear but I think you will see most of them hitting after release (how long after release you see a demo might give a good indication of how long they take).

EagleEyes

Same here; I've bought many games due to trying demos. This will hurt them more than help, I think. Man, it's sad that the Xbox team made so many move backwards from what made the 360 great and separated it from the crowd.
Agree completely. I'm a big Xbox fan and have been very disappointed with how Microsoft has handled this entire Xbox One situation. It just seems like they haven't had their act together for a few years now. Hopefully that was because of Mattrick and now that he is gone we can get some kind of consistency out of them.

I have 110K GS and I didn't get it either, I doubt it has anything to do with GS. They are probably offering it to people that haven't bought much digital content yet to entice them more. People who have bought a lot of content probably aren't seeing it since they know you will keep buying stuff. Just a hunch

Redshirt

Banned
They are probably offering it to people that haven't bought much digital content yet to entice them more. People who have bought a lot of content probably aren't seeing it since they know you will keep buying stuff. Just a hunch

I think so, too. Definitely a bummer.

E92 M3

Agree completely. I'm a big Xbox fan and have been very disappointed with how Microsoft has handled this entire Xbox One situation. It just seems like they haven't had their act together for a few years now. Hopefully that was because of Mattrick and now that he is gone we can get some kind of consistency out of them.

Yes, after Mattrick's departure it seems like they are trying to turn the boat around. Wish them the a lot of luck, because the 360 is one of my favorite consoles along with the Dreamcast 2...err Xbox 1.

malfcn

They are probably offering it to people that haven't bought much digital content yet to entice them more.
Maybe. But I don't feel like I've bought that much. Gears 2, 3, Judgment VIP. Mass Effect 2, 3 story DLC. Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Spartan Assault, Dead Rising 3 season.. Okay more than I thought, but still not alot compared to others.

malfcn

Xbox 360 02.20 Only
$29.99 | FIFA 14
$14.99 | Dead Island: Riptide
$09.89 | Skyrim
$04.99 | Left 4 Dead
$04.94 | Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
$04.99 | Darksiders
$01.04 | Bejeweled 3

T.O.P

Banned
Does anyone knows when does the Store updates?

i'm waiting for Rayman legends to show up on the EU X1 store cuz i need the game for tonight :/

Does anyone knows when does the Store updates?

i'm waiting for Rayman legends to show up on the EU X1 store cuz i need the game for tonight :/

If you *need* it for tonight and it isn't up on the X1 store by then, then just switch your region to the US and buy it there, you won't get in trouble.

Redshirt

Banned
Regarding the $5-$20 gift code with $45 in digital purchase, a guy on slickdeals.net was told by Xbox customer support that the dashboard offers were going out in waves and that he would receive something. Maybe there's hope.

Regarding the $5-$20 gift code with $45 in digital purchase, a guy on slickdeals.net was told by Xbox customer support that the dashboard offers were going out in waves and that he would receive something. Maybe there's hope.

Hope this is the case. I just bought Rayman last night and might pick up Garden Warfare if there's a good deal.

malfcn

Anyone have their Xbox lose their sign in password? Happened to me.

Nothing yet for me. Hopeful, but other than Strider and Max, I am not sure what I'd want. What are the qualifying games?

Top Bottom