• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One June Preview Update - My Real Name is External Storage

The waves seem more spread out this time. I'm in the UK and got it about 15 hours ago now.
I just noticed that there's a "UK update" post in the preview section of the Xbox forums, with a bunch of people in it saying they still haven't got it yet. Oh well - right now there's no feature I'm particularly interested in (I still have 200+ GB left on my hard drive), so it's cool. I'll just get it whenever it's rolled out.

MauroNL

Are there any real differences in terms of quality between HDD brands? I have my eye on a Seagate 2TB 7200 rpm USB 3.0 external drive for 70 euros, but don't really know much about Seagate. There is a similar on from Western Digital but its a little more expensive

faer0n

Hey, all. We are going to be rolling out the update to the remaining participants starting today at 4:00PM PDT. Consoles in this second wave that haven't installed the update in by 1:00AM PDT on 5/27 will prompt to install the update the next time the console connects to Xbox Live.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/update_preview/update_preview_forums/wave_4_1406/f/4861/t/1760099.aspxhttp://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/update_preview/update_preview_forums/wave_4_1406/f/4861/t/1760099.aspx

vwMin.gif

Literally, its installing now!

gossi

Found an interesting bug - after update, I go to Settings -> System -> Manage storage, and the text changes to weird Unicode style characters for everything. I select my hard drive and pick Manage, and then all my games and apps disappear.

First thing I did: turn on auto-sign in without Kinect.

Put Fifa in (to play with a friend) first thing that happens? "You were not recognised, choose a profile" wat

BlindRage

Anyone needing an invite just PM this evening.

PM'd you bro.

Now I need to figure out what HDD to get. I saw a seagate 4tb for $140 but I didn't read if it needed a power adapter? Was kinda hoping whatever I get I could just plug into the Xbox and not worry about it.

ValeYard

Found an interesting bug - after update, I go to Settings -> System -> Manage storage, and the text changes to weird Unicode style characters for everything. I select my hard drive and pick Manage, and then all my games and apps disappear.

Yep, weird text is back!

Lima

PM'd you bro.

Now I need to figure out what HDD to get. I saw a seagate 4tb for $140 but I didn't read if it needed a power adapter? Was kinda hoping whatever I get I could just plug into the Xbox and not worry about it.

4TB drives are 3.5" and need external power.

m23

Auto sign in didn't work for me until I went into "Sign-in, security & Passkey" and changed the setting to "No barriers." Crappy thing is I no longer see that cool start up animation with my gamerpic.

PM'd you bro.

I'll send the invites out tonight. I have a feeling that if the drive is bus powered it will not be a fast -7200rpm- drive but rather a slower, more workman like 5400 model. So you're probably going to have to plug it in if you want speed.

Tazo

If anyone wants an invite to Xbox Early Access (update preview) simply follow/friend me (t4z0) on Xbox One or SmartGlass and I'll add you back and send an invite. It generally takes about a day or two before Xbox Live sends you a download code to get the preview registration app, but then you're all good to go!

I invited over 300 people from NeoGAF and Reddit over the weekend while playing Wolfenstein, it's a tedious job but I got hundreds of thank you messages which made it all worthwhile.

klodeckel

Banned
They finally seem to have fixed the annoying "black screen" bug in the friendlist that sometimes occurred randomly! :)

Also like liking those new options for my receiver and TV.

If anyone wants an invite to Xbox Early Access (update preview) simply follow/friend me (t4z0) on Xbox One or SmartGlass and I'll add you back and send an invite. It generally takes about a day or two before Xbox Live sends you a download code to get the preview registration app, but then you're all good to go!

I invited over 300 people from NeoGAF and Reddit over the weekend while playing Wolfenstein, it's a tedious job but I got hundreds of thank you messages which made it all worthwhile.
Would be much appreciated. Just followed, GT kylehimselfish.

One of my Live friends tried to invite me to these previews/updates the other day but I haven't received anything yet. Is this normal?

Loiselle

If you want an invite to the Beta...

Follow "Breadfan 3", send me a message that just says BETA INVITE.

I will send out invites when you message me.

You're welcome in advance.

Top Bottom