• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Finally sat down and played Titanfall. Literally the first time I've sat in front of next gen and, holy moly, guys. Jaw dropping. Can't even imagine Sunset.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finally sat down and played Titanfall. Literally the first time I've sat in front of next gen and, holy moly, guys. Jaw dropping. Can't even imagine Sunset.

Gotta echo what LyleLanley said, you have to play Ryse. It completely blew me away graphically and I found it a fun game. Actually finished it which I don't do for many games.

U2NUMB

Frustrated with Pinball FX2... I own one of the Star Wars packs.. shows up as Free.. and it simply will not download.. not sure what to do at this point.

zorbsie

Frustrated with Pinball FX2... I own one of the Star Wars packs.. shows up as Free.. and it simply will not download.. not sure what to do at this point.

I had the same problem. Exit out of the game and go to the game store. Find the pack there, it should have the option to install. That worked for me, hope it helps.

Is it Heroes Within by any chance? Because that refuses to download for me. I'll try what the post above me said though, don't know if I tried that.

eastx

If this version is anything like the 360 version there will be loads of sales for the tables in the future.

I think any Xbox 360 Pinball FX2 sale would apply to Xbox One by default, unless they ever turn off the license transfer feature. Which it doesn't seem like they would do in this case. So yeah, a decent number of sales in its future.

Speaking of which...

Having to use the bumper buttons to switch between table groups when selecting tables: totally unnecessary or just entirely not necessary?

Chitown B

Its a shame you can't download a game without owning it then just require the final authentication from either disc or payment to the store to play a game.

why would you ever need to do this? the disc installation would be much faster than the download. And you can pay the store first.

m23

Did you archive the stream? I saw you broadcasting Outlast.

I'm not sure if I archived it, unless it does it automatically. Either way, I was in a skype call so you won't get reactions lol. It was pretty much me pausing every couple minutes while swearing a lot. Might try again during the day time.

The Pinball FX2 achievements are tough, but this game is way more fun than I would have imagined. Will definitely be buying some of the Marvel tables at some point.

I do wish they'd fix these profile bugs. Not game-breaking but definitely annoying.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

others are saying check out ryse, and while it looks good, i think you picked wisely. titanfall is great fun and looks pretty good too. what looks waaay beyond last gen though is all the shit going on. there is so much smoke, particles, explosions, flying rubble, players, grunts, spectres, and titans that it definitely feels more next gen then screens or video would lead you to believe. its the first online shooter that really feels like a large scale war. titanfall gets way to much undeserved shit.

eastx

I'm having trouble saving custom courses in The Golf Club. I played somebody else's custom course, so I guess it's not a universal problem. It's inconvenient given the heinous loading and terrain generation times though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm having trouble saving custom courses in The Golf Club. I played somebody else's custom course, so I guess it's not a universal problem. It's inconvenient given the heinous loading and terrain generation times though.

This is out? How is it?

Was there any mention of D4 at Gamescom?

As for Golf Club, it's not out until Tuesday, but based on activity at True Achievements, it seems there's a lot of review copies out there.

eastx

This is out? How is it?

It's not out until the 19th. Review copies went out last week. Quick impressions (this is not a review!):
It's a fun game. I'm not sure how much is because golf games are pretty much fun in general, and how much is specific to this individual game.

The asynchronous multiplayer is great. You see your friends' actions in an in-game friends feed. You can jump in on any course they've played and compete against their ghosts. I never cared about ghost stuff before, but it's pretty cool in this.

Local multiplayer is cool, but players 2-4 are limited to guest accounts even if they are signed in with real Xbox accounts. Very annoying. Customizing the appearance of the guests is difficult, it kept changing the wrong person's appearance. If the devs fix anything in a patch, it should be those local multiplayer accounts and customization.

I would like more indicator of how far the ball is going to go if I hit it at less than 100 percent strength. I often undershoot or overshoot because we have analog hitting but no way to know how hard/far we're actually hitting it beforehand. It makes me miss meters and stuff. On the other hand, giving the ball a proper whack with the analog stick feels good.

The frame rate is not what it should be, with or without vsync. The loading times, especially the start-up load, are excessive and inexplicable. I often wonder if the game crashed because there's no loading indicator or anything. You just sit there for 30 seconds or whatever length of time, unable to do anything. I guess that needs to be fixed too.

A lot of the text is really small, like the devs are used to people sitting at computer screens instead of playing from a couch at a distance.

I think people who get into the custom courses and asynchronous multiplayer will be willing to overlook the rough edges. It really is a fun game and I look forward to playing it more.

The frame rate is not what it should be, with or without vsync.

When you say the frame rate wasn't what it should be, are you talking about the graphics animation rate? The control input frame rate is said to be locked at 60 fps, so it should feel pretty solid.

eastx

When you say the frame rate wasn't what it should be, are you talking about the graphics animation rate? The control input frame rate is said to be locked at 60 fps, so it should feel pretty solid.

The controls are fine. It's just the camera frame rate for fly-bys (mainly when the course starts), following the ball, etc. Not horrible, but not consistent.

The controls are fine. It's just the camera frame rate for fly-bys (mainly when the course starts), following the ball, etc. Not horrible, but not consistent.

Okay, I follow what you're saying. I've been playing the PC version on a modest gaming PC, and I suffer from inconsistent frame rates, when I try running the game in high detail.

I do have a suggestion for you, and this may help you with your formal review, try playing a course called "Autumn Ridge G.C." (make sure you put the G.C. on the end of it because there's another course called Autumn Ridge). It's one of the most efficiently designed, beautifully playing, and natural looking courses in the game... at least it played that way on the PC. My frame rates are always 15 to 20% higher than most of the others here. See if that doesn't have some bearing on the problem areas.

Guerrilla

Do we know/are we expecting if anything else comes out this week? I have 3 days off without my girlfriend starting friday and I need something to play for those days ;)

Bought Outlast for some reason, played half an hour, quit out. nope.gif.

I just beat Outlast. It was a lot of fun. You just have to know that there will be a couple of big jump scares.

You can out run everything in the game so if you know where you are going, it's really not that scary.

Guerrilla

Diablo 3 comes out tomorrow, no?

Oh right totally forgot about that thanks. I tried that out for like 30 minutes on 360 when it came out. I wasn't super hooked after those 30 minutes but I guess this game needs a little more time to be embraced.
I'm a single player/story kind of guy though. So is it fun as a single player/story experience (for one playthrough) or does it need multiple playthroughs/huge amounts of grinding to be enjoyed?

Majine

Banned
I'm a single player/story kind of guy though. So is it fun as a single player/story experience (for one playthrough) or does it need multiple playthroughs/huge amounts of grinding to be enjoyed?

Personally, I think Diablo 3s story is balls. If you really want to delve deep into the game, you need to be a loot whore and enjoy numbers flying.

i'm picking up an x1 in november and just have a question, can you download the gwg before hand and then have them ready to play when i get the x1 like how you can download psplus games before you have the ps4, is that possible?

Top Bottom