• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

dejay

Banned
What are those eneloops people keep talking about?

The best rechargeable batteries.

Why are they the best? Because they don't self-discharge (or very little) compared to other Ni-Mh batteries, which can lose their charge even when not being used. They'll have a charge straight out of the packet.

Southside Jim

Neo Member
Here's a question: what are you going to plug your into the HDMI in port? I don't have cable in the room I'm going to put the X1. Thinking of just piping in my 360 Slim...

Sanic

1969473-gridlock_gears_1.jpg

hwy_61

Banned
Here's a question: what are you going to plug your into the HDMI in port? I don't have cable in the room I'm going to put the X1. Thinking of just piping in my 360 Slim...

Comcast box. It's the only thing that makes sense to me, really. I have an HDMI switch, so no shortage of HDMI ports.

Pachimari

My Mac Mini for my HD channels.

But guys, do I just say "Xbox, watch TV" and then it switches to my Mac mini? Or do I have to say something else?

My 360. I hope there's no noticeable delay when doing this. My TV (monitor actually) only has one HDMI port, so if this isn't an option I've got to go back to the VGA cable for the 360. I really wish all the stuff still coming out for 360 was coming out on Xbox One instead, but that just isn't the case. I can't put the system away yet.

So, since we're really close to launch, I assume all of us finally have our Launch Purchases finalized, what are you guys buying on November 22?

For me it's:

Xbox One Console
Forza Motorsport 5
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghost
Dead Rising 3
$50 Xbox Live card (that'll bring me up to $90 in my Microsoft account, not sure if I want to buy Ryse with this... Ryse is looking like a rental now)
Extra Controller (bought today!)

and then I'll buy a Day One 12 Month Xbox Live Gold card next week after November 22. Gonna be