• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

etta

my hard graphic balls
Whatever happened with that Fable Anniversary coming to BC rumor? Did it just fizzle out?
I haven't really played the Fable games and trying Fable 3 right now on Xbox One, I am loving this art style and design but holy shit the motion blur looks like ghosting or some nasty shit.

Chitown B

Forza rewards is all fucked up on the Xbox One anyway due to the server issues still but this is not because of that.

The rewards behavior was different for the 360 Forza games. You always had to redeem it and then claim it before the month was over (before they switched to the weekly payout), if you didn't the money from the previous month was gone.
This was only changed for the Xbox One Forza games where they stack up in your inbox as long as you redeemed them through the site.

wow that sucks. I have 860K redeemed. But I won't get them?

Whatever happened with that Fable Anniversary coming to BC rumor? Did it just fizzle out?
I haven't really played the Fable games and trying Fable 3 right now on Xbox One, I am loving this art style and design but holy shit the motion blur looks like ghosting or some nasty shit.
Who knows, it uses a different engine than 2 and 3 so I wouldn't count on it anyway.

KageMaru

Does anyone have any idea how to best make requests regarding the XBO and BC? I know there is a suggestion page for insiders but I don't trust it after my last suggestion seemingly got deleted. I would love an option in the setting to turn off the forced triple buffered v-sync. The input delay is pretty damn noticeable =/

danowat

Banned
Anyone know why, without performing a hard reboot/cache clearance everytime, my backwards compatibility games run like treacle?

eastx

Anyone know why, without performing a hard reboot/cache clearance everytime, my backwards compatibility games run like treacle?

Could it be the bug that the latest preview build fixes, which has been heavily discussed on the last few pages of the thread? :)

FN-2187

Holy cow does Forza Horizon still look good. It looks better than any of the non-Forza racing games on Xbox One. The last racing game I played on the One was The Crew and it looks like an OG Xbox game compared to Horizon.

jesu

Holy cow does Forza Horizon still look good. It looks better than any of the non-Forza racing games on Xbox One. The last racing game I played on the One was The Crew and it looks like an OG Xbox game compared to Horizon.

NFS looks far better than Forza Horizon.
The Crew does look shit though.

Why is Bayonetta running in slow motion? I reset it and it performs normally again only for it to start slowing down again within 5 minutes of playing.

ReBurn

Gold Member

Friday was the first time I played Forza Horizon for 360 and I was impressed with how good it looks. I had fun playing it.

I had to turn off assists, though. If I set a waypoint and chose to not follow the drive line it would attempt to turn the car at really sharp angles and make me spin out. I assume it did this on the 360 as well.

Drat, I just got the horrific slowdown when playing NiGHTS which has always been perfect in the past.

I'm hoping that the new dashboard update rolls through to us non preview folks soon. This isn't just affecting new titles.

BigLee74

The last dashboard update...the anniversary one...introduced the bug that causes the stuttering in some BC titles. It's not just limited to Forza H and Bayonetta. I personally got it in Alan Wake (which had prior to the anniversary update been working great). Microsoft are aware, and are fixing it.

Brakara

While waiting for the groups update (and BC fix), I've gotten the 450 MB Cortana update three times in a row. It's like every update now is groundhog day.

Zeta Oni

Wonder what the chances are we will see previously Japanese exclusive 360 games like No More Heroes end up BC and region free.

There's quite a few titles I always wanted to try, just never owned a Japanese Xbox 360. In particular the Phantom Breaker games, CLANNAD, and the onechanbara game we never got as well.

amdb00mer

Wonder what the chances are we will see previously Japanese exclusive 360 games like No More Heroes end up BC and region free.

There's quite a few titles I always wanted to try, just never owned a Japanese Xbox 360. In particular the Phantom Breaker games, CLANNAD, and the onechanbara game we never got as well.

I would buy it and the Monster Hunter games day one.

xrnzaaas

Hm, since I installed the 1000 Club DLC for Forza Horizon 1 I'm expiercing occasional stuttering (it's like the game skips a few frames). I assume it's when the game is trying to save a challenge and fails because of the unstable servers? Anyone else getting this? I don't think it's my Xbox, especially since I've tried hard restarts, I don't have any downloads or apps running in the background and I don't have similar problems in FH2 or FM6.

jesu

Forza Rewards has been a weekly thing for at least a year now, if not way longer. You can redeem credits every Friday now, which I've been doing practically all year this year. I should, therefore, have at least 500K. If they don't stack retrospectively, I shouldn't have had more than 20K, since I just started playing FH1 after it became BC.

