• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Media Briefing in Japan

neo2046

sevenchaos said:
Everything is loading so sloooooooow. But thank you.

2e0r4vk.jpg

See

jonnybryce said:
Someone explain?

We realize black humor and shooting isn't popular in Japan..
...SO BEHOLD GTAIV FOR JAPAN!

Isn't this kinda like acknowledging your kid's lactose intolerance and deciding the remedy is cheese dipped in milk.

"It won't be a hit here, but it'll be a big hit outside Japan."

Capcom is not showing games that the Japanese would like, they are showing games that the rest would like.

Firestorm

See said:
Capcom is not showing games that the Japanese would like, they are showing games that the rest would like.
That makes no sense. Capcom doesn't publish the games outside Japan. Not only that, we already have GTAIV. That was just bad lead-up.

See said:

uh...

Inafune says that "black humor" in Dead Rising isn't really popular in Japan.
4:56
Shooting in Lost Planet not so popular in Japan.
4:57
He's talking about the games developed in the West, like at E3 and how he wants to challenge the Western game developers. That that's the most important thing.
4:59
Showing a trailer... It's...
It's...
GTAIV subtitled in Japanese!!
(Capcom publishes GTA in Japan.)

One more time...

Inafune says that "black humor" in Dead Rising isn't really popular in Japan.

Shooting in Lost Planet not so popular in Japan.

It's...

GTAIV subtitled in Japanese!!

Why give that "not popular in Japan" speech? It doesn't make sense.

See

Firestorm said:
That makes no sense. Capcom doesn't publish the games outside Japan. Not only that, we already have GTAIV. That was just bad lead-up.

I know... I wasn't trying to defend them, just to point out how strange it was.

See said:
I think that comment about not being a big hit was about the new Bionic Commando. GTA is fairly popular in Japan isn't it?

Shard said:
Did we not know this already?

Well we expected it to be announced at something like this...now it's been announced to keep waiting.

It's news!
Except not at all and why is this conference even happening argh

See

Wired All Wrong said:
I think that comment about not being a big hit was about the new Bionic Commando. GTA is fairly popular in Japan isn't it?
yep, you are right, I used the wrong quote to illustrate the point... what I wanted to say was exactly what jonnybryce said.

Kuroyume said:
Ninja Blade trailer is CG...

Sure the teaser is, but the Kotaku guy described gameplay stuff after the initial teaser (noting that cutscenes and action are seamless)..Im guessing some footage of that will be leaked.

I just caught the fact that it will be playable at TGS. Wow.

goldenpp72

seems kinda weird to have something like this before tgs, unless some megaton happens. Guess i wont have expectations for something that I didnt know was happening.

More ninja blade plz!

That Ninja Blade trailer was so underwhelming. You guys hyped it like it was the greatest thing ever.

Also, what's so special about Ninja Blade? I'm not asking that because i think it's lame, it's because everyone was talking about it like it had a Sadness type vibe to it.

goldenpp72

xlildragonxod said:
That Ninja Blade trailer was so underwhelming. You guys hyped it like it was the greatest thing ever.

Also, what's so special about Ninja Blade? I'm not asking that because i think it's lame, it's because everyone was talking about it like it had a Sadness type vibe to it.

wtf? it just looks like a cool potential game, I havent seen super hype for it.

Top Bottom