• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

splattered

So for some reason I could have sworn I've read that you could pop the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection in the Xbox One and download all of the specific Genesis games that are currently BC...

Ordered it online, waited two weeks for it to arrive only to pop it in the Xbox One and see a message stating that the game is not supported? :(

I tried installing the disc, going to the store page for each current BC title to see if I could get it to install from there, playing on 360 to see if having an existing save might in some way help (?)

Nada.

Am I crazy in thinking I could pull this off through the collection disc or did they patch it to no longer work or something?

So for some reason I could have sworn I've read that you could pop the Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection in the Xbox One and download all of the specific Genesis games that are currently BC...

Ordered it online, waited two weeks for it to arrive only to pop it in the Xbox One and see a message stating that the game is not supported? :(

I tried installing the disc, going to the store page for each current BC title to see if I could get it to install from there, playing on 360 to see if having an existing save might in some way help (?)

Nada.

Am I crazy in thinking I could pull this off through the collection disc or did they patch it to no longer work or something?

Some of the Namco and MS-published XBLA collections do allow this, but that disc has a separate set of emulations that differ from the standalone XBLA ones.

splattered

Some of the Namco and MS-published XBLA collections do allow this, but that disc has a separate set of emulations that differ from the standalone XBLA ones.

Shoot... well is there maybe a list of the collection discs that do actually work?

I tried to google about this Sonic one and didn't get too many results :/

josh924

Banned
I have a question about Forza Horizon; where the hell are my Forza Rewards credits? I figure I should have at least half a mil worth of credits by now, and that's assuming they expire. In the time that FH has been BC, though, I've only received about 60K credits, which is only 3 weeks worth (I've been redeeming them pretty much every week this year so far).

Shoot... well is there maybe a list of the collection discs that do actually work?

I tried to google about this Sonic one and didn't get too many results :/

Here are some at least:

I have a bunch of XBLA compilation discs and the results on getting them to be recognized has been mixed.

Dreamcast Collection - Recognized
Crazy Taxi

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - Not Recognized
Pac-Man Championship Edition

Popcap Arcade Hits Vol. 2 - Recognized
Feeding Frenzy 2
Heavy Weapon

Qubed - Not Recognized
Lumines Live

Xbox Live Arcade Compilation Disc - Recognized
Feeding Frenzy
Pac-Man Championship Edition

Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Vol. 1 - Not recognized
Bejeweled 2
Hardwood Backgammon

naitosan

That's weird about some users posting about slow down or choppy performance on some BC games. I've been playing Forza Horizon for over 40 hours and it has been running very solid 30 fps. Execpt Forza server being a bit wonky.

It may be users' side but I always do this whenever I experience any performance related issues with BC games:

1. Pause any downloads in background
2. Close all apps or games
3. Do dashboard refresh LT + RT + Y
4. Disable instant-on startup
5. Do hard reboot (press and hold Xbox button on console for 10 seconds) **really important if you're on preview program**
6. Clear 360 cache
7. Profit

I'm on preview program so maybe current build fixed BC performance issue so I don't know.

Novocaine

How do you clear 360 cache? I haven't had any need to yet but it would be nice to know how.

Also Arkanoid is showing up for me but it says not available in my region if I try to buy. Anyone else getting the same?

amdb00mer

I finally got the update late last night. I have not had a chance to test FH1 or Bayo after the update. I will test them later today. The update was huge, but that's because it also had the new create a group/find a group feature for preview members.

muzzymate

Wow! I hope the backwards compatibility update in preview comes soon publicly. While I didn't have a problem with Forza Horizon, it sure is rearing it's ugly head in Bayonetta. After a reboot, I would have moments of seemingly 60 fps bliss followed by slideshow levels of performance during gameplay. Yikes!

Backlogger

Just saw that they are releasing a LEGO Harry Potter collection on PS4. Makes me wonder if Tt is going to go the route of remasters now instead of just making their games BC.

LEGO Star Wars 3 was announced a while ago.

Akoi

Wow! I hope the backwards compatibility update in preview comes soon publicly. While I didn't have a problem with Forza Horizon, it sure is rearing it's ugly head in Bayonetta. After a reboot, I would have moments of seemingly 60 fps bliss followed by slideshow levels of performance during gameplay. Yikes!

Same here man, BC is sorta a mess right now without it.

statham

clearing the 360 cache on XBO, made a HUGE difference for me. Forza was unplayable until I did that. Thanks to whoever suggested it.

So I only played Arkanoid Live for a little bit yesterday but it ran perfect. I was really worried since that is one of those games where slowdown and lag would be very noticeable.

ElNino

I have a question about Forza Horizon; where the hell are my Forza Rewards credits? I figure I should have at least half a mil worth of credits by now, and that's assuming they expire. In the time that FH has been BC, though, I've only received about 60K credits, which is only 3 weeks worth (I've been redeeming them pretty much every week this year so far).
I have the same thing happen. I should have a lot of credits to claim, but I've got two so far as well. Meanwhile, I booted up Horizon 2 after not playing for a few months and pages of credits there to claim.

Lima

Forza rewards is all fucked up on the Xbox One anyway due to the server issues still but this is not because of that.

The rewards behavior was different for the 360 Forza games. You always had to redeem it and then claim it before the month was over (before they switched to the weekly payout), if you didn't the money from the previous month was gone.
This was only changed for the Xbox One Forza games where they stack up in your inbox as long as you redeemed them through the site.

amdb00mer

Holy crap! Forza Horizon and Bayonetta play so much smoother after that huge preview update. Gonna check out Halo Reach later and see if there is any improvement there.

jesu

The Traitor's Keep Story DLC for Fable III is currently free for some reason.
https://marketplace.xbox.com/Produc...est-Pack/9cd8f238-a93e-4ef1-bad2-758e66c328e0

Excellent, cheers.
It's got 250GS too.

Well it's 20k a month you get for Horizon, not per week.
I take it you played it back then on the 360?
You won't get retrospectively if you haven't.

EffEmmGee

ROFL.... there is still slow down! but not like before...!

Not had any myself in the hours I've put in since the update, so that "ROFL" is somewhat uncalled for.

Is it really too hard to believe that someone may be having a different or better experience than your own?

ROFL.... there is still slow down! but not like before...!

IME, after the latest preview update, FH1 runs as smooth as the original hardware. I've almost completed the full game and Bayo has been a significantly better experience than the original X360 runs I've done...especially because there is no screen tearing which was a regular occurrence on original hardware.

amdb00mer

Not had any myself in the hours I've put in since the update, so that "ROFL" is somewhat uncalled for.

Is it really too hard to believe that someone may be having a different or better experience than your own?

I guess so for some people. The rofl was not needed. I know some people when FH1 was first released could not playing it at all and others could play for 2 hours before it kicked in.

SimonM7

I've played three levels, and yeah, no noticeable slowdown in Bayonetta any more. It gets considerably more bonkers later on so we'll see how it holds up then, but so far it's really solid.

If you're in the preview program be sure to go to settings, system, updates, and check for update. Hopefully it goes out to everyone soon.

Does update this fix any other titles in addition to FH and Bayo?

josh924

Banned
Well it's 20k a month you get for Horizon, not per week.
I take it you played it back then on the 360?
You won't get retrospectively if you haven't.

Forza Rewards has been a weekly thing for at least a year now, if not way longer. You can redeem credits every Friday now, which I've been doing practically all year this year. I should, therefore, have at least 500K. If they don't stack retrospectively, I shouldn't have had more than 20K, since I just started playing FH1 after it became BC.

cireza

I have tried Bayonetta, but I have some pretty bad slowdowns.

Already emptied the 360 cache.

Previous page, someone was talking of a dashboard update, but I guess I don't have access to this ? I am not a preview member.

01DragonFly

I have tried Bayonetta, but I have some pretty bad slowdowns.

Already emptied the 360 cache.

Previous page, someone was talking of a dashboard update, but I guess I don't have access to this ? I am not a preview member.

Preview member got a new update 2 days ago. Solved the issues I was having with FH1, played for a few hours yesterday with 0 issues.

Backward Compatibility
This build contains a fix to address stuttering and framerate issues in backward compatible games.

jesu

Forza Rewards has been a weekly thing for at least a year now, if not way longer. You can redeem credits every Friday now, which I've been doing practically all year this year. I should, therefore, have at least 500K. If they don't stack retrospectively, I shouldn't have had more than 20K, since I just started playing FH1 after it became BC.

Really?
Shit, I've been logging in at the start of every month still!

Top Bottom