• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One June Preview Update - My Real Name is External Storage

biRdy

Not voice commands as far as I can tell, but instead of just sending a power toggle , it sends the correct on or off signal.

So you can't turn your TV off if it is on when your Xbox turns on or vice versa

YES! It was so annoying that I had to turn my tv back on.

RyudBoy

The bigger news is the possibility of allowing playback of media files in a future update.

Please, take it into full consideration.

Dimorphic

How does one get access to the beta? I was in the 360 ones but never saw a sign up process for the XB1.

I don't mind waiting, just curious as to how you sign up.

klodeckel

Banned
I don't get the pre-order thing for the Xbox One store. It's digital, the game won't run out. I can get it the day it comes out in the comfort of my living room.

Not when you want to download 50 GB Wolfenstein with 500 kbit/s DSL on release date. Pre-loading is such a nice feature!

EvB

Looks like this update has finally sorted the problem where it couldn't bring my TV out of it's EU low power standby mode . YES!

Hawk269

West Coast reporting in and nothing here yet as well. I have 2 Xbox One's and did a power cycle on both hoping to trigger it, but nothing yet. I usually get in on most beta's the day they roll out, so hopefully later tonight.

Kelsey

Banned
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but there's also another controller update that comes along with this. So connect your controllers and have at it.

EvB

West Coast reporting in and nothing here yet as well. I have 2 Xbox One's and did a power cycle on both hoping to trigger it, but nothing yet. I usually get in on most beta's the day they roll out, so hopefully later tonight.

I don't think power cycling is the best day.

I was recording a video of my machine last week and I kept putting it in and out of standby, this actually forced it to download the update. I've done this twice now.

You know it's working because the light on the machine continues to flash even though you've shut it down

statham

Hey does this update knock out the apps from requiring gold like netflix? every-time my wife wants to use netflix she has to log into my account.

EvB

Hey does this update knock out the apps from requiring gold like netflix? every-time my wife wants to use netflix she has to log into my account.

It's never been like that for me and my partners account.

Did you sign into your Netflix account whilst logged in as her? The log in details are basically a save file for each user

Ach bugger.
Just clocked someone playing Worms Bategrounds, thought oh I will pin that.
They have removed the option!!
Nooooooooo.

Edit- false alarm.

statham

It's never been like that for me and my partners account.

Did you sign into your Netflix account whilst logged in as her? The log in details are basically a save file for each user

I did not. Thanks!, guess it won't matter soon.

MrBenchmark

That will happen with the June update rollout to everyone according to the info they gave yesterday

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but there's also another controller update that comes along with this. So connect your controllers and have at it.

Awesome. How did you find this out?

I'm hoping they continue to improve the stability of the audio through the controller. It's pretty good, but I still get occasional drop outs of sound here and there.

Top Bottom