• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

I heard that you can, but only in an actual Xbox 360, not on an Xbox One or on the web store. I have not been able to confirm this, since I don't have on any more.

I can confirm this is mostly true. HOWEVER, it seems while on One and web store, all Microsoft cards are the same, on the 360, only money from Xbox cards show up.

gloone

Since there's never any people online in Bomberman Live I decided to buy Bomberman Live: Battlefest now that it's on sale.

There's no people playing that either. :(

Ravi_elite

Banned
The first seal of the apocalypse has now been broken.

red ring incoming
rod.jpg

EmiPrime

Since there's never any people online in Bomberman Live I decided to buy Bomberman Live: Battlefest now that it's on sale.

There's no people playing that either. :(

I bought it along with about 20 other games.

BC GAF matches at the weekend? My gamertag is my GAF handle. Would be good to get at least 4 players.

so if some OG Xbox games did find its way to the XB1/Scorpio during an E3 announcement, would you prefer rebooted versions ala Ratchet And Clank movie PS4 or just ports with higher res/boost mode etc

Synth

so if some OG Xbox games did find its way to the XB1/Scorpio during an E3 announcement, would you prefer rebooted versions ala Ratchet And Clank movie PS4 or just ports with higher res/boost mode etc

I'd prefer simple ports tbh. I'd be more interested in quantity when it comes to making the OG Xbox library available, so the less obstacles for each title the better.

bede-x

I'd prefer simple ports tbh. I'd be more interested in quantity when it comes to making the OG Xbox library available, so the less obstacles for each title the better.

Same here. If they could find a way to make it work like 360 BC does now, with as many releases and allowing us to use discs, it would be tremendous value to me.

LewieP

Same here. If they could find a way to make it work like 360 BC does now, with as many releases and allowing us to use discs, it would be tremendous value to me.

If they ever do it, I doubt discs would be covered, but they'd probably honour "Xbox Original" purchases from Xbox live on Xbox 360, at least for cases where a game was available on both services.

If they ever do it, I doubt discs would be covered, but they'd probably honour "Xbox Original" purchases from Xbox live on Xbox 360, at least for cases where a game was available on both services.

Of course they would allow discs, they'll probably support virtual machine emulation like the 360 emulator so you'll be downloading the whole thing anyway. It's Sony that don't allow you to stick old discs in.

Reviving the original Xbox physical market would be hilarious(ly awesome!).

Suddenly you're seeing WORKS ON SCORPIO! stickers on pre-owned Panzer Dragoon Orta and Otogi cases next to Forza 7 and Crackdown 3 in game stores.

For a 600% markup over what they were worth the month before.

I'd have fun digging through all my boxes finding my old games. XD

deadfolk

Reviving the original Xbox physical market would be hilarious(ly awesome!).

Suddenly you're seeing WORKS ON SCORPIO! stickers on pre-owned Panzer Dragoon Orta and Otogi cases next to Forza 7 and Crackdown 3 in game stores.

For a 600% markup over what they were worth the month before.

I'd have fun digging through all my boxes finding my old games. XD

I've still got like a million OG Xbox discs hanging around (I counted). Yes please to this.

Was just playing the new Lara Croft game from GWG and thought about the original, I was very shocked to see that isn't BC yet! How odd.

Get on that MS! Also Ninja Blade.

Thank you.

Lettuce

Whats the deal with Tekken tag tournament 2 and the Tekken Tunes, didnt the XBox 360 receive the PSX remix versions of the Tekken 1-3 audio tracks? As looking on the marketplace there only seems to be 'bonus tracks' for each of the first 3 tekken games and none of them included the PSX remixed versions of the tracks!?

Zeta Oni

All ill say is:

We know Crackdown 1 & 2 will almost certainly be at E3 for Crackdown 3, probably as a pre-order perk similar to what was done with Gears of War 4.

So the question is will they release anymore in these coming weeks or hold them now that E3 and especially Game Pass is around the corner? We are 2 weeks without a single game at this point.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Off the top of my head, (at work) I beilieve that it's an activision title. Which kinda explains it..

Edit: saber interactive and sierra

So I have no clue then...

Xbox Store shows Vivendi Universal Games as the publisher.

Edit: Ah, that was back then. Sierra and blablabla and now Activision, lol

Top Bottom