• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale (Feb 18th - 24th)

VinFTW

Add another chapter to this trainwreck called Halo MCC.
I mean really... it's getting ridiculous. This is their flagship franchise! What are they doing???

Its a train wreck to put that game on sale in its current state... how is that acceptable?

Wait till the big patch, hopefully next week, THEN put it on sale. That way, no one gets fucked.

Are we really now getting upset that a game that was never announced to be on sale, is not currently on sale?

It was leaked on the Australian Xbox web site. Microsoft posted that themselves, it didn't appear out of thin air.
Every deal on that site has come to fruition except LOFT (which was on sale briefly) and MCC.
There's no excuse for this. They knew the leak was out there and yet they chose to upset a lot of people by not honoring all of those deals.

Syriel

It was leaked on the Australian Xbox web site. Microsoft posted that themselves, it didn't appear out of thin air.
Every deal on that site has come to fruition except LOFT (which was on sale briefly) and MCC.
There's no excuse for this. They knew the leak was out there and yet they chose to upset a lot of people by not honoring all of those deals.

On a test page.

Which wasn't advertised to the public.

Just because someone leaked something and posted it in imgur doesn't mean it was an official ad.

If it shows up on sale, awesome.
If not, well, it was never promised.

sportz103

They also added Forza Bundle, PES 2015, and Limbo to the sale and those were not on the leaked test page. I think we should be pissed about that too then. #DontPutExtraGamesOnSale

Dunlop

I'm giving it until tomorrow night for MCC otherwise I pull the trigger on the Telltale collection in the PSN sale

either way I win ; )

Jawmuncher

MCC is still worth 24 bucks easily.
Also I'm waiting to see lords of the fallen as a weekend deal. Ill buy it at 9 bucks easily.

I would be surprise if MCC didn't go on sale... The picture for the ultimate game sale in the games section was MCC lol. I'm guessing they might be waiting for that MP patch...

blackjaw

Its a train wreck to put that game on sale in its current state... how is that acceptable?

Wait till the big patch, hopefully next week, THEN put it on sale. That way, no one gets fucked.

Wait...what? I'd gladly pay $24 to play through all four campaigns...

BokehKing

Banned
Well every other game that was / is supposed to be part of the wicked weekend deal is on sale atm. It's still quite early to be certain though, there's a chance it might go on sale later. I still have hope.
Yeah I wouldn't think they would allow the window for the game to be sold at that price to be open for too long.

People know it's not worth $60

Grisby

If LOTF doesn't come back I'm probably just gonna go for trials. Enjoyed the first one a lot but never checked out number 2.

I bought it on your impressions :)

You're good people, klaw. Not like that Vernia.

In all seriousness, I really am happy to see more people checking it out. I really hope you go on to enjoy it as much as those who sing its praises did.

If I might make a suggestion, I found it's most enjoyable when you play one case a day. There aren't many and you'll likely feel the urge to play more than one, but it's most enjoyable when you play just one case a day.

jesu

If MMC doesn't have to go on sale I'll have to choose between Sherlock Holmes and Alien Isolation.
I'm leaning towards Sherlock at the moment.

If MMC doesn't have to go on sale I'll have to choose between Sherlock Holmes and Alien Isolation.
I'm leaning towards Sherlock at the moment.

Get Sherlock. Alien can still drop further and likely will before the Summer, but Sherlock getting a price cut feels like it might be one of those once in a blood moon type deal.

If anyone is bummed about MCC possibly not being in the sale, drown your sorrows in Sherlock.

How good is Sherlock? Is it strictly puzzles, LA Noire like, or does it have any Ace Attorney/VN flair?

It's very good.

It's best described as an investigative story driven adventure. If you want to compare it to other games, LA Noire lite is probably a fairly good description, although I personally liked Sherlock a lot more.

I was gonna get Mordor DLC but now that its here I'm second guessing myself, $20NZD still, I dunno if I care enough about 100% Achievements to bother.

I like the game, just, eh, doubt it'll be worth another $20.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
MCC deal is up but $35 instead of $25.

is there a UK price? I have $40 on the US store so it is doable, but if it was $24 I could have bought Roundabout as well..

edit:
£27 in the UK.

No chance I'm getting it for that when it can be bought for £20 pre-owned here.

hmm. $35 is £23 so thats worth the convenience of it being digital I think. Shame it isn't $24 though.

Chris1

MCC is on sale now... 40% off it looks like.

Man this sale has been a complete trainwreck.. First the leak got people excited for some deals (halo and lotf mostly), then they removed lotf after a few hours for apparently no reason, then halo started popping up on the brazillian dashboard and the holiday page of en-ie said halo 40%, then the actual sale got delayed and turned out to be only 40% and not even on the ultimate game sale website, which makes me believe that they only added it after the backlash. Then on major nelsons blog it said there would be 31 games going on sale, but according to this there's only 29. Sure there have been hidden sales, but I don't think they count and that just adds to how much of a trainwreck this sale has been.. I mean really, hidden sales with absolutely no advertising or anywhere stating as such?

All of MS's last sales have gone pretty smooth with very few, if any issues but this one has had its issues since day 1.

Top Bottom