• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

EffEmmGee

Someone on the Preview Forum wrote that Forza Horizon is completely fixed now.

But I don´t know if he had problems in the first place ...

In the two hours or so that I just spent on it, it ran flawlessly, that was in a variety of cars, across a number of events, and also seeking out Barn Finds. I had previously had some stuttering issues, after it initially ran fine.

The only slight hiccup I had at one point was when all the radio stations went dead, but that was fixed with a quit out to the title screen.

amdb00mer

Sadly this is a very limited release.

So we need someone who reads this thread, got into the limited group and was experiencing the FH1 slowdowns :)

I'll test out FH1 again when I get home after work. I'm in the NXE preview (the preview within the preview??).
It usually runs great, but every once in a while stuttering does pop up. I did my own test and opened multiple apps, but did not highlight them and select quit. I then opened Groove and ran it in the background for music (yes FH1 has a great OST already, this was just a test). I was able to play the game for over an hour before a stutter popped up. So I don't think it is an issue with apps not being force closed. My money is on a recent bug to the emulator. Since not all games have the most recent emulator update it could be why some games still run fine.

Chitown B

In the mood for Costume Quest, I would love to have that come to the Xbox One, the 2nd one was ok but I love the first one especially this time of year.

Same. Seems like a no-brainer.

Still no update for me. Checked this morning.

The preview forums had the message that it should be forced on 9/7 at 2PM, yet it wasn't.

• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 2:00 PM PDT 9/7/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

Cool that Bayonetta is now BC, but that's not so exciting for me with Bayonetta available this gen on Wii U w/ good performance and extra content. I'd appreciate a Platinum/Sega game like Vanquish, exclusive to last gen consoles, being brought forward.

josh924

Banned
I've been waiting for a sale or price drop on Arkanoid Live for years now. I should probably wait to see if it's on sale next week.

Arkanoid Live!

OMG this is such great news. I have been really wanting to play a block breaker game again recently and the one that came out for XB1 isnt very good.

SimonM7

Bayonetta has some weird random framerate drops, and by the time you get to the courtyard in the second level, I don't think it's ever at 60.

So move along, 360 and Wii U owners, basically. Shame. :(

LTWheels

Bayonetta has some weird random framerate drops, and by the time you get to the courtyard in the second level, I don't think it's ever at 60.

So move along, 360 and Wii U owners, basically. Shame. :(

It was never a solid 60 on the 360, and I don't think Wii U either. If I remember it quite often dips (around the 40-50 mark?)

I'm in the preview thing and I've been playing Forza Horizon all day and haven't had a single stutter (but had been having them occasionally before the update) so ya looks like they've sorted it! :D

Man I didn't even know there was an Arkanoid game on 360 lol, I would have wanted it! Now I want it even more because of BC! Between VC and XBLA, last gen had so much stuff, was really cool.

Bayonetta is cool but irrelevant for me now as a Wii U owner of it.

PaulLFC

Are the Forza servers generally shit, or has FH1 being backwards compatible just overloaded them (surely not)? Anything online in the game (marketplace, leaderboards etc) is basically unusable.

m23

Are the Forza servers generally shit, or has FH1 being backwards compatible just overloaded them (surely not)? Anything online in the game (marketplace, leaderboards etc) is basically unusable.

I was actually having some issues yesterday while playing Horizon 2. This is probably the first time I've had issues in a long time.

PaulLFC

I was actually having some issues yesterday while playing Horizon 2. This is probably the first time I've had issues in a long time.
I thought I didn't remember these type of issues when playing FH2 previously.

Hopefully everything is sorted in time for FH3 in a couple of weeks at the very least.

SimonM7

It was never a solid 60 on the 360, and I don't think Wii U either. If I remember it quite often dips (around the 40-50 mark?)

I know, and I was hoping that this would hit a constant 60, but it's worse than the 360 version. It even has the odd moment in the very first fight (not the falling rocks, prelude-y fight; the other one with the tutorial) where it just slows to a crawl.

It may be performing close to the same in actuality, but it used to slice those frames pretty hard, and now it's vsynced.

kingkaiser

Bayonetta performs better on the Xbox 360 than it does on PS3 or Wii U

That's just plain wrong

Digital Foundry said:
How does the Wii U stack up against Xbox 360 then? To put it simply: very favourably. In fact, while it's difficult to nail down a 1:1 comparison due to the game's chaotic nature, similar sequences actually suggest slightly faster overall performance on Wii U. Coupling a slightly higher frame-rate with the elimination of screen-tear results in a smoother experience overall.

muzzymate

Is Bayonetta running well on the XB1?

I've got a Twitch stream pulled up that claims to be from the Xbox One. No noticeable issues, but again that's thru Twitch's limitations.

I'll be looking for some first hand accounts or Digital Foundry's eye and if it's acceptable, then I'll be buying immediately. It's one of the ten games on my list of 360 games to buy if they ever go BC.

shandy706

You guys should just make it a rule by default to hard reset (restart from the options popout) the console before playing a BC game.

Nearly every game runs better/flawlessly that way.

Moofers

I bought Soul Calibur II HD for $5 a couple days ago and its the best BC game money can buy, dammit. Still on sale for that price as of this posting.

GWX

About the slowdowns: I don't have Preview installed myself, but I saw in the Preview thread the other day a patch note which mentioned improved performance for backwards compatibility. Hopefully it means the end of them, as they really are hindering my return to the first Horizon (coupled with the server issues).

Played through to the beginning of chapter three in vanilla form and it felt fine aside from some minor audio crackling. No more screen tearing really helps, too. Forgot how great-looking the game is.

Top Bottom