• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Got my shipment confirmation at about 1AM from MS Store! Ordered it June 10th in case anyone wonders. The tracking number they gave me still isn't "live" yet though.

Sydle

I have an extra controller and charge kit now
MS store has shipped my day one edition
Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Forza LE coming in Friday
KI, Crimson Dragon, Kinect Sports Rivals Pre Season, and Xbox Fitness will be downloaded

It's happening. I'm going to be so distracted at work this week with reviews and impressions.

sith ewok

One more day down. One day closer to ONE. So hyped.

Didn't know there would be Day One controllers outside of the day one system box - the controller with play and charge kit that I had preordered from GS came in and it was just the standard controller. On the one hand, I wish both were Day One controllers, but this way it will be easier to tell them apart...

redfirm

Banned
Hi Xbox users. As a ps user myself. i was wondering if the ps4 release did effect you or made you more hyped up about next gen?

GavinGT

Banned
Speaking of eneloops, do we know if you can charge batteries through the controller's mirco usb port?

No way. There'd be no way for the controller to know whether the batteries are rechargeable. And I don't know if you've ever accidentally tried to recharge a non-rechargeable battery, but it's not a pretty scene.

Computer

You are right for the latter but I still don't think two wrongs male a right tbh.

It has not been that bad recently but, there was a point where one could not say anything positive about Xbox with out being flamed. We will forgive and forget and let the Xbox do the talking.

Home stretch :D

ibi9Jq7aWQPYIK.gif

Hi Xbox users. As a ps user myself. i was wondering if the ps4 release did effect you or made you more hyped up about next gen?

All getting a PS4 did for me regarding X1 was to definitely make me want it more. There's just no available software that I want beyond Resogun, which I now have. Nice system, but I need more than a bunch of multiplatform games and certainly more than just FPS titles which the current library of PS4 games is dominated by.

It has not been that bad recently but, there was a point where one could not say anything positive about Xbox with out being flamed. We will forgive and forget and let the Xbox do the talking.

I think its better to ryse above it to be honest. PS4 seems to have had a few issues at launch, people will look very silly if the Xbox One ends up similar problems.

It was a funny picture though

Ovid

Got my shipment confirmation at about 1AM from MS Store! Ordered it June 10th in case anyone wonders. The tracking number they gave me still isn't "live" yet though.

Yeah, mine shipped too. I called MS to have it cancelled but they said ire's already on it's way. They sent a return request to UPS for me.

I'm so on the fence about keeping my Amazon order. I really want my X1 but I don't want it if it's going to have crappy online community. So much backlash against this console.

Home stretch :D

ibi9Jq7aWQPYIK.gif

LOL

Marvel

could never

Yeah, PS4's UI made me realize how slick Xbox Ones really is. Hype increasing with each day.

Though sadly won't get mine 'till December.

Definitely more hyped. I love my PS4 more than my PS3 already but lack of games that interest me right now is kinda sad. On the other hand, I am super pumped about the X1's launch lineup, the only exclusive I'm not interested in for Xbox is Ryse and that's because I don't like the genre.

redfirm

Banned
Yeah, PS4's UI made me realize how slick Xbox Ones really is. Hype increasing with each day.

Though sadly won't get mine 'till December.

So how important is the UI for you? or are there games that you must have?. For instance, i am getting a ps4 once it launches in Europe because of Naughty dog and other sony first party studio's? there is ofcourse the legendary Halo and a lot of other cool games. but to be honest both the launch line up of ps4 and xbox one is still not something i am getting excited over

redfirm

Banned
Definitely more hyped. I love my PS4 more than my PS3 already but lack of games that interest me right now is kinda sad. On the other hand, I am super pumped about the X1's launch lineup, the only exclusive I'm not interested in for Xbox is Ryse and that's because I don't like the genre.

thats cool. well i am planning on getting a xbox 360 one of these days and play the exclusives that i have missed (owned a ps3). its a lot cheaper now. i still love my ps3 and will definity get a ps4. and ofcourse buy the other consoles if they have exclusives that I fall in love with

5 more days till my Crimson Dragon machine comes

out of curiosity: what is this "genre of games" the ps4 is lacking?

because the only one I can see is RPG which even the Bone won't have on release.

Woffls

Aww man, can't believe it's nearly launch day. I canceled my ShopTo pre-order bundle when I realised I still had a £399 pre-order on Zavvi back when they had to guess the price in May. I contacted them directly and they say they're going to honour it and that it will be despatched in time for launch. I really hope it is, because I can't face next weekend without an Xbone :( Not bought any games yet because... well, I don't want to play any of them. I'd play Ghosts if I could do anything with this stupid PS3 version I have...

Still, super hype to integrate that OS into my living room setup. Gonna' be a long ass week at work....

GavinGT

Banned
How will X1 noise compare to PS4?

Also, why is it bigger than PS4 despite an external power supply?

The size has to do with cooling and noise reduction. A bigger fan means it doesn't have to spin as fast, which means less noise. So it can spin slowly while watching a movie or TV (during which it should be near silent) or it can spin more quickly if needed during a game (during which it will likely be audible, but hopefully still pretty quiet).

Marvel

could never
So how important is the UI for you? or are there games that you must have?. For instance, i am getting a ps4 once it launches in Europe because of Naughty dog and other sony first party studio's? there is ofcourse the legendary Halo and a lot of other cool games. but to be honest both the launch line up of ps4 and xbox one is still not something i am getting excited over

UI is very important to me. I am getting a PS4 for sure. I cannot miss out on Sony exclusives, what I'm going to do is wait 6 months to a year for the hardware/OS kinks to be ironed out and pick up Uncharted 4, Killzone, inFamous, Order 1886 etc at a nice price.

I'm more of an Xbox guy so the launch to me is awesome with games that I absolutely must have now. KI, Halo, TitanFall, Ryse and Dead Rising especially. My best friend is on XBL also and refuses to get a PS4 so that's a factor too.

I just talked with amazon
got the same thing I always do
card is charged just before they ship
so that will be either Wed or Thurs..
I should get it on Friday

Well for some the UI and multimedia features might make up for the lack of good launch games right now. I had a PS4 and returned it because there really wasn't anything I had to play between now and next summer. Infamous being the one thing that stood out, but I want to at least finish the other games in the series just in case there's some sort of story tie in.

Basically some smoke, hissing noises, and battery acid dripping on your damn carpet.

Good to know, don't think I'll be trying that anytime soon.

I remember there was a third party Wii controller a long time back that would charge rechargeable batteries through USB. Wonder how that worked out for them?

oh man!! just finished a I-dont-know-how-long session with amazon SHITTY support.

can I guess that your shipping method is regular and not express same day delivery Terbinator?

Aw fuck, i lied! I edited some HTML to turn the hype up that bit more.

As for my actual delivery it should be express i think as i'm a Prime member - although when i ordered there was only the 'express' option whther you was Prime or not.

The UI is very important. I didn't realized it until I had a PS3 for a couple of months. Sure it worked but it's so terrible and cumbersome.

Ninhead

Yeah, mine shipped too. I called MS to have it cancelled but they said ire's already on it's way. They sent a return request to UPS for me.

I have a charge on my account (and ordered on 6/10 as well from MS), but no shipping confirmation. Still has "order in progress" and "Backordered" for my order statuses. Boooooo...

Top Bottom