• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Sale - More Deals on Friday - Toy Sold., Snoopy, Splosion, Duke3d, DLC+more

Shurs

Doodis said:
What's the consensus on Splosion Man? It's one I was never really interested in for full price.

I didn't dig it all that much, but there are a lot of people who love the game.

bjork

Ah, wish I'd waited on the Alan Wake DLC! Oh well, it was really fun so I can't complain too much.

May go for MM10 or the Final Fight instead, then.

Man, just bought Bionic Commando Rearmed, Mega Man 10, Limbo, Shadow Complex and Braid. Was always planning to get them all but this was such a golden opportunity.

jgkspsx

I was going to get Shadow Complex. I think I remember the story being Birch Society FEMA deathcamp conspiracy bullshit, though. Is that accurate? How intrusive is it?

jgkspsx said:
I was going to get Shadow Complex. I think I remember the story being Birch Society FEMA deathcamp conspiracy bullshit, though. Is that accurate? How intrusive is it?
The story is stupid but it's easy enough to ignore and play imagining the story to be nothing more than "save the princess and escape."

jgkspsx said:

People read way too much into where the story originally came from. The actual game is written by Peter David, and it's fun as hell.

Downloaded trials for all the arcade games on sale and ended up with Snoopy, Perfect Dark, and Splosion Man. Also bought the Noble Pack for Halo.

May buy Final Fight and South Park as well, but I'm still deciding on those.

cwmartin

So decided on Shadow Complex over Limbo, now Toy Soldiers or Puzzle Quest 2???? Ive never played puzzle quest 1 either. And geometry wars 1 is only 400. ARGH

Struct09

Doodis said:
What's the consensus on Splosion Man? It's one I was never really interested in for full price.

Awesome game single player, even more awesome if you have friends to play it with locally.

jgkspsx said:

The story is completely throwaway, but it's still one of the best games on XBLA. Actually my #1 XBLA game.

USD

Just bought all the one-day sale games. I'll grab some of the other games later.

Also, Puzzle Quest 2 isn't actually part of the sale, it has a permanent price drop.

Amir0x

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
Absolutely, though how much you'll like it, I suppose, depends on whether you are not afraid of or tired of tower defense design.

eh kinda tired of it. i have like thirty two iterations of the genre at this point lol

Bought Toy Soldiers (love it),Alan wake dlc, and trials big thrills dlc earlier this week. Bought limbo, castle crashers, and shadow complex today. Love the deals this week!

Nelo Ice

Banned
final toll for this sale

snoopy
final fight
trials big thrills pack
limbo

then next week im definitely picking up ilomilo

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Man, I would love to buy Splosion Man and Trials HD but there's no way to pay $12.50 exactly. Fucking disgusting.

IF you buy Trials HD, then you should really go for the DLC too, which is also on sale. 400 + 400 + 200 = 1000.

You can buy 1000 points. can't you?

Mulling it over between MegaMan 10 versus Final Fight: Double Impact. I'd do both, but the XBLA 2011 upcoming lineup is still pretty stacked, so I think I shouldn't spend any more than 400.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Keyser Soze said:
IF you buy Trials HD, then you should really go for the DLC too, which is also on sale. 400 + 400 + 200 = 1000.

You can buy 1000 points. can't you?

It's actually 400+600+200, but that would work in the sense that I could buy 400 + 800 points. Thanks for the reminder about the DLC!

Doodis said:

Incredible game. I was shocked to hear that a bunch of people on GAF didn't like it.

Anyways, I picked up Snoopy, Limbo and Trials HD Add-on today. Feels good.

I love XBLA. So many great games. The really good ones seem much better than this generation's AAA boxed retail releases ... and just a fraction of the price. (not to mention awesome sales like this happening all the time)

An-Det

I picked up Limbo and Shadow Complex. Been waiting for both of those to be on sale, so I'm happy. I do wish Toy Soldiers was cheaper though, since I loved the demo.

Fox Mulder

toasty_T said:
Bought Shadow Complex and Limbo. Deliberating the Halo Reach map pack, still have 800 points left.

I wonder why they put Perfect Dark up for sale and not either Banjo games. I would have been on those so hard.
I've been waiting for banjo tooie to go on sale so bad

Frankfurt

Banned
Got

The Writer
Reach Noble pack (and Defiant, since you get 400p back in rewards)
Shadow Complex (got the demo last week and LOVED it, such luck that it went on sale now)

The Reach packs have a couple REALLY amazing maps, in fact, both the maps I liked have already blown away my previous favorites.

IrishNinja

do we have a thread with impressions on Alan Wake: the writer? i dont buy much DLC, but that might be one if it's good. GAF makes me think only shadow broker and minerva's den are worth playing though.

shame Outrun 2 isnt here, a certain currently-banned member has me eyeing that one.

sup gravijers

Alright, went through the rest of the trials and now I'm deciding if I want to buy any of the following:

Final Fight: Double Impact
Shadow Complex
South Park
Toy Soliders

Final Fight is fun but I can imagine it getting old quickly.
Shadow Complex looks like a nice title, but I'm not a big fan of the Metroid gametype.
South Park is fun but I don't know how long it'll stick around.
Toy Soldiers is fun but it seems slow.

Grisby

IrishNinja said:
do we have a thread with impressions on Alan Wake: the writer? i dont buy much DLC, but that might be one if it's good. GAF makes me think only shadow broker and minerva's den are worth playing though.

shame Outrun 2 isnt here, a certain currently-banned member has me eyeing that one.

sup gravijers

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394530

The last few pages might have impressions. If you liked AW though the writer is a keeper. More variety then the signal with a lead up ending to AW2.

Aspiring

Cant wait for next week. Sonic 4 and Ilomilo. So far picked up:

Bionic Commander
Castle Crashers
Toy Soldiers
Hydrophobia (yeah it wasnt on sale but enjoyed the demo)
Alan Wake DLC

Next week

Sonic 4
Ilomilo
And hopefully some other good Sega game on sale

USD

Bought like 8 more games. Whoredom complete. Easily more than doubled my XBLA collection.

Just played through Limbo. Was fun, though my "jump to a pit just to be 100% sure there's nothing down there" tendencies didn't help.

USD

beelzebozo said:
is LIMBO still on sale? or was it friday only?
Friday only, but you can still check. I saw the ads for the one-day sale games on XBL still an hour-ish ago. Not sure if they were still actually discounted though.

Piano

Banned
Picked up the Noble Map Pack. Torn on what else to get....

I was planning on getting Perfect Dark, but upon playing the demo I realized how archaic the game is at this point. I wandered around the first level for a while taking elevators up and down with no idea where I was supposed to be going.

Not like I wanted it to be 'durr call of duty' but at least in Doom all the rooms don't look identical.

Does it get better later on? How does PD hold up today?

Alternatively I could just get Duke 3D...haven't played it in a while.

Other outside possibilities include Mega Man 10 (mergh wish 9 was on sale...) or, I guess, Snoopy? Haven't tried that yet.

And maybe Final Fight. I loved beat-em-ups as a kid, but feel sort of stupid paying for them these days since they're usually such obvious and frustrating quarter munchers. Scott Pilgrim was a lot of fun, though.

Top Bottom