I just installed Forza Hub on my PC and got 1.2 million credits for Horizon and FM4!
So they might have fixed it now.

MrToast

I know its been past the date that Crackdown 2 was supposedly meant to get the treatment for backwards compatibility, however if its happening soon, would it not be likely that the 1st one would also get it at the same time? Or do you guys think that its likely that it could be remastered with the newest crackdown or only get a simultaneous release alongside it?

xrnzaaas

I just installed Forza Hub on my PC and got 1.2 million credits for Horizon and FM4!
So they might have fixed it now.

Forza HUB is another unnecessary app, you can also track progress and redeem rewards from rewards.forzamotorsport.net. Anyway the entire rewards system is not working flawlessly, in my case the current gamerscore in all Forza games I own wasn't updated in more than a week now (or maybe even two weeks, lost track).

ss_lemonade

Anyone know why the xbox one store keeps crashing on me when viewing the backwards compatible titles section? The most I could do is view 1 game lol. The moment I hit B to return to the main listing, there's a 99% chance the xbox one will close the whole store and bring me back to the main dashboard menu. I even tried restarting the xbox and it made no difference.

Also, why is that page extremely slow and sluggish? It's like the console doesn't want me browsing that section

Alright, I see Deadly Premonition is on sale this week for Gold members. What does it take to make Deadly Premonition backwards compatible on Xbox One?

I'm not usually about bumping this thread for this stuff, but let me live; I'm that guy and DP is available on PC, but I want it on Xbox One.

statham

Alright, I see Deadly Premonition is on sale this week for Gold members. What does it take to make Deadly Premonition backwards compatible on Xbox One?

I'm not usually about bumping this thread for this stuff, but let me live; I'm that guy and DP is available on PC, but I want it on Xbox One.

I've tried everything to make DP play with a controller.(on PC) , tweets and all.. And somehow its just my set up, but I would kill R dott B for this to be BC.

I want all the 360 exclusive Japanese games to becomes BC. Seeing Deadly Premonition go on sale on Live has me thirsty.

There were many Japanese (even American) released games that never made it to Europe...

That said, I enjoyed Deadly Premonition very much and I'd not mind to take another ride ^^ That part at the end-ish of the game when
when you take control of the killer with Amazing Grace playing
was a moment I really would like to experience again

No More Heroes, Culdcept Saga, Operation Darkness.... many games I wanted to play on my 360 and I couldn't because I was living in Europe

Every now and again I get a jonesing to play some Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Both the Sonic All-Stars Racing games on 360 were pretty great and now and again I just wanna throw it in and kill some time with a few races. Unfortunately, no such luck on Xbox One, and I highly doubt Sega will ever make a new one for the current gen systems.

Backlogger

So many of the LEGO games on sale this week I'm probably drop some cash. I bought LEGO Batman 2 last night and hope that goes BC like the first one did.

Do we know anything about Harry Potter going BC? I saw that PS4 is getting a remastered bundled version of the HP LEGO games but not Xbox.

SimonM7

I want Virtual-On Force.

I mean, I already have it... but I want other people to buy it too.

Holy crap I totally forgot that was out on XBLA and that I have it. :O

I think I bought it and then literally never played it, because I had toss all to play it with. Man. What a Long Kiss Goodnight moment I just had.

Synth

Holy crap I totally forgot that was out on XBLA and that I have it. :O

I think I bought it and then literally never played it, because I had toss all to play it with. Man. What a Long Kiss Goodnight moment I just had.

From the sounds of it, you have Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram (AKA Virtual On 2). Virtual-On Force (aka Virtual On 4) was also released in asian markets exclusively on 360 for some reason that I can't make sense of (same for VO:OT actually). I have a physical copy, and also bought a digital copy off the HK storefront for about £10. Being the genius I am though, I then forgot all the details to that account, and so it's gone forever, lol.

I also have VO:OT, but if you've literally never played it, you probably don't want me as your sole opponent starting out. :p

SimonM7

From the sounds of it, you have Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram (AKA Virtual On 2). Virtual-On Force (aka Virtual On 4) was also released in asian markets exclusively on 360 for some reason that I can't make sense of (same for VO:OT actually). I have a physical copy, and also bought a digital copy off the HK storefront for about £10. Being the genius I am though, I then forgot all the details to that account, and so it's gone forever, lol.

I also have VO:OT, but if you've literally never played it, you probably don't want me as your sole opponent starting out. :p

Haha, I did think it sounded somewhat unfamiliar! But yeah, I played the first one on Saturn a lot, and was so excited when VOOT (now I totally remember, VOOT VOOT!) came out on XBLA, I bought it out of reflex.

Top Bottom