• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Coming in November; $499/£429/499

Coming this November for $499, £429 €499

tumblr_inline_mo4zfc3aPm1qz4rgp.gif

No chance in hell! Even if they're holding KI and DR3 hostage...

Gotta love the forced applause from the audience after the sudden hush...

quest

Not Banned from OT
So basically 650 if you want a game plus online play. There is nothing inside this box that justifies the price at all.

Kacho

That's a really high price. Titanfall and Dead Rising 3 look very fun and interesting, but I can't justify that price for two games I'm mildly interested in.

Your move Sony.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There's no way Sony can't beat $500.

This is at least $100 more than I was expecting an entry level price to be for the machine.

If Sony goes cheaper, then MS is in big trouble with the hardcore. I'm primarly a pc gamer, and nothing that was shown today convinced me to buy an Xbox One. On the contrary, I'm really considering getting as PS4 now.

I called it! I knew Xbox One will be $500. The same with PS4. I bet you these are the lower SKU as well. Watch their be a $600 SkU too. Oh and lets not forget the GS bundles! HAHAHAHHAHA

right off the bat, on GT, they are defending the price.

"consumers are used to paying for things like ipads which are similarly priced" and "we don't know what all is in that box".

Is 499 dollars really that absurd for people? Brand new generation and for better or worse packed in Kinect which went for 150 at launch as an accessory. Of course, some of the polices might affect the value of the console.

But hell, perhaps PC gaming has tarnished my perspective. My graphics card cost as much as this console does :D

dorkimoe

Fine by me. People are buying tablets and cellphones for more than that..yet a video game console is where you guys draw the line? I'm seriously so confused by some of you people

Krilekk

Banned
They launched the original Xbox here for 479 € and reduced the price two weeks later to 299 €. Everybody who bought one before that got two free games and a controller. Wonder how many weeks it's this time. Microsoft has no idea how to price things right. Zune, Surface, Windows Phone, Xbox One, all killed just because someone fucks up the price. With what One offers both in power and DRM the highest I would pay for it is 299, probably 199. This is so far beyond the Yukon leaks, it's not even funny anymore. Don Mattrick will need a new job soon.

£100 too much for me especially with that locked down DRM shit, some nice games but not for me right now, my 360 will live strong.

PS4 launches at $400 and it's over. lol $500 for that low end hardware is atrocious. MS arrogance through the roof.

Also, the fact that no one applauded until they signaled for it was hilarious. Even the shills didn't like it.

Septimius

They launched the original Xbox here for 479 € and reduced the price two weeks later to 299 €. Everybody who bought one before that got two free games and a controller. Wonder how many weeks it's this time. Microsoft has no idea how to price things right. Zune, Surface, Windows Phone, Xbox One, all killed just because someone fucks up the price. With what One offers both in power and DRM the highest I would pay for it is 299, probably 199. This is so far beyond the Yukon leaks, it's not even funny anymore. Don Mattrick will need a new job soon.

You know it costs money to make things, right?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The conference has been very good, so many games showed between exclusives and multi releases...but that price. Considering the whole DRM clusterfuck...wow, it's massive. Why.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Is 499 dollars really that absurd for people? Brand new generation and for better or worse packed in Kinect which went for 150 at launch as an accessory. Of course, some of the polices might affect the value of the console.

But hell, perhaps PC gaming has tarnished my perspective. My graphics card cost as much as this console does :D

It is a premium price for a half a generation jump. I am sorry but what in this box justifies the price? The mainstream video card 7770 or the 2 netbook processors or the DDR3 that is dirt cheap. This thing is way over priced and I wish them good luck competing with Ipads at that price level.

Top Bottom