• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Rewards Thread: Ready to Reap the Rewards?

RedAssedApe

Banned
snack said:
Wait... what?! They get taken back if you don't use them?

Yeah...for some reason points for some special promotions expire. It is really lame. I've lost something like 400pts that I got through Bing Rewards.

You can check for expiring pts by going to billing.microsoft.com

snack

So will promotional points always be used first? I have some points in my account that I bought through cards.

Greyvvolf

Gospel said:
So far I've only gotten like 160 points. I don't think I even got the points I was promised for activating Netflix
I didn't receive my points for activating Netflix either. I don't know how that was supposed to work. I had Netflix on my Xbox before I was a member of this program, maybe that's why I didn't get any points?

Also, how does the first purchase reward work? Is that for a person who just signed up for gold for the very first time and makes their very first purchase?

snack said:
So will promotional points always be used first? I have some points in my account that I bought through cards.

i'm fairly certain that promo points are always used "first". basically, the way they track expiration is they see if you've spent xx points before the expiration date. if xx is more than what you gained, then you don't lose any.

Frester

cjelly said:
I feel like its never picking up my Marketplace purchases. I'm sure I should be swimming in free points but I've got literally 200 since inception.

Same, I also couldn't figure out how to get credited for my Netflix account.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Matts Legacy said:
Agreed. The refer a friend is the best deal this month. I would hope some people here would share their tags if there going too renew their gold this month. And yea it was kinda weird not to see a true thread for it besides yours although I could see why when they don't really reward much lol still nice to have none the less.
Wait, I never though of that. I'm living off 1 month renewal cards that are already in the system. If somebody send me a "renewal" invite, do we both get the extra points, or it only works if I follow a link to purchase a one-three-twelve month code off the marketplace?

We could try that. Somebody send me a thing: Rain One

Edit:
Greyvvolf said:
I didn't receive my points for activating Netflix either. I don't know how that was supposed to work. I had Netflix on my Xbox before I was a member of this program, maybe that's why I didn't get any points?

Also, how does the first purchase reward work? Is that for a person who just signed up for gold for the very first time and makes their very first purchase?
The Netflix 100 points deal specifically says FOR YOUR FIRST ACCESS. If you already had Netflix prior to the inception of that deal (it wasn't on the service from day one), I don't see how would you qualify.

I also believe it works like that for "first purchases".

Mengetsu

drizzle said:
Wait, I never though of that. I'm living off 1 month renewal cards that are already in the system. If somebody send me a "renewal" invite, do we both get the extra points, or it only works if I follow a link to purchase a one-three-twelve month code off the marketplace?

We could try that. Somebody send me a thing: Rain One

Edit:

The Netflix 100 points deal specifically says FOR YOUR FIRST ACCESS. If you already had Netflix prior to the inception of that deal (it wasn't on the service from day one), I don't see how would you qualify.

Nope you must be Xbox Live Free if your gold during it will say This person is gold already.

Greyvvolf

drizzle said:

Ahh, okay. Thanks.

Kajiba

Just got an xbox live i love you shirt for my avatar for being an member since december of last year. Did anybody else get this?

Just got an xbox live i love you shirt for my avatar for being an member since december of last year. Did anybody else get this?

I got one too. I redeemed the code but I am not sure I'll ever use it. I would have prefered an additional 10 or so points. Oh well at least Rewards exists and I've been fortunate to cash in nearly 1000points worth so far.

I got one too. I redeemed the code but I am not sure I'll ever use it. I would have prefered an additional 10 or so points. Oh well at least Rewards exists and I've been fortunate to cash in nearly 1000points worth so far.

I spent months doing the suveys to get the free points and eventually I did enough of them to buy Case West haha.

It's been a fast year for sure, in that time i've earned about 660 MSP just from things like that monthly questionarie, renewing my live time with a cheap live card, points back from buying stuff I wanted anyway, the service has been rather nice for a free one.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's been a fast year for sure, in that time i've earned about 660 MSP just from things like that monthly questionarie, renewing my live time with a cheap live card, points back from buying stuff I wanted anyway, the service has been rather nice for a free one.

I agree so far I have got 940 points for free, a couple of avatar items and a copy of Kinect Sports!

PopfulMail

1750 points and a few avatar awards for me at this point... can't complain. I recently received a free month of Live service in my email as well... not sure if this is related to the Rewards program or not.

Z_Y

So I bought a Gold subscription last month to take advantage of the doubles reward bonus (400 msp) but I'm not seeing those points pending in my account. I "renewed" a current gold subscription that wasn't set to expire until June via a code I purchased through the Microsoft Store rather than purchasing the subscription via the dash.

Did i get caught in some fine print shenanigans and not eligible for the rewards bonus now?

You'll get the points in the month when it renews. They probably won't be doubled though, unless there's a double points offer that month.

Z_Y

You'll get the points in the month when it renews. They probably won't be doubled though, unless there's a double points offer that month.

So I have the misfortune of having my yearly subscription always end in a month where there is no bonus?

Or maybe it rotates months every year and I'll be eligible for my $2.50 bonus in 12 years or less? lol

That doesn't sound the least bit reasonable. I doubt that is the case.

UraMallas

So I bought a Gold subscription last month to take advantage of the doubles reward bonus (400 msp) but I'm not seeing those points pending in my account. I "renewed" a current gold subscription that wasn't set to expire until June via a code I purchased through the Microsoft Store rather than purchasing the subscription via the dash.

Did i get caught in some fine print shenanigans and not eligible for the rewards bonus now?

Happened to me too, actually.

So I have the misfortune of having my yearly subscription always end in a month where there is no bonus?

Or maybe it rotates months every year and I'll be eligible for my $2.50 bonus in 12 years or less? lol

I have literally no idea how you have interpreted my post =/

Orca

I think I have the hours in for the three-part challenge this month. Kind of silly that they didn't include a way to track it.

lucius

I think I have the hours in for the three-part challenge this month. Kind of silly that they didn't include a way to track it.

Yeah I can not remember how much HBO GO I have watched, guess there a few more series a could watch.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Riiiise!

I've been following XboxLiveRewards on twitter (i'm not sure why) and they just posted this:

https://twitter.com/XboxLIVErewards/status/215097955890380800

@XboxLIVErewards said:
We've hit 50,000 followers, which means it's time for an announcement! Coming Fall: a new way to earn Rewards based on your Achievements!

MS Points based on Achievements! People have been requesting this for 3 years (since the service was released). I wonder if it'll be anything useful.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Riiiise!

I've been following XboxLiveRewards on twitter (i'm not sure why) and they just posted this:

https://twitter.com/XboxLIVErewards/status/215097955890380800

MS Points based on Achievements! People have been requesting this for 3 years (since the service was released). I wonder if it'll be anything useful.

'Coming Fall' makes me wonder if they've implemented some kind of protection in the new Dashboard update.

As it stands, this would be hella easy to milk.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
To be fair, "Rewards" doesn't apply only to mspoints. Maybe it's some stupid Avatar shit.

Still, it is kinda neat.

legacyzero

Banned
I think this is new thread material IMO.

I would LOVE some mspoints for cheevos! Probably won't happen that way though :/

Mington

clever

this'll could guarantee people with multiple consoles getting all their multiplatform titles on the xbox

bubnbob

Banned
Don't get too encouraged, they have to make profit off this somehow. So my guess it will apply to only XBLA titles (you cant "rent" these) and only recent releases.

Z_Y

Quoting my post because I found out the cold, hard truth and it is every bit as shitty as feared. I did not get the double point bonus because my yearly sub did not end in a month that the bonus was offered. Furthermore, I didn't receive the normal 200 point bonus either. But after 10 months of taking surveys I will have earned $2.50 in Microsoft points...so I have that going for me.

The whole Rewards program is janky as fuck.

Daigoro

100 points for using a single sports app for 10 hours in September.

i have the shitty ESPN app going in the background now.

Vert boil

Probably the best Rewards thread to bump.

Remembered to take this months survey and noticed that I received my first MyAchievements – 2% Marketplace Rebate, 70msp. Not too bad.

Starting this month they will be getting rid of the 100msp barrier.

According to Mayan legend, the world could end December 21, 2012. YIKES! Since time is short, we're depositing ALL your Pending Rewards Points this December! No more waiting until you've reached 100 or more - we heard you loud and clear. Look for your Points in your Xbox LIVE account by December 6!

There's also a 100msp rebate if you spend 2000msp (and stay Gold) in December.
http://rewards.xbox.com/apocalyptic-rewards/

MattDoza

Probably the best Rewards thread to bump.

Remembered to take this months survey and noticed that I received my first MyAchievements – 2% Marketplace Rebate, 70msp. Not too bad.

Starting this month they will be getting rid of the 100msp barrier.

Weird. I qualify for the Legend "My Achievement" tier and only received 10msp. I guess it's because I'm not a gold member, currently? It's also my birthday month, and I see nothing for that.

Also, the survey isn't working for me, this month. I just get a message; "Thank you for your feedback. You will receive 20 Microsoft Points shortly. Watch for a new survey opportunity next month." And below this it says: Next Question.

Have the rules for rewards been adjusted? i.e. limited to gold members?

Judging by this thread, does anyone else think they need to revamp this program and start looking at PS + or even Club Nintendo as a template?

Not sure why, but this hasn't caught on with most people like the other two have.

Top Bottom