• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

OneLetter

I got all excited today when I got an email from Amazon, but it was just them asking me to confirm my original payment information to ensure it was still valid.

Jerks.

I'm still on the fence for Zoo Tycoon, but the previews seem to make it look awesome, so I may have to add that to my launch lineup.

jay23

when do u guys think Amazon will have Xbox one available again?

Any chance of getting day one version at a later date?

mozfan12

Banned
when do u guys think Amazon will have Xbox one available again?

Any chance of getting day one version at a later date?

Well they had PS4s available last week on Thursday around 11 pm to midnight eastern time. Definitely keep a look out there.

I was looking forward to using the Kinect voice commands now totally bummed to know I'll have to do it in French, as always, some of MS decisions are quite baffling :/

Im a brit that lives in france that has bought an xbox from micromania... i.e frog xbox. are you telling me that i can select the civillised tongue option??

"xbox arret" "xbox jeu"

dear god i hope not

cool_dude

Banned
I have a miniPC home theatre running XBMC that I plan to hook up to the Xbox one via the HDMI in.

In the snap function, hopefully there is a way to run dual audio, like one channel to speakers and another channel to headphones, or maybe just mix the audios together.

EBE

Can't watch now, but what was the general feeling towards DR3 during the quick look?

positive. guys seemed to enjoy the goofy nature of the weapons and the combat. brad mentioned the performance of the game was pretty solid with the exception of a single street he felt was the most inconsistent framerate wise.

derFeef

dsc8971.jpg

HDMI IN SON!!

Is it weird that I love the little xbox logo above the power-in?

cripterion

Im a brit that lives in france that has bought an xbox from micromania... i.e frog xbox. are you telling me that i can select the civillised tongue option??

"xbox arret" "xbox jeu"

dear god i hope not

Yeah Albert said we're stuck with the language the Xbox region's set to. That really blows.

sith ewok

That Ryse launch trailer... Wow. Really trying not to get hyped up for that game until I see reviews, but man - that trailer was awesome.

Microsoft store just called me and invited me to their launch night (I pre-ordered there) My store is doing over "$5000 in giveaways on launch night." Just an fyi if anyone was on the fence about going at midnight

Man the smartglass app has got me excited.

Just been watching Ryse clips on it and Killer Instinct.
Some other things whilst digging I found the Music CD Player App AND a challenge I really had to laugh at.

Cackle App Challenge

RnpEEbF.png

cripterion

that is bullshit!!!

i cant believe that they dont have english as an option... fucking devastated

Indeed, French is my native tongue but don't want to use it for this, judging from the Xbox ad it's corny as fuck...Just going to suck. Can't even imagine how it's going to be navigating through this using French and having to pronounce game, movie titles in English.

Lima

Yeah Albert said we're stuck with the language the Xbox region's set to. That really blows.

Wait what? Where? Please provide me a link to this.

Makes no sense. On 360 it is tied to your system language setting. Can't see why they would change that to the region setting.

I'm being offered the Day One Edition. Is it worth it? The extras mentioned in the OT don't seem that great or am I missing something ( packaging is awesome though )?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hope BF4 is not as shit as it is on PC and PS4. Honestly. I'm assuming its going to be the same broken mess of a game.

Does anybody know anything about the supply side of this thing?

I want to walk in and buy one on launch, or within that week, anyone know how feasible that is?

cripterion

Wait what? Where? Please provide me a link to this.

Makes no sense. On 360 it is tied to your system language setting. Can't see why they would change that to the region setting.

There

Voice is locked to the region. So no, unfortunately.

No it is available for Win 8/8.1 devices in the store.

Oh yeah I meant it seems it's not available for us with old ass Windows 7.8 devices lol

Does anybody know anything about the supply side of this thing?

I want to walk in and buy one on launch, or within that week, anyone know how feasible that is?

I'm not sure anyone really knows. Anecdotally, it sounds like you may be able to grab one on Friday during the day, depending on where you live.

Also, it seems possible that some could become available on Amazon late Thursday night. Otherwise, you may be able to find one on Friday. Just do a sweep of your local Wal-Marts (your best bet probably), Targets, Best Buys, etc.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
https://7shpiq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2p9vFZKxEyBUK3JpPB95OJ5k-4qhMUvD_3eHh_-9hMFP3lMwLmRfQrui5iIYBFbcmMO3AiPunYBPMpOVSo7Z2Qa81zMiwGfSL3dfZeQRbAjvM/photo%289%29.JPG?psid=1[IMG]

just picked up from bestbuy..[/QUOTE]

The gummies was the wisest purchase.

:p jk

Top Bottom