• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

IJM807q.jpg

I gots mine

Nice one man. So jealous. ;)

Just. Two. Days.

Pachimari

Oh man, I'm thinking of delaying my Xbox One purchase.

There's really no game I NEED at launch and what I'm really excited about comes out next year, like Kinect Sports Rivals and Titanfall.

Might just wait on the Scandinavian launch but I'm not sure yet.

erawsd

Are there really no game deals for the Xbox One? I've held off this long hoping something would pop up, but I guess I'll have to oreder today.

netBuff

People like picking a side and feeling a sense of validation for their choice when their team is performing better. They are doubly motivated if they feel that their conduct is somehow influencing the outcome.

It's quite common amongst other competitive areas also. However, when you combine that team mentality with the general audience (younger or socially under developed) mental makeup in the gaming hobby, you get what you see here. While it does have an entertainment value, for me, the annoyance comes from repeated nonsense that I have to filter through in order to get some basic info.

You don't need to pick a team, you can freely choose between different products. This time, it happens to be that between two consoles releasing at almost the same time, one stands out as being the better overall experience.

Your nonsensical pseudo-elitist rationalisation on why you prefer Xbox (showcasing the exact "team" mentality you claim to be above) doesn't pass muster when you seemingly don't like to be confronted with unpleasant facts about Xbone - which are the "basic info" you are claiming to have to filter through.

I don't think anybody in here is against discussion but that does not seem to be his interest. He's as closed to positive Xbox One talk as some are to negative. Also most other threads are an echo chamber of negative comments.

I'm not closed to positive Xbone talk, there just doesn't seem to be much positive to talk about at the moment. Blame MS, not me.

#XboxOne trending all of a sudden

Tailored trends? I'm not seeing it.

Kajiba

Hahaha at that pic. Controller looks so nice. Can't wait for my system to come in.

Oh man, I'm thinking of delaying my Xbox One purchase.

There's really no game I NEED at launch and what I'm really excited about comes out next year, like Kinect Sports Rivals and Titanfall.

Might just wait on the Scandinavian launch but I'm not sure yet.

Save your money if you don't want it now. Xbox One will always be around. No need to rush things.

spannicus

to me there is more positive info going around about the 1 than negative, voice commands are cool, but they never played a part in my decision to buy the console. I came for the games and everything else is just icing on the cake. I think people like to focus on the negative more than anything.

to me there is more positive info going around about the 1 than negative, voice commands are cool, but they never played a part in my decision to buy the console. I came for the games and everything else is just icing on the cake. I think people like to focus on the negative more than anything.

Agreed. It's a shame that it's become a cool thing to hate on Microsoft and the Xbox.

Top Bottom