• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Dashboard Getting Redesigned. Bye Cortana!

Allandor

No, dude. It's not about calling people liars because they don't agree with me, it's about reporting facts.

PS4 is in fact faster and there's no denying it. The Xbox One UI is sluggish compared to the Xbox One, even the Xbox One X. People who says otherwise is lying.

I have a fast connection, and if my connection needed to be even faster to make for a smoother UI experience, then it's certainly not as good as you guys are trying to make it out to be.

Jez Corden (a well known Xbox fan)

Reviewed the Xbox One X and said the PS4 IU "is way faster."

It's like me saying the PS4 is just as quiet as the Xbox consoles when it's not.

well, since xb360 the UI speed is heavily dependent to the online connection. In offline mode it is way faster (not faster than the PS4s but way faster than in online-mode). I really don't get it what Microsoft things they are doing with something like that. They shoul load the UI and if that is loaded enrich it with the online stuff, but they should never wait for that online stuff to load before the menu loads.

Heck even entering a pin to login can take really long because sometimes the UI is just loading.

Sounds pretty good but I'm okay with how it is now. I won't miss Cortana--always found her to be slow. I'm almost ready to buy another Kinect (gave mine to my son so he could chat without headset) simply for the Xbox voice commands if they are still there, mainly recording clips/screens. That was always fast and seamless, much better than having to pause the game.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I hate this shit. Why do I have to actively pin the apps I play to a ‘pinned’ screen? Why do I need to press down from the home screen to get to my ‘pinned’ apps? Why do Microsoft assume that whatever shit they are peddling this month (be it Game Pass, Mixer or whatever) is more important on my main primary screen than apps that I f’ing pinned as the most important?

The dominant design (PS4, Switch) is having a long list of games ordered by the most revently played as the first thing you get. Microsoft has just been trying to resist the dominant design.

You know that pins are user based right? You set it up yourself.

You can even change the home screen exactly to your liking. Don't like a feature? Scrap it. Want another? Add it.

lefty1117

Gold Member
writing was on the wall when they got rid of Connect and didn't replace it with a built-in microphone. Personally, I think it's a missed opportunity

Turned on my xbox for first time today, and there it is. They've turned the tabs into apps. This was their original ui idea. Now the dash doesn't have to load 5 tabs of online content. I mean, of course it's going to be much faster if all dash loads is the first page. I don't know if I like it yet. Opening the app icons are slower than tabbing over on old dash, but that's due to them having to load up. Those icons are the same function type as games & apps icon now. It's definitely simpler. It just feels less engaging to me. Just a super basic dash.

Thanks internet for all the ridiculous bitching over the dash, basically because it wasn't blue. You fucking suck.

My latency went from 50ms to 25ms on network test on new dash. 🤨

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
That last line saved your life son. lol.

Well actually, maybe just tablets, WIndows phone 10 was basically just a shinier windows phone 8 with UMP (which didn't form as planned)

you know i am right baby .

i still miss my surface pro 1 and how lush it felt running in 8

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
What is that? And when would we get the new one? Also I thought it's being rolled out for everyone now.
No its only for insiders right now they are testing 2 different styles of the dashboard

Reactions: TLZ
Top Bottom