• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale - Feb26-Mar4 (Press X to switch from cash to MSP)

heh everyone has their their foil hats on since they think there wont be bc just because sony doesn't have it. this could be a test on steam like sales for next gen as we move further into DD.

Gaspode_T

If they re-named it (and were able to??) to "Future Compatible FTW Sale" there would be lots of reason for celebration...crossing my fingers, have way too much $$ invested in 360 downloadable games (200+ XBLA games and couple dozen Games on Demand)

Shaneus

Its nice to read anything regarding the stupid prices on xbox live.

I am STILL waiting for REZ or Ikaruga to drop.
Its been ages, since these 2 were released on xbox live, but i have never seen them below 800 ms points. And this is just too much for me...Iam always buying games when they cost less than the original price...
except scott pilgrim and the HD turbo remix, i have never bought an arcade game for the full price....

oh yeah and i will not expect much, you know how stingy ms is when it comes to reasonable prices on xbox live...
Technically, the original price was around $60 when they were first released for Dreamcast.

Honestly, if you haven't seen a sale now, you won't see one. And every day you wait is another day you haven't played Rez or Ikaruga.

First thing I thought of too. Not buying jack shit from them until they clarify if any of this is going to be BC or not.

Same for me. Also wont be buying anymore retail or downloadable games for the PS3. Rent or borrow. I have no interest in keeping my PS3 when PS4 launches. Should net me at least 150 towards the price of a PS4.

MrDaravon

How long were you planning on playing any of these??? If the discounts are really that good just throw some points down and enjoy.

I already have a small backlog; anything I'd be buying now would only be because it was on a really good sale but I wouldn't be getting to it for a while, very possibly next gen...where it might not be playable.

jond76

Banned
Same for me. Also wont be buying anymore retail or downloadable games for the PS3. Rent or borrow. I have no interest in keeping my PS3 when PS4 launches. Should net me at least 150 towards the price of a PS4.

Can't say the same. I'll for sure be getting State of Decay from xbla when it releases... I love zombies too much not to.

MrDaravon

They taking your Xbox away?

No, but I have no intention of keeping the system long-term. I'm not going to realistically keep a hardware for a few games at best, and that's ignoring space considerations (already running a ghetto setup to get 3 consoles on this stand along with a receiver/etc), and the fact that we've had more Xboxes die this gen then every other console both me and my wife have had in 20 years combined so I have no faith in the hardware lasting like I would say a Nintendo system. If one of the games on sale was something I was going to play right now sure; but I would only be buying anything on that list because it was on a killer sale and probably wouldn't be getting to it for a good while anyway.

Also I think everyone on the planet has forgotten that when you migrated your gamertag/account from the original Xbox to 360 that it was a one-time move that also invalidated it on the original hardware. And if that's true this time as well I'm then fucked if the 720 isn't BC and I want to play any of those games online I wouldn't even be able to do that on the 360 if I kept it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
If they re-named it (and were able to??) to "Future Compatible FTW Sale" there would be lots of reason for celebration...crossing my fingers, have way too much $$ invested in 360 downloadable games (200+ XBLA games and couple dozen Games on Demand)

They still haven't said there's a new console yet.

shaowebb

If microsoft tries to have sales good enough to compete with steam regularly then I want the ability to plug in and use ANY external harddrive I can afford. Seriously hate the storage brick and how overpriced it is.

jnb58

Neo Member
I (like many of you) think this certainly means no BC on the next console. It kinda pisses me off that they wait so long. I do think I will be buying grid, dishonored, MGS Peacewalker and a couple of others.

I want xbox to know that I will buy digital downloads when there are huge deals.

Hopefully it becomes a trend in the face of FTP games and reorganizes the price model for games.

Also I think everyone on the planet has forgotten that when you migrated your gamertag/account from the original Xbox to 360 that it was a one-time move that also invalidated it on the original hardware. And if that's true this time as well I'm then fucked if the 720 isn't BC and I want to play any of those games online I wouldn't even be able to do that on the 360 if I kept it.

Your account is valid on Windows 8, Windows Phone, ios, android and other devices. Registering on any of those has not somehow made the 360 invalid.

I'm trying to stay optimistic...

There's some nice potential for some great deals, I just hope it pans out

The Christmas sale was impressive, so I'm hoping this will follow its lead.

Some of the games are criminally overpriced however, so even with a reduction, they can just barely be considered good deals.

JaggedSac

The Christmas sale was impressive, so I'm hoping this will follow its lead.

Some of the games are criminally overpriced however, so even with a reduction, they can just barely be considered good deals.

Yeah, I bought Forza Horizon from the MS store for $15 during the sale last year, beat it, and just sold it to Gamestop for $33(they have a 50% trade in bonus going on now). So, all in all, I think that worked out nicely.

Z_Y

Looks like the Halo games are first. Halo 3 and Reach are $10 each. Halo Wars hasn't dropped yet. I'm not biting unless it is $10 also.

I'll probably get Halo Wars for $10, no interest in 3 or Reach.

Gonna have to be a lot more than just 3 games a day to get through 60 in a week so there must be other stuff along with this.

The sale went live already?

If the Holiday sale is any indication, they'll go live plenty early

donny2112

Weren't the Bungie Halo games optimized to heavily cache on the HDD, so that the prevailing thinking was that you should not install them to the HDD, since that would make the game be double-reading the HDD? If so, wouldn't that make the GoD versions perform worse than the disk versions?

Ghazi

Weren't the Bungie Halo games optimized to heavily cache on the HDD, so that the prevailing thinking was that you should not install them to the HDD, since that would make the game be double-reading the HDD? If so, wouldn't that make the GoD versions perform worse than the disk versions?
Yes

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, they actively told people NOT to install reach to your HDD.

Squire

Banned
Halo 4 is $40 on Games on Demand, I wonder if this is the sale price. I was kind of hoping for it to go to at least $30.

That probably is the sale price because I remember it launching at $60 at the start of February.

The MSRP is $40 now. It's been available at that price constantly for a month (at least on Amazon), but the TV commercial for the Majestic map pack mentions it as being permanent. "Now $39.99!"

Halo 4 is $40 on Games on Demand, I wonder if this is the sale price. I was kind of hoping for it to go to at least $30.

Check the MSRP on Amazon. If it's different than that, it's the sale price.

Edit: MSRP still 59.99 on Amazon, but their price is 34.99. If the sale price on XBL is 40, dont buy it.

FyreWulff

It was only 3 as Blamite said, and the penalty isn't really enough to notice.

Top Bottom