• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Exec: We're Doing Things That "Cant Be Done" on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I'll give you a hint, it's satire about fanboys and the ridiculous hyperbole they use while talking positively about their system of choice, while simultaneously exaggerating negative aspects of the competing system.

What I found true in it wasn't hyperbole...

Could we get back on topic though?

RexNovis

Banned
Even if Wynnebeck might have been disingenuous he is obviously speaking for the people with the applaud.gif and hell yeahs.

At this point I don't care. All it does is needlessly fan the flames and further devolve the thread into meaningless shit slinging. It needs to end.

And your bias for PS4 is exempt because the console is the most popular?
"Xbox bias: eeeevil
PS bias: good"
?

My bias is toward actual supported facts and reason, something that post intentionally lacked and something you seem not to understand.

prwxv3

I could have sworn ReCore is developed by an american company and Infune company just gave them the idea, something like Mistwalker situation?

I could be wrong.

I think that is correct. So yea the Xbone is irrelevant to most of the japanese gaming industry.

autoduelist

It was awhile ago and we never saw it repeated iirc, but doesn't the PS3 hold the title for 'first console that had pc crossbuy'?

Specifically, Portal 2... Pretty sure you got both the PS3 and Steam version.

And cross play, obviously, several games already mentioned in thread are ps4/pc crossplay.

Wynnebeck

Banned
At this point I don't care. All it does is needlessly fan the flames and further devolve the thread into meaningless shit slinging. It needs to end.

I would let the mods do their jobs instead of trying to do it for them. Back on topic. Will every Xbone game from this point out go on PC with certain exceptions or is it by title basis?

FordGTGuy

Banned
It was awhile ago and we never saw it repeated iirc, but doesn't the PS3 hold the title for 'first console that had pc crossbuy'?

Specifically, Portal 2... Pretty sure you got both the PS3 and Steam version.

And cross play, obviously, several games already mentioned in thread are ps4/pc crossplay.

Having it be the same service on both console and PC with cross-buy is pretty important though.

I would let the mods do their jobs instead of trying to do it for them. Back on topic. Will every Xbone game from this point out go on PC with certain exceptions or is it by title basis?

Phil said that only games that make sense will, this could be up to any interpretation but bottom-line you're not going to see every Xbox exclusive on PC.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Phil said that only games that make sense will, this could be up to any interpretation but bottom-line you're not going to see every Xbox exclusive on PC.

I would think not. Would make no sense to get a Xbone if you can get the best games on PC. I figure he's referring to certain MS games that have a multiplayer element in it to justify making a PC version.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Hey guys remember when this thread was about Kudo and his statements?

Good times.....

RexNovis

Banned

Oh I see so it's ok for you to post sarcastic bullshit in the thread but when somebody says it contributed nothing and needs to stop that's crossing the line. Interesting.

As far as your relevant question goes no. At this point I believe cross buy only applies to dlc and in game microtransactions for free to play titles. Obviously this could change but that is the current reality of the cross but program. I'm sure you already knew that.

Gator86

Well they're some type of Asian, right? And regular games just normally have regular eyes. The big-eyes are pretty much reserved for the asian cartoon games.

giphy.gif

FordGTGuy

Banned
His statement was stupid and this thread is just reflecting that. :p

It's actually not stupid if you read the article.

"For a long time we've had PC gamers and console gamers who weren't really able to play together," Tsunoda told GameIndustry International. "That's why cross-play is still such a powerful idea. You should be able to play what you love, and play together, regardless of what device you're playing on. It's about connecting people."

"It's a really unique value that only we can offer," he added. "You still need very gamer-focused values, but there's lots of things you can do with our technology. We've really got a lot more going on [than our competitors]. We're doing things that can't be done on any other console."

He is specifically referring to cross-playing across the same service with your own friends on PC and console.

Right now this is really only available on Xbox One and even if Sony teamed with Steam again, it wouldn't be the same service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom