• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

psychotron

Does it? I don't remember that being the case.

EDIT: So it does. Ignore what the MS site says, and try to access the content in game.

Yupp...

Experience the thrill and danger of rally in epic new stages that push you and your cars to the limit as your co-driver alerts you to severe terrain changes and hazards ahead. Race 5 new iconic rally cars or create your own dirt-eating machines with new rally upgrades that can be applied to any car in your Forza Horizon garage. Challenge friends and rivals in new online rally modes and earn 10 new achievements. Season Pass holders receive the exclusive 2003 Ford SVT Focus, in addition to the full Rally Expansion Pack, at no additional charge.

EmiPrime

So I bought the season pass because it includes the rally expansion, except the MS site keeps wanting to charge me for it still. How can I get it?

I had a problem with an Xbox 360 game that I bought only being downloadable from my Xbox One "ready to install" list or from my 360's download history. If I tried to download it from the website (which listed the game in the "My Games" section) or from the 360 store it would try to charge me again.

I contacted a MS customer rep via the website and had a really shitty experience. The guy was utterly clueless, trying to get me to delete my profile from my 360 and blaming it on server "latency" (even though the purchase was made 2-3 weeks ago). I kept a chat log of the ordeal, it was that bad.

So I bought the season pass because it includes the rally expansion, except the MS site keeps wanting to charge me for it still. How can I get it?

What worked for me is from the main menu in the game, select the Marketplace and in there the Rally Expansion should be marked as free. Once you redeem it you'll need to download it by hitting the menu/hamburger button on the FH tile and select Manage. Once in the menu you should see it in the ready to install menu.

Edit- Also check in the manage menu that the car pass is installed as it won't install it by default, The Rally Expansion may not show up as free in the Marketplace if that's not installed.

Any advice on connecting to Xbox Live? My Xbox One is connected and I can see everything on the home menu but when I launch a BC game I can't connect.

Start up a BC title and, while it's running, try logging out from your currently signed-in X360 account and then redownloading your X360 gamertag from the old Guide.

Zenner

Any advice on connecting to Xbox Live? My Xbox One is connected and I can see everything on the home menu but when I launch a BC game I can't connect.

Have you enabled Two-Factor Authentication on your MS account?

If so, you might need to use an App Password, generated from the MS site.

Anyone else having issues getting the marketplace to load within Forza Horizon? I'm constantly getting a Live Marketplace Error. Just bought the rally expansion and I can't access it

TheKeyPit

Banned
Anyone else having issues getting the marketplace to load within Forza Horizon? I'm constantly getting a Live Marketplace Error. Just bought the rally expansion and I can't access it

Why do you want to access the marketplace? If you already own it, just download it on your Xbox One via "Manage Game" and you should be able to access the rally pack inside the game.

im_dany

Why do you want to access the marketplace? If you already own it, just download it on your Xbox One via "Manage Game" and you should be able to access the rally pack inside the game.

IIRC after you buy the season pass you have to purchase the rally dlc as free from within the game to be able to use it, maybe that's what he/she meant

IIRC after you buy the season pass you have to purchase the rally dlc as free from within the game to be able to use it, maybe that's what he/she meant

Yeah you have to get it from the menu. I did two days ago but with the servers being messed up I had to keep trying to connect in order for the in game store to load.

psychotron

I really hope they fix the stuttering and server issues in FH1. It seems like a great game so far but the random hitching during a race really sucks.

Really wish that EA would allow NCAA Football 2014 to be backwards compatible right now. Kinda sad to start a college football season without a title to play along with it. :(

GWX

I really hope they fix the stuttering and server issues in FH1. It seems like a great game so far but the random hitching during a race really sucks.

Are the servers still down? I really play it, but there's no point to it if the servers are down.

amdb00mer

Really wish that EA would allow NCAA Football 2014 to be backwards compatible right now. Kinda sad to start a college football season without a title to play along with it. :(

They still own the licenses. That's why it is still available on X360 Games on Demand. I wish they would add it as well.

FutbolBat

Banned
Hopefully they fix the performance issues for Forza, it seems fun but I can't play a racing game that stutters so much.

Been smooth as glass for me but i've only played it for about two hours, now. Once it did the stutter thing that all BC games seem to do from time to time and was cleared up with a restart. Hopefully they can fix that issue.

a.wd

Played about 8 hours of forza horizon yesterday, got the occasional frame bug out (1 per hour probably) but that's what rewind is for.

1) wizards worked on the graphics and handling

2)geniuses worked on the soundtrack

3) BC is officially my killer app this gen, because last gen went so long there was soooo many quality games that don't need remastering if bc is a viable option

tim1138

Been smooth as glass for me but i've only played it for about two hours, now. Once it did the stutter thing that all BC games seem to do from time to time and was cleared up with a restart. Hopefully they can fix that issue.

Restarted my console and that seems to have sorted it out thankfully.

jesu

Playing it straight from a reboot seems to be the only way for me to get FH playable.
Playing it after another game or app and the stuttering is terrible.

psychotron

What are you trying to do? Multiplayer is working for me at the moment, and obviously single player works.

I couldn't get into multiplayer at all or rally. When it tries to upload anything, it fails. I haven't tried again since early this afternoon so I'll try again later.

Managed to get into Rally by downloading the add on through the Xbox dash. Had to search the store for it. Once it downloaded I was able to select rally on the title screen and got in.
Previously it was looking for the servers in game to pull the download down and just wouldn't work

shandy706

I came to post this.

YOU CAN BUY IT DIGITALLY STILL!!

Come on EA!!!

Games have been great so far today.

psychotron

Managed to get into Rally by downloading the add on through the Xbox dash. Had to search the store for it. Once it downloaded I was able to select rally on the title screen and got in.
Previously it was looking for the servers in game to pull the download down and just wouldn't work

I'll have to try this. So you found it on the XB1 store?

TheKeyPit

Banned
First time I played it today

It looks fantastic for last gen. Those facial animations are really well done.

Yeah.

screenshot-original207gs37.png

screenshot-original2032sab.png

jesu

I couldn't get into multiplayer at all or rally. When it tries to upload anything, it fails. I haven't tried again since early this afternoon so I'll try again later.

I got multiplayer to work by ignoring the warnings about the servers being down.
Only got into a 2 player race though and towards the end I got the horrible playable stutter.

jyoung188

Server issues in FH1 are a major bummer. I have 1000 club installed and can't upload any medals to the server so it doesn't record any progress towards medals. This game is fucking fantastic other than that though, can't believe what they pulled off on 360 hardware. Had stuttering issues a few times, a hard console restart seemed to work each time for me though.

mike4001_

OK, I give up on Forza Horizon until they have fixed this.

Sometimes I can play for 15 minutes, sometimes for 2 minutes at completely fluid ~30 fps.

Then suddenly the game gets choppy as hell and I am more in the 5-10 fps region.

I restart the game or the console and again in the beginning its perfect until it gets choppy again.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Yeah, that sucks.

It is a real, real damn shame about that game. I think with some tweaks it could have been a very fun Diablo clone.

I mean it WAS fun. Story and characters needed serious work but the loot table/layout was pretty well done. With more than 2 players, I would love it.

Dyack has done some amazing things. I'm sure he has his demons and I know it's wrong to promote him on Gaf but his contribution to the industry is pretty profound.

The most inexcusable aspect of Dyack is he's a GamerGater.

This still continues to be the one Xbox 360 game I want to see become backwards compatible above any others. Too bad reports from before said it wasn't going to happen. Really hoping whoever was involved with that changed their mind.

Oemenia

Banned
Quick question, is FH1 worth playing if you have 2 (though I haven't got round to playing it).

Also does the G920 work with BC games?

Flux

Quick question, is FH1 worth playing if you have 2 (though I haven't got round to playing it).

Also does the G920 work with BC games?

I think there was a recent update that allowed wheels to work. Not sure if it took effect since I don't own one.

FH1 the world and the festival concept feel tighter which is a good thing. Most people prefer the 1st game's soundtrack.

PaulLFC

I can't seem to get FH1 to pick up my save game from the 360 - it finds the DLC, but wants me to start the game again from scratch even though the save is showing as in sync to the cloud on the 360.

Yes, absolutely. Maybe wait a bit to see if Microsoft can smooth out the performance issues though. It might be okay to put up with for free roaming but can it can mess up your races.

Yes, absolutely. Maybe wait a bit to see if Microsoft can smooth out the performance issues though. It might be okay to put up with for free roaming but can it can mess up your races.

What issues are you having? On green wrist band and done a few races and not experienced any performance issues. In fact its been amazing in that regard.

PaulLFC

Do you have all the DLC the had when you last used the save on the 360?
I think so - I have everything there besides the map which had to be bought with in-game "tokens" - presumably because they aren't available to buy on the BC version. I wonder if that's confusing things and not letting the save load on the XB1?

psychotron

What issues are you having? On green wrist band and done a few races and not experienced any performance issues. In fact its been amazing in that regard.

I get random stutters. Almost like really quick freezes and then it's fine again. No idea what causes it but it's sucks, especially because I'm really enjoying the game.

It is amazing, that is until it starts stuttering. I've got lots of other games to play in the meantime, so I can wait until its fixed.

Top Bottom