• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Coming to 26 new markets in September

Ty4on

Damn a total of 10months delay ? Did this ever happend to another console ?

It was the norm back in the day for PAL:
  • NES 1983-1985-1986/7
  • Genesis 1988-1989-1990
  • Saturn 1994-1995 (8 months)
  • PS1 1994-1995 (10 months)
  • N64 1996-1997 (11 months)
Later consoles weren't that delayed, but usually NA/JP in autumn and EU/PAL spring next year.

Josua070

Neo Member
Maybe, these were the announcement dates for the actual launch dates.
Damn, Indonesia have to wait until October if they will announce anything. Hopefully, they'll announce this on E3. I'm an Indonesian & I'm definitely pissed off, having to wait longer until I got my dates, IF they will ever launch Xbox One in here. If they do, it will be the first, official launch of Xbox in Indonesia.

Xbox One launches in India on 23rd September, 2014 starting at INR 39,990
http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/news/Press/2014/Jun14/XboxOnelaunchesinInd.aspx

Xbox One South African release date confirmed 9/23

The Xbox One Will Be The First Mainstream Gaming Console Sold In China In 14 Years

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/xbox-one-china-release-september-2014-4#ixzz36D7Ev2fq

Xbox One To Launch In UAE On September 5, Priced Dhs1,749
http://gulfbusiness.com/2014/06/xbox-one-launch-uae-september-5-priced-dhs1749/#.U7KKl7tOXIU

So currently in Finland an imported Xbox One costs €499 but pre-ordering the official Finnish model costs €549. Both are the Kinect models.

This makes no sense.

I'm very interested in how they are going to honor the "Day One 2013" preorders.
It's going to be hilarious.

because their DAY ONE edition will be a lot different, not sure why you assume they would be the same

here is the Japanese Day One
http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/xbox-one/consoles/xboxone_dayone#fbid=tjruhR_StpO

e73f185e-4675-4c8e-bcb0-fecb329fa3db.jpg

kudoboi

So currently in Finland an imported Xbox One costs €499 but pre-ordering the official Finnish model costs €549. Both are the Kinect models.

This makes no sense.

Same here. The Xbox one in Singapore will be 739 sgd or 592 usd. Yet stores are already selling the imported model for 699 sgd

Filaipus

Banned
Is the Kinect voice recognition a software update or something related to the console itself?
What I mean is, can you choose french as your language (on Kinect) if you buy an American console? Because that could explain the price difference.

I was genuinely surprised to hear that the Xbox One hadn't yet launched here in Sweden, because they're freely available at every single Gamestop/electronics-store here.

I just don't understand the supply situation. If there's enough Xbox Ones to have them standing on shelves in tons of countries where they haven't launched… why not just send them directly there and cut out the middle men/importers?

fred

It's almost as if Microsoft have gone out of their way to completely fuck up the launch of the Xbox One. Releasing in these countries 10 months after the console has launched everywhere else isn't going to make a great deal of difference to the Xbox One flopping so far - a great deal of people that were going to buy the console in those countries would have imported them already.

It's almost as if Microsoft have gone out of their way to completely fuck up the launch of the Xbox One. Releasing in these countries 10 months after the console has launched everywhere else isn't going to make a great deal of difference to the Xbox One flopping so far - a great deal of people that were going to buy the console in those countries would have imported them already.

So a bundle with Fifa 15 and Forza 5 at €399 isn't going to attract any new customers? I mean, only people who imported them would have bought the console within it's life cycle right? Surely official language support, a real advertising campaign, and localization won't help them sell anything.

And Xbox One flopping, oh boy, just stop now.

Alx

I was genuinely surprised to hear that the Xbox One hadn't yet launched here in Sweden, because they're freely available at every single Gamestop/electronics-store here.

I just don't understand the supply situation. If there's enough Xbox Ones to have them standing on shelves in tons of countries where they haven't launched… why not just send them directly there and cut out the middle men/importers?

As stupid as the "translation" excuse sounds, I suppose there is some truth to it. There's more to releasing in a given country than having enough hardware available, you also need to provide translated content and features, technical support, get authorizations for different apps and features,... Whatever those reasons are, they were sufficient to make MS decide to delay the release in countries where availability is obviously not an issue.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Did you even see the new bundles? Its shipping with two great games. and many other deals.

and @bold

Nicolas+Cage+Laugh+GIF.gif

Woorloog

Banned

This makes no sense.

Are they trying to get me to get a PS4? That's utterly insane.
I would have imagine MS will offer the Kinectless version first here and the other new markets... Especially here since Finland is and has always been strongly a Playstation country.

fred

Did you even see the new bundles? Its shipping with two great games. and many other deals.

and @bold

Nicolas+Cage+Laugh+GIF.gif

It has only been doing 'okay' in the US and has been an unmitigated flop in Europe so far.

I've said this before but I'm really surprised that the gaming press hasn't jumped on the state of the Xbox One in Europe so far...I guess 'Microsoft D00med' articles don't generate as many clicks as 'Nintend00med' ones.

And @Banjo: I didn't say everybody, I said 'a great deal of people'. Despite the bundles it's still not going to sell that well imo.

As I've also said before Microsoft's silence on sales as opposed to shipments is deafening, and those 5.1m shipments weren't that impressive themselves. You've probably not even got 4.5m Xbox Ones in homes worldwide yet.

Are they trying to get me to get a PS4? That's utterly insane.
I would have imagine MS will offer the Kinectless version first here and the other new markets... Especially here since Finland is and has always been strongly a Playstation country.

Official Finnish Kinectless version is currently not available for pre-order on Verkkokauppa but there is an import one for €449 (same price as PS4). I can't find Kinectless anywhere else.

It's possible that MS hasn't given an official price yet and €549 is just a placeholder because the PS4 is also 50 euros more expensive than other European markets.

Melchiah

This makes no sense.

The basic model is cheaper though.

5ThC5l8l.jpg

499,90€ for the Kinect version, and 519,90€ with Titanfall.

EDIT: Ah, just saw you mention this on your other post.

Special C

It has only been doing 'okay' in the US and has been an unmitigated flop in Europe so far.

I've said this before but I'm really surprised that the gaming press hasn't jumped on the state of the Xbox One in Europe so far...I guess 'Microsoft D00med' articles don't generate as many clicks as 'Nintend00med' ones.

The XBox one isn't doing great for sure, but to compare it to the Wii U is a massive stretch.

fred

The XBox one isn't doing great for sure, but to compare it to the Wii U is a massive stretch.

It isn't a massive stretch at all. There are similarities - both consoles had successful launch periods (around 3m each) and both have fallen flat from the launch window onwards.

The Wii U has been a bigger flop than the Xbox One but the Wii U has the advantage of having a superior stable of system selling IPs to rely on to boost sales.

I honestly can't see the Xbox One catching up to the PS4 and Wii U in terms of installed userbase, and it's only a matter of time before there are twice as many PS4s in homes than Xbox Ones...and when PS4 SKUs start selling twice as much as Xbox One SKUs third party publishers are going to take notice.

sörine;119074046 said:
Only in the UK. In continental Europe they're pretty comparable and Wii U's even pulled ahead in France now.

Wii U and XB1 appear to be neck and neck in Germany, or Wii U is slightly ahead just based on weekly software placements. XB1 seems to be doing the bulk of its sales in US and UK thus far. Maybe Australia or Brazil or Canada could be favorable to it but we get little insight into those markets unfortunately

Top Bottom