• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Not sure how many in the audience would clap for Too Human, but I would at least.

I actually enjoyed it, and on a more history-related note, I never want see any game get left behind, playable only on the system is was originally made for.

Just imagine how many game are already forever lost, trapped by lack of documentation, by lack of interest, by lack of copies, or my least favorite, because of legal reasons?

It sucks.

I generally agree, but Too Human has some extraordinarily unique and specific circumstances preventing it from ever seeing the light of day again. It's going to remain playable only on 360 or via some form of non-MS sanctioned emulation of 360.

Zeta Oni

They would have to be pretty big titles to spare E3 time for.

Perhaps MW2, Fable anniversary, and some Halo games?

Hmm, well here's the games MS published last-gen that we still don't have:

Project Gotham Racing 3 & 4
Ninety Nine Nights 1 & 2
Tenchu Z
Forza Motorsports 3 & 4
Crackdown 1 & 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Fable: Anniversary
Ninja Blade
Project Slypheed
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom\
Marlow Briggs

And this is without getting into arcade titles.

Next, we got a look at some of the companies in support of Game Pass:

2K, 505 Games
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
Capcom
Codemasters
Deep Silver
Focus Home Interactive
SEGA
SNK CORPORATION
THQ Nordic GmbH
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Microsoft Studios

Notice how all of those devs have several titles we are all waiting on?

jussayin...

I generally agree, but Too Human has some extraordinarily unique and specific circumstances preventing it from ever seeing the light of day again. It's going to remain playable only on 360 or via some form of non-MS sanctioned emulation of 360.

True, the Too Human situation is really an odd one. Just hope we see a playable 360 emulator on PC sooner rather than later. Bonus point if MS releases theirs on W10 and someone finds a way to mod it.

Fox Mulder

I wonder how many delisted titles or content can still be acquired through codes.

I found out last night that GameStop website still sells the season pass for forza horizon. Still totally works and I got the rally expansion.

Gonna jump into that when I'm done with the horizon 3 hot wheels expansion.

I wish Larry would tweet something out on Monday when they're not going to have anything on Tuesday or Thursday.

Like, Monday Night...."Here are the Deals of the Week (link). Oh, and no BC releases this week."
It would save us all the trouble of waiting for announcements every Tuesday and Thursday.

I wish Larry would tweet something out on Monday when they're not going to have anything on Tuesday or Thursday.

Like, Monday Night...."Here are the Deals of the Week (link). Oh, and no BC releases this week."

But then they won't sell as many games on sale that week by teasing the chance of BC.

Backlogger

I kind of get it with how badly they are treated no matter what they do. I'm obviously in a completely different industry but our clients are always pressing us for ETAs and dates on things and it doesn't matter how much we tell them "this is just an estimate, it has to past testing" etc, etc. they always get mad at us for not having something live on the date we estimated. It could be that they had stuff planned for this week but when it got to the last day or two they decided they needed another week to finish testing on something.

Might be safer for them to just not say anything than be wrong about what they say.

right?
look how sick this game still is online
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9sfaE44jn0&feature=youtu.be
Godzhand_punching_pimps_lmao_Ranked_PTP_2017.gif

What exactly is going on in this gif?

I kind of get it with how badly they are treated no matter what they do. I'm obviously in a completely different industry but our clients are always pressing us for ETAs and dates on things and it doesn't matter how much we tell them "this is just an estimate, it has to past testing" etc, etc. they always get mad at us for not having something live on the date we estimated. It could be that they had stuff planned for this week but when it got to the last day or two they decided they needed another week to finish testing on something.

Might be safer for them to just not say anything than be wrong about what they say.

I know that one, they ignore all the cravats and hear what they want to hear. Worst of all, I was the one relaying the dates from different vendors and so naturally it was my fault the estimated dates were missed. Gotta learn to pad that schedule becuse when stuff does come in on time it's early due to the padding and you look great.

Gestault

I'm hoping they use the sale to let people catch up on the backlog of titles that were on sale shortly before being added to BC. Ideally, there'll be a handful of "new" BC titles to headline it, as much as the obvious candidates like BO2 and RDR.

They want to keep users engaged with their social media outlets throughout the week, so that's not going to happen.

tootie923

I hope Quantum Conundrum gets added to the list soon. I just bought that recently and it's pretty much the only XBLA game I have that isn't BC.

They did. If I recall it's no worse than running on the 360, but Blighttown still isn't great.

I've only played via BC so I can't compare to native 360... Blightown is pretty bad, but perfectly playable if you take your time.

Some areas with a fire effect also cause slowdown, so any dragons or firebombs!

Playing it on BC is way way better than not playing it at all IMHO, but I'm sure the PC version is the best if you can (DSfix and multiplayer tools).

Jawmuncher

I went through the currently backwards compatible list and was surprised to see not much there was in the way of being in my backlog. Outside Hard Corps Uprising, everything else I've beaten back on 360.

For the upcoming sales only Soul Caliber 1 & 2 really stuck out to me. Since I'm always down for some more fighting games for when friends come over. Better than lugging out the older systems.

muzzymate

Mount Your Friends is on 360 right? We need that to be BC.

Totally agree, but has any of the Xbox Live Indie Games program titles been made available as backwards compatible? While we are at it, bring on I Made a Game with Zombies In It & One Finger Death Punch.

MarveI

Could Ninja Gaiden Black be made into BC ? Isn't that one a bit different from other OGXbox games that you could use that CD to play on your 360 and you can even buy it from the xbox store.

But strangely you can't buy NG2 from the xbox store ? I wanted to buy it digitally but couldn't find it. Yet NGB is there. Weird.

Could Ninja Gaiden Black be made into BC ? Isn't that one a bit different from other OGXbox games that you could use that CD to play on your 360 and you can even buy it from the xbox store.

But strangely you can't buy NG2 from the xbox store ? I wanted to buy it digitally but couldn't find it. Yet NGB is there. Weird.
Nope. The digital Xbox original games are just the discs packaged as Games on Demand format files the 360 reads from. It's exactly the same if you were to run it from the disc.

Tsukumo

Just FYI, since Alan Wake is going to be removed tomorrow I went to purchase the dlcs (the Writer, the Signal) and they were both free. Grab them while you can.

Kill3r7

Just FYI, since Alan Wake is going to be removed tomorrow I went to purchase the dlcs (the Writer, the Signal) and they were both free. Grab them while you can.

Also for anyone who is still looking to buy a copy of the game, check out any of the traditional grey site key sellers (CDKeys or gamedaily). They should have it for $4.

mclem

I wonder if you can still download Alan Wake with a physical disc even if it's removed; I'm not clear if BC is legally regarded as a new use of an existing purchase or purchasing a new product that happens to be free. IYSWIM.

Chris1

I wonder if you can still download Alan Wake with a physical disc even if it's removed; I'm not clear if BC is legally regarded as a new use of an existing purchase or purchasing a new product that happens to be free. IYSWIM.
You will be able to.

meirl

Banned

of course you Can.

Fox Mulder

Yes, and existing digital codes out there will still work.

Did MS say anything about XBLIGs in general since the last time they vaguely commented on them?

As I remember (without checking) they did make a statement that they were looking to preserve them when they ended the service. People speculated they might be moved to part of the Windows store. I don't think they are a high priority for MSFT.

Top Bottom