• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE Releases & Updates | February 2014 | Don't call it a Drought

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Heads up that LoLCycle is now showing up at $10 on XB1. Appears to be a permanent price cut, rather than a sale.

Unlike the other sales (which had slashed the price on the on-console price page, with sale price sitting to the right) This one just says it's now $9.99. There's an ad for it on the system's game store, too, advertising the new price.

Murdered: Soul Suspect and Plants VS Zombies Garden Warfare also both have links on the store page to trailers for each of them.

malfcn

I only saw LocoCycle, but it always looked like a $10-15 game, not $20. Good to see it's dropped.
Crimson Dragon never got crossed out. So maybe they don't show the before/after prices.
We shall see soon enough.

sith ewok

Anyone having major issues with Live on One the last couple of days? Xbox.com says they are experiencing some issues with 360, but nothing for One. I can't access the store, load Netflix, see my update feed, access friends, etc... Been going on for about 12 hours for me.

Anyone having major issues with Live on One the last couple of days? Xbox.com says they are experiencing some issues with 360, but nothing for One. I can't access the store, load Netflix, see my update feed, access friends, etc... Been going on for about 12 hours for me.

On 360 my achievements never updated,i got robbed from several,not sure if that is part of the issue.

sangreal

Gamestop told me that the games I bought on a US location wont work when I change to Sweden later..Seems kinda stupid if you ask me?! Maybe they confuse location with accounts? I dont know...

While anything is subject to change I suppose, the console is currently 100% region free. You can change your account on a whim to purchase content any marketplace, and the content you purchase is signed for wolrdwide use. The Gamespot employee you talked to has no idea what they're talking about, as usual. Unlike on 360, regions are not defined by your account anyway, just whatever you set your region to in the settings.

sangreal

The drought is real for some of you folks to be considering Lococycle.

Well, KI and DR just had content updates but the only real dought-busting release lately was Tomb Raider: DE which does nothing for people who already played it, or people like myself that own a PS4 where the superior experience is. I'm not sure I would say we are in an XB1 drought, but it is certainly a little slow until we get to Titanfall

Krilekk

Banned
Re: Lococycle

Bought it today, surprisingly fun game so far. Much better than expected. Gamerscore seems to be pretty easy, got 110 points after fifteen minutes already.

hey guys, I was wondering if the Windows Store credit cards work in the XBOX store. I need to grab some US cards to buy Lego Marvel and I found some of these cards really cheap on ebay

biRdy

hey guys, I was wondering if the Windows Store credit cards work in the XBOX store. I need to grab some US cards to buy Lego Marvel and I found some of these cards really cheap on ebay

They do, all Microsoft Account credit works across Xbox, windows, and phone.

The drought is real for some of you folks to be considering Lococycle.

I'm not expecting a great game, but I rather liked what I've seen of it *shrugs*

If I listened to reviews (or internet opinions, for that matter), I would've missed some of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. I'm also a fan of Twisted Pixel, so for $10 it's an easy purchase.

def sim

I'm not expecting a great game, but I rather liked what I've seen of it *shrugs*

If I listened to reviews (or internet opinions, for that matter), I would've missed some of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. I'm also a fan of Twisted Pixel, so for $10 it's an easy purchase.

Discounted on Steam or as a games with gold title, I'll probably play the game some time within the next year. It's just that relative to other consoles and PC, I think there are much better ways to spend $10.

Don't let me stop any of you from giving Lococycle a go. I'm only making an observation!

PopfulMail

I paid the full $20 for Lococycle and don't have any regrets so I think $10 is a great price for it. It was a fun trip and I've always enjoyed Twisted Pixels humor. James Gunn, Tom Savini and Lloyd Kaufman having parts made me the pull the trigger and I loved it.

Also... Rayman Legends date has been bumped up to the 18th according to Amazon.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Peggle 2 or crimson dragon? :)

I'd vote Crimson. Peggle 2 might be a more polished experience in ways, but it's just so... lucky based at times. I love playing it casually, and I've had a good time trying to 100% challenges and all, but I never get that satisfaction of "Alright, things went just as I wanted them to!" in the game, like I would from a Tetris Attack or Bust a Move 2. For me, it's lacking that finely honed edge.

Crimson feels better as you play it, and I love some of it's stages. It's flight controls leave something to be desired in places, but I just had a lot more fun upgrading weapons, seeing dragon evolutions, chasing leaderboard scores, and figuring out the best mixes for S ranks. The Daily Login bonus and usability of friends Wingmen also were nice little incentives to keep on playing.

All that said, Peggle is cheaper by about 8 dollars, so if you could get Peggle 2 and something else you'd like for the same price as CD, you might enjoy that combo more. Shame you missed out on CD being on sale for $15 in the past 2 weeks or so!

I paid the full $20 for Lococycle and don't have any regrets so I think $10 is a great price for it. It was a fun trip and I've always enjoyed Twisted Pixels humor. James Gunn, Tom Savini and Lloyd Kaufman having parts made me the pull the trigger and I loved it.

It's really charming me in how odd it is. There's really nothing else like it, and I LOVE games that feel so much like the creators really got to make what they wanted. I'm enjoying it more than many of the artsy games I've purchased on PSN, which I think fall into the same category. While most of those feel like fairly constrained, reasonably pleasant experiences, Loco feels like a bunch of goofy guys got to put everything they thought was awesome into a game, and actually get away with releasing it, ha. It just hits that "gaming" side of things in a way that remind me of old arcade games. Not in it's refinement, but in the fact that it's perfectly happy with it's absurdity, and is happy to just have it as an excuse for fun.

PopfulMail

It's really charming me in how odd it is. There's really nothing else like it, and I LOVE games that feel so much like the creators really got to make what they wanted. I'm enjoying it more than many of the artsy games I've purchased on PSN, which I think fall into the same category. While most of those feel like fairly constrained, reasonably pleasant experiences, Loco feels like a bunch of goofy guys got to put everything they thought was awesome into a game, and actually get away with releasing it, ha. It just hits that "gaming" side of things in a way that remind me of old arcade games. Not in it's refinement, but in the fact that it's perfectly happy with it's absurdity, and is happy to just have it as an excuse for fun.

Agreed 100%. A buddy of mine told me to check it out because it reminded him of something you would have played on the SEGA CD back in the day. That was all I had to hear before I went and downloaded it.

bidguy

Banned
i cant buy anything from the us store it seems. im from germany with a german CC and it gives me an error everytime i try to purchase something from the store.

anyone got it to work the way im doing it ?

Banned
Double Helix/Capcom's Strider will be available to download in North America for $14.99 and across Europe on February 19th for €14.99/£11.99 on the Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360 and on Xbox One.

sangreal

When you delete a game demo/trial does it get deleted in the games and apps section or still there? Also what about apps trials?

still there :-/

MG&A is basically your download history. It's annoying since I have the full version of DR3 and the demo is stuck on there, but at least they go to the end of the list after deletion

have not tried (or heard of) any app trials

malfcn

I wonder if the system update will also include external moanagement.

Double Helix/Capcom's Strider will be available to download in North America for $14.99 and across Europe on February 19th for €14.99/£11.99 on the Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360 and on Xbox One.

Thanks for the info! And $15 sounds reasonable.

Just a heads up, there's a Forza 5 Honda Legends Car Pack currently free to download.

In-game credits or tokens are required to add these cars to your career garage.

Lima

I wonder if the system update will also include external management.

Would be super useless without it. There is nothing to do with that information otherwise. I don't need to know how much space I have left because unlike on the 360 I can't choose to not install a game and play it from disc. So I have to delete something if my box tells me the HDD is full either way and the current system is fine for that.

What I really hope for though is that they don't make saves user accessible and manageable (i.e. Allow to copy saves to USB) because that will lead to bad things.

malfcn

Currently when you uninstalll a game, does it remove DLC too? I haven't tried yet, but I'm curious about the current operation. After the patch there will likely be similar management options like the 360; specific files, cache clearing etc.

Nori Chan

Currently when you uninstalll a game, does it remove DLC too? I haven't tried yet, but I'm curious about the current operation. After the patch there will likely be similar management options like the 360; specific files, cache clearing etc.
It gives you an option if you would like to.

Montresor

Has there been a thread made about the new Murder Soul Suspect trailer that has appeared on the XB1 games marketplace?

The trailer is pretty awesome. It has members of the dev team saying stuff like "we want people to use their minds and be satisfied when solving a puzzle" and "we don't want people thinking where is my gun, or where is the first guy I can shoot".

This game looks like it will be LA Noire, minus the unnecessary open world. You play a murdered cop, and as a ghost, you try to solve your own murder.

edit: Nevermind, I found the thread: www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763217

Redshirt

Banned
It's strange how the release date for Fallen Angel got no promotion -- save the guy on the Xbox forums who kept saying it was Feb 11 lol.

The way these DR3 DLC are available on the Xbox One is inconvenient. I wonder why they don't make them more prominent like most of the other DLC.

malfcn

It's strange how the release date for Fallen Angel got no promotion -- save the guy on the Xbox forums who kept saying it was Feb 11 lol.

The way these DR3 DLC are available on the Xbox One is inconvenient. I wonder why they don't make them more prominent like most of the other DLC.

The whole "hey it's out now" attitude is a disappointment. They promoted the first one a bit. Maybe they feel like they finished it, so its over and done.

Top Bottom