• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Installation manual leaked

shandy706

S¡mon;87165724 said:
What? You still need batteries for a nex-gen system controller?

Alright, lets not get into this..LOL

Some people prefer NEVER tethering to a system or dock...and IF the batteries die, they like to be able to switch them out without having to tether or dock the controller. (Say they forgot to charge it, a friend/family member/child disconnected it etc.) It allows instant use of the controller in a situation where one may not sit close to their console...even if the battery is dead/dying.

Having options is better than no option.

Afro

And you can use it as a wired controller.

"When you plug a micro-USB cable into the controller for wired play the internal radio is shut off and all data is transmitted through the wire. In this mode the controller can be used without batteries." from IGN

Dragon

Banned
Wasn't the consensus was that Microsoft won't charge Gold for XBO for things that should be logically not tied to Gold? Oh well, more power to them I suppose.

It's a similar argument to the whole Sony is gonna do DRM argument. They both failed miserably, unfortunately for people who don't want to subscribe for Gold.

Do you get cloud saves on Silver? That's one thing I'm not sure if Sony is taking off of Plus.

OH DUDE YOU SHOWED HIM!

I showed him more than MS has shown me why I should care about Kinect.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Huh, what is this about:
Some benefits may not be Gold shared, access limited to a single Xbox One designated member in the house of Gold; restrictions apply
What is shared to all accounts and what is not? And what it the "house of Gold"?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Ugh. So really if I'm talking seriously, the only reason I'd use the Kinect is showing my face while streaming to the one person that'd care about me playing Battlefield 4 through Twitch.

Maybe it comes with UNO.

Predicting a lot of people will orient their console vertically without reading this manual. Disc scratching fiasco incoming.

Or worse overheating issues.

Marvel

could never
Predicting a lot of people will orient their console vertically without reading this manual. Disc scratching fiasco incoming.

Oh man yeah that would suck. Microsoft need to make this really clear for those who do not read manuals and frequent forums and such.

On the front of the box clear really.

Thanks, I didn't realize until the 5th time it was posted.

just in case you couldn't tell.
tt10076589fltt.gif

jaypah

It's a similar argument to the whole Sony is gonna do DRM argument. They both failed miserably, unfortunately for people who don't want to subscribe for Gold.

Do you get cloud saves on Silver? That's one thing I'm not sure if Sony is taking off of Plus.

I showed him more than MS has shown me why I should care about Kinect.

Seriously, what's your problem today dude?

zeemumu

Guys, is this really news? It's the installation manual. It's like getting hyped over someone leaking new font for Ultra Street Fighter 4.

I needs a day one patch. That's been out there for a long time.

Yes I realize. Just thought it was interesting nonetheless

Will it say this clearly on the box that internet is required to setup the console?

A fair share of 360's never connected to the internet so it really needs to say on the box in no unclear terms that internet is required for setup

FranXico

Here's a roughed out translation, for those who can't read portuguese:

Summary:
Xbox One console
(1) HDMI cable
Kinect sensor
Xbox One wireless controller
Xbox One headset for chatting
Power cable
AA batteries for controller
Power supply
Manual

a
Recommended setup for live TV and cable or satellite decoded content

b
Alternative setup without a cable/satellite decoder

Arrange your space

*A higher positioning of the Kinect is recommended
*Ensure that your Kinect is on a stable surface, so it won't fall.
*Recommended game area: one person at least 1.4m away from the sensor. Two people at least 1.8m away from sensor. The area requirements may vary, depending on the game, the position of the sensor, and other factors.

Turn the controller and the console on.

Follow the screen prompts and connect to the internet

Acquire Xbox Live Gold
-Unique experience in multiplayer games.
-Enjoy HD movies, TV shows, music and sports.
-Use Skype, Internet Explorer and other entertainment applications.
-In addition, any person in your home can benefit from Xbox Live Gold in your Xbox One*.

*The Xbox Live Gold subscription, games and media content are sold separately. Separate subscriptions/fees may be needed for some resources, such as Xbox Music. Available services and applications may vary depending on your country/region and throughout time. Some Gold resources may not be shared; access restricted to one single designated Xbox One console in the house of the Gold subscriber; other restrictions applicable.

Tips
- The initial setup and some resources or downloads require a broadband internet connection
- A high definition 720p (or higher) HDMI compatible TV is needed.
- If your Kinect sensor is not working: check if it is connected to the console, placed 0.6m - 1.8m above the ground, and if the plastic film was removed.
- If your wireless controller is not responding: check if the controller and the console are powered on. If needed, hold the pairing buttons in the back of the controller and left side of the console.
- Do not put anything on top of the console: to prevent damage, keep the fans unobstructed.

Vashetti

Banned
Wow it actually does say connect to the internet.

How barebones is this console going to be if you can't get it hooked up and download the update?

Curious to see someone skip the update and test out the console with all the DRM.

jaypah

Wow it actually does say connect to the internet.

How barebones is this console going to be if you can't get it hooked up and download the update?

Curious to see someone skip the update and test out the console with all the DRM.

A paper weight? Pretty sure it doesn't function unless you connect it once.

synce

Why the lack of support for vertical? It's not like the Xbone is using the 360's notorious disc drive.

Maybe too unstable?

madmackem

how close are you?

I'm probably fucked by the coffee table - does it say anything about needing full line of sight for your whole body? If I'm sitting down it shouldn't matter, but kinect 1 was a fussy bastard.

Im really close as i have a real small boxed room as my gaming room.

besada

Banned
Enjoy that Kinect 2.0 and the choice to put it in your drawer or drop kick it into the dumpster outside your apartment.

I'm not actually crazy paranoid, so I probably will.

Except its not a choice for people who don't like batteries.

Except it is, because you can get a charge and play pack and have a rechargable battery pack. So you have the choice of using that, standard rechargables, or regular batteries.

Top Bottom