• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://wccftech.com/backward-compatibility-team-army-testers/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

We have an army of testers. They will go through and kind of, games go through these different phases of well, we ingested the binary and now we can make an emulated version of it. Then we run it for a while and capture some data about it. Then we have what we think is a shippable build and then we have them play through the entire game, start to finish, kind of trying to find every corner, make sure everything works and how they do that both on an Xbox One and the Xbox One X. Then as we get closer there are some more checks before we ship but there are a large number of people whose job is to play through these games over and over.​
If you wanted to see what it looked like originally, one thing we’ve seen a lot of people do is record comparisons of the graphics mode versus the performance mode. The other reason it’s in there is if there was a case where we aren’t able to maintain frame rate while running it, then our next enhanced version you could run at a higher frame rate potentially across all the games we shipped. There are basically no instances, I think there may be one or two corner cases where we don’t quite hold the frame rate running in the enhanced mode, but in terms of you just want to enjoy the game, we’re very careful to make sure that if we’re shipping an enhanced version, it keeps its frame rate and graphics mode is what you should be playing in.​
The army of testers has found one or two scenes where you look a certain direction and it slows down, but just playing through the game you’re unlikely to find that.​

Last edited:

Allandor

I'm still waiting for Lego Harry Potter. Is it realistic that it comes out at any point, or has sony the exclusive harry potter rights since the PS3 release of this harry potter move game.
My son and I really want to play this game, but … well the xb360 is no longer in my living room.

Gander

Banned
I still have a PS4 and functioning Xbox 360 and most of my games for it are digital download. I don't think moving on to a Xbox One will every be practical for me.

RPGCrazied

As a new Xbox One owner, this pleases me. I wish Sony would wake the fuck up and let us do this with PS2 games or at least PS3 games. I just got Alan Wake, Blue Dragon and Red Dead Redemption. I will pray for Tales of Vesperia to be added everyday!

Last edited:

Lort

Banned
I still have a PS4 and functioning Xbox 360 and most of my games for it are digital download. I don't think moving on to a Xbox One will every be practical for me.

If you care about your xbox 360 games it is very practical. You boot up the xbox one s which is almost as cheap as a 360 now and you get almost all your games running better and a quieter console with 4k blue ray. In Aus u can get one for $aud 200 new sometimes .. a second hand 360 still goes for about $100.

KAOS

My wish list continues to be...

Asura's Wrath
Max Payne 3
Otogi 2
Jet Set Future
Magatama
Kung Fu Chaos
Pacific Rim (Arcade)
Outrun (Arcade)
Afterburner (Arcade)
Senko No Ronde
Project Sylpheed
Remember Me
Anarchy Reigns
Metal Wolf Chaos

Mattyp

Gold Member
what type of game is Saint Row, is it like GTA and Sleeping Dogs?

Think absolute mayhem version of GTA while you run around slapping people with Dildos. Saints Row actually stole a lot of the line light last gen after GTA4 dating and darts sim. I just fear the graphics will have dated a bit to much to be completely enjoyable as it was on launch.

My wish list continues to be...
Kung Fu Chaos

My man.

i wish BC on xboxone was viable to me; but almost none of my 60 something 360 games are part of the program and probably never will. i love the idea of it because I've always had bad luck with 360 consoles (i had 7 of them red ring on me ) but it'll remain a pipe-dream for me most likely.

CRAIG667

i wish BC on xboxone was viable to me; but almost none of my 60 something 360 games are part of the program and probably never will. i love the idea of it because I've always had bad luck with 360 consoles (i had 7 of them red ring on me ) but it'll remain a pipe-dream for me most likely.

Weird.

What are your top 10 games you'd like to see dude?

EBE

Ninja Blade
Infinite Undiscovery
Kingdom UnderFire Circle of Doom
Bullet Witch
Tenchu Z
N3 Ninety Nine Nights
N3 2
The Last Remnant
Magna Carta 2
Phantasy Star Universe
Shittier games than these have made it onto the program. *Looks disapprovingly at list* Have hope

Ninja Blade
Infinite Undiscovery
Kingdom UnderFire Circle of Doom
Bullet Witch
Tenchu Z
N3 Ninety Nine Nights
N3 2
The Last Remnant
Magna Carta 2
Phantasy Star Universe

Good list. I want most of those as well. The 360 gen was great particularly when MS was pushing for a more diverse lineup of games rather that just doubling down on more US-centric games. I'd say that there's a good chance that at least a few of them will be coming.

I just picked up Dead Space 1 and Portal 2 tonight. Fight Night Champion just arrived in the post. I'm going to pick up a few more games at the end of the week. My Xbox 360 game library has grown massively since the BC program started. I'm going to have to get a new shelving system soon :D.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

Why are the holding out on Tales of Vesperia? They've done Blue Dragon and Lost Odessey. Makes no sense unless Namco plans to rerelease the game? I guess Tale of Festival or E3 might shed some light. If nothing then there really is no excuse not to.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why are the holding out on Tales of Vesperia? They've done Blue Dragon and Lost Odessey. Makes no sense unless Namco plans to rerelease the game? I guess Tale of Festival or E3 might shed some light. If nothing then there really is no excuse not to.

This is also my most-wanted game for BC

With the OG Xbox version of San Andreas coming next week (in addition to the 360 version), I wonder if this means that we'll be getting another batch of OG Xbox titles announced then as well. It'd certainly create a good vibe leading into E3 week.

CaptainABAB

It's both versions???

It's not clear. The press release says:

"Both the original Xbox release and the Xbox 360 version of San Andreas will be backward compatible. Save games from the original Xbox version will not transfer, however owners of that version will get the upgraded Xbox 360 version of the game, featuring higher resolution, enhanced draw distances, and Achievements."

YoshiMax

With the OG Xbox version of San Andreas coming next week (in addition to the 360 version), I wonder if this means that we'll be getting another batch of OG Xbox titles announced then as well. It'd certainly create a good vibe leading into E3 week.

I’ve no doubt wave 3 of OG titles is coming at E3. JSRF and Monkey Ball and I’ll be a pig in shit

Breakage

Ninja Gaiden II turns 10 years old in a couple of days (June 3). Makes me wonder if Tecmo will finally give it the green light.

I really want:

Jet Set Radio Future(with 4k patch if at all possible)
Otogi 1/2
Baldur's Gate 2: Dark Alliance
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Stubbs The Zombie
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Honestly, I've been really satisfied with what they've done so far, just a few minor games left that I'd like to play.

Barakov

I really want:

Jet Set Radio Future(with 4k patch if at all possible)
Otogi 1/2
Baldur's Gate 2: Dark Alliance
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Stubbs The Zombie
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Honestly, I've been really satisfied with what they've done so far, just a few minor games left that I'd like to play.
We all do, my friend. We all do.

seriously pisses me off that they aren't including Max Payne 3 on that damn list...wtf

On a more positive note: I'd say that it's a given now especially with Rockstar's recent showing of support for the BC program. It's just a matter when it will come out.

That said, I'm disappointed that Rockstar is forcably "upgrading" OG Xbox GTA San Andreas owners to the 360 version. They should be allowing the original to be emulated. The emulated OG Xbox version of San Andreas would run at a higher resolution than the standard 360 version as well on the Xbox One X. It's a genuine shame and a downer on an otherwise positive announcement.

Last edited:

Damon

I know its not gonna happen but GTA V backwards compatibility would be nice, I have no interest in buying GTA V again just to play it on Xbox One.

Kingdoms of Amalur, although again its unlikely to happen due to the mess Curt and Rhode Island made.

Last edited:

3rdman

Give me the rest of the exclusive Sega titles and Steel Battalions and I'll be happy. :p

Seriously though...JSRF, Otogi 1 and 2, Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2, and...Steel Battalions.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Unless they stop the BC programme it's bound to come sooner or later :)

I don't see them dropping the program any time soon. Last I heard, it's been a huge financial success for most of the companies putting up their offerings and Microsoft themselves have been doing the heavy lifting.

Demigod Mac

Would like to see the Dead or Alive series (3, Ultimate, 4).

It'd finally look like the impossibly clean bullshots Tecmo released during each game's launch.

doa08.jpg

still no project Gotham racing games

It's a gigantic ommission in the current line up for me. The series was synonymous with the platform for the first two gens of Xbox so it's a genuine shame that Microsoft and Activision seem to be completely ignorning them. I think that PGR is going to be lost to time and locked on the OG Xbox and 360 forever sadly. RIP Bizarre Creations :cry: All three entries in the series would look absolutely stunning running on the X.

Would like to see the Dead or Alive series (3, Ultimate, 4).

It'd finally look like the impossibly clean bullshots Tecmo released during each game's launch.

doa08.jpg

You're right; they'd look fantastic. Hopefully Microsoft can work something out there. I bought DoA 4 but never got around to playing it on my 360. I'd love to be able to revisit DoA 3 and try DoA 4 for the first time.

Last edited:

BBIAJ

Neo Member
GTa San Andreas and Midnight Club: Los Angeles have just gone on sale for 35% off, and Rockstar Table Tennis is currently 60% off, in this week's Xbox 360 Deals with Gold.

Top Bottom