• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Media Briefing in Japan

m3k

davepoobond said:
i still dont know who duffy is.

disney kid turned teeny bop kid with naf music and some naf acting rounding out her resume

dont youtube her music you cant unhear it

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Awesome, Ninja Blade finally announced - and this whole conference-thing just came out of nowhere too!

They really, really need to get that gameplay footage out there as THAT sounded pretty damn cool... and the guy really does look like a Ryu Hayabusa ripoff, but it's okay since it's FROM SOFTWARE, the guys behind Otogi + Capcom dude...

pswii60

m3k said:
disney kid turned teeny bop kid with naf music and some naf acting rounding out her resume

I can't stand Duffy, but how the hell is she a Disney kid? She's never had anything to do with Disney, and is Welsh for a start. You're thinking of Hannah Montana!
BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
So seriously what happened 2 cry on?
We'll know next week when EA announce they've bought Mistwalker and Epic. Activision to buy Bungie the week after, and then MS to announce in TGS interviews that they still own all the IPs and it won't affect them. If we get a repeat of 2007.

duckroll

BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
So seriously what happened 2 cry on?

I'm sure there's still a pre-TGS media conference. That's when the Mistwalker games usually get showcased. If it isn't there, then it's probably in development hell.

duckroll said:
I'm sure there's still a pre-TGS media conference. That's when the Mistwalker games usually get showcased. If it isn't there, then it's probably in development hell.

any idea on when that would be?

pswii60

duckroll said:
I'm hoping that it's just a case of MS waiting "until it's ready" and we actually end up seeing a polished build of the game.
BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
any idea on when that would be?
Early October. TGS starts Oct 9th.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
m3k said:

I didn't know Duffy was either a) every affiliated with disney or b) ever did acting. I'm not sure if I'd call her music teeny-bop stuff either.

People trying to pigeon-hole her usually throw her in with the post-Amy Winehouse set of singers.

duckroll

pswii60 said:
I'm hoping that it's just a case of MS waiting "until it's ready" and we actually end up seeing a polished build of the game.

I dunno how much say MS would have in Cry On, since it isn't even a MS game.

Tenbatsu

This is posted in 2ch and its funny:lol
070427_1.jpg

xbox103.jpg

m3k

gofreak said:
I didn't know Duffy was either a) every affiliated with disney or b) ever did acting. I'm not sure if I'd call her music teeny-bop stuff either.

People trying to pigeon-hole her usually throw her in with the post-Amy Winehouse set of singers.

she had a tv show which was tweeny... perhaps nicelodian... i fail at this

misguided university conversations taught me these things, i apologize

edit: i was right it is disney

i fail

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Just got back from this thing. My God, what blahness. I was expecting more than a single new game announcement.

Ninja Blade does look legitimately radcakes, though. I interviewed Norhiko Hibino several months ago and he was raving about the game, which didn't have a title yet. Now I see why he was so excited. Made Ninja Gaiden II look like a first-gen Xbox game.

Walshicus

m3k said:
she had a tv show which was tweeny... perhaps nicelodian... i fail at this

misguided university conversations taught me these things, i apologize

edit: i was right it is disney

i fail
Hmm... you sure you're not thinking of an American singer? Just a quick Wiki of her name brings no mention of Disney.

m3k

Sir Fragula said:
Hmm... you sure you're not thinking of an American singer? Just a quick Wiki of her name brings no mention of Disney.
that would be it lol i saw blonde and duff, whoops

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Aokage said:
Just got back from this thing. My God, what blahness. I was expecting more than a single new game announcement.

Ninja Blade does look legitimately radcakes, though. I interviewed Norhiko Hibino several months ago and he was raving about the game, which didn't have a title yet. Now I see why he was so excited. Made Ninja Gaiden II look like a first-gen Xbox game.
I didn't follow the briefing, Ninja Blade was demo'd there?
Do you have any idea if MS will also have a TGS press conference?

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Blimblim said:
I didn't follow the briefing, Ninja Blade was demo'd there?
Do you have any idea if MS will also have a TGS press conference?

Yeah, there was a brief CG trailer and then an in-game one. Very short, but awesome. The main character leapt out of a helicopter, fell hundreds of feet, smashed through plate glass windows into a skyscraper, then continued the battle inside. Totally seamless. The From guy said it wasn't a cutscene and was all playable. Graphics were hugely impressive and everything looked to be 60fps. Lots of destructable elements in the background. "From Software Ninja Action Game" just went from "huh, might be cool" to "GOD DAMN".

I dunno if MS will have a conference at TGS, but Ninja Blade will have playable kiosks.

Aokage said:

Interest rising...

pswii60

lherre said:
Ahhh, ok, ok, but only announced to x360 ...
It's only been announced for 360, but hell, we don't even know if the game ever got past pre-production. It's been an eternity since we've heard or seen anything of it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Aokage said:
Yeah, there was a brief CG trailer and then an in-game one. Very short, but awesome. The main character leapt out of a helicopter, fell hundreds of feet, smashed through plate glass windows into a skyscraper, then continued the battle inside. Totally seamless. The From guy said it wasn't a cutscene and was all playable. Graphics were hugely impressive and everything looked to be 60fps. Lots of destructable elements in the background. "From Software Ninja Action Game" just went from "huh, might be cool" to "GOD DAMN".
Nice!

Aokage said:
I dunno if MS will have a conference at TGS, but Ninja Blade will have playable kiosks.
Even nicer!

With this and Bayonetta, looks like action gamers are going to be in heaven next year :)

harSon

Banned
duckroll said:
No, it's an AQ Interactive title. Always was.

Would you happen to know if the contract between Mistwalker and Microsoft was for 3 exclusive Microsoft published games or simply 3 exclusive games?

Also, does anyone know if Platinum announcements are universal or pertaining to Japan specifically? I know a lot of people have been waiting for Lost Odyssey to drop in price.

Originally Posted by M3K:
i still dont know who duffy is.

M3k I think you're confusing Duffy the welsh singer with Hillary Duff, from disney channel (Lizzie Maguire)

Top Bottom