• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

VulcanRaven

We already got Raiden and Peace Walker. The 360 versions of 2/3 from the HD collections are pretty crap from my memory. The sound is all screwed up. Best going with the PS3 version.
360 versions were great and the framerate was even better than on PS3. It had more stable 60fps. Also MGS2 Codec calls had to load longer to start on PS3. Only bad thing was that it had no pressure sensitive buttons.

Last edited:

Allandor

Assassin's Creed Liberation frame-rate is on average

~20% faster on the S.
~60% faster on the X. The X is the only console to hit 60 FPS at times in this game.

Well this is … why didn't they cap the framerate on the 360 version to 30... now I know why this game never felt fluent … but on the other hand, never liked this game it was just a cheap port on 360 of a not that good game.

I really hope we get some more x-enhanced AC games and maybe a x-patch for AC Black flag … that would be great.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I played AC Liberation and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

If you haven’t played it you may be surprised.

I did play it in the summer of 2014 so it may not hold up so well now.

Last edited:

Dural

But it looks like it was delisted, so I can't buy it digitally. At least not in my region.

Not sure what region you're in, but afaik it's never been available digitally in the USA. I'd love to be able to buy it digitally, though. One of my favorite racing games of last gen.

Not sure what region you're in, but afaik it's never been available digitally in the USA. I'd love to be able to buy it digitally, though. One of my favorite racing games of last gen.

Yep, could be. I'm in the same region (Canada).

The landing page (Canadian version) http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Pure/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802425607d9 is identical in format to other pages that have formerly digital releases that have been delisted.

As opposed to a game like Condemned 2 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Condemned-2-Bloodshot/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802534507ef that was never digital.

Either way, can't get it now.

This just rocked up today:

ssx3.png

I guess I know what I'll be playing this weekend on my X! :D

VG Tech: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Framerate Analysis:

Seriously impressive stuff. I'm wondering how the MS back compat team managed to unlock the 30fps frame rate lock on the Xbox 360 so that the X can hit 60fps most of the time (even the base Xbox One hits 60fps at times). If you haven't picked this one up yet, definitely do so; it's a brilliant game.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Seriously impressive stuff. I'm wondering how the MS back compat team managed to unlock the 30fps frame rate lock on the Xbox 360 so that the X can hit 60fps most of the time (even the base Xbox One hits 60fps at times). If you haven't picked this one up yet, definitely do so; it's a brilliant game.

That is impressive. ~90% faster on the X. ~50% faster on the S. Xbox One is now the best place to play this game.

Though the 360 version appears locked at 30 FPS, the 360 game does escape that limit at times(around the 4:34 mark of that video it goes above 30 FPS hitting a max of 38 FPS).

frogger

I remember this game. It was one of the late games on Xbox 360, graphically, it was seriously improved compared to early ghost recon games and it was pretty fun too.

Unity2012

It's hard to believe it's been this long. I remember being amazed with GRAW's graphics and the soldier's animations among other things. I had so much fun with this game. I'm definitely checking it out on the X.

Leonidas

I remember this game. It was one of the late games on Xbox 360, graphically, it was seriously improved compared to early ghost recon games and it was pretty fun too.

GRAW came out within the first 5 months of the 360s life(March 2006), I believe you're thinking of Future Soldier which came out 6 years later.

Thiagosc777

Bought both games a few months ago on eBay. Remember myself deciding with what version should I go - ps3 or xbox 360. Bought 360 for potential BC on One. Guess it was right decision.

I always pick up 360 games when I find them on sale for cheap. Even if they aren't BC, they will eventually be. Many I had bought have already been included, like Spec Ops: The Line, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Metal Gear Peace Walker, etc.

Pallas

I wouldn’t mind having Lollipop Chainsaw Massacre be backwards compatible, I still have the physical game but really never got around to play it much.

EBE

GRAW plays fantastic. What a treat.
I'm itching for someX Enhanced titles though. Hoping for Fable 2. I think it already looks pretty solid still but at 4k? It'd be a looker.

GRAW plays fantastic. What a treat.
I'm itching for someX Enhanced titles though. Hoping for Fable 2. I think it already looks pretty solid still but at 4k? It'd be a looker.

I'm hanging out for the another batch of Xbox One X enhanced updates too. Fable 2 in 4k would be brilliant. I'd also like some Obsidian RPG goodness in 4k as well (specifically: Fallout New Vegas and Alpha Protocol).

When was the last lot of X game updates and OG Xbox games added to the BC list? It feels like it was eons ago. I was definitely expecting something around E3.

SmokyDave

I’m digging BC because I can just impulse buy an old 360 game for £2, not worry about the disc condition, and then just chuck it in a draw when I’ve had my fun.

Man, I wish they’d add Import Tuner Challenge though. Can’t see it happening, but a man can dream.

Cranberrys

I hope for PoP 2008, PoP Forgotten Sands, Remember Me, Enslaved, FF XIII, XIII-2, LR, Alpha Protocol and Amalur. These are the last 360 games in my library not being back compat yet. Well, GTAV & LA Noire too but with the remasters I Don't see them coming. Anyway, I'm pretty sure both PoP games will be Added eventually but not so sure about the rest, especially Amalur and Alpha Protocol.

maxwell247

I bought Max Payne 1 & 2 in Canadian Xbox Live Store. Had to use VPN to download the games to my Xbox 360. Now I know for sure that NTSC games from Xbox OG won't run on PAL console🤣 It would be nice to have all the trilogy available via BC on XOne. Come on RockStar, make it happen, those games are awesome!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
YES Dante's Inferno!

Thiagosc777

Finally!! Dante's Inferno!

Now all we need is Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3 RE, Max Payne 3, FF XIII (all of them), Infinite Undiscovery, etc...

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Singularity is the only game I'm really wanting to see get BC. I finally found it again @ Gamestop and my DVD drive died on my 360 😪

^Oh, don't get so serious, man. Was just poking fun. But Dante's Inferno clearly has its flaws.

Strangely, if you want the game to kick your ass, just don't ever use the cross. Completely changes everything. It's so weird that they made the cross totally OP where it's silly to use anything else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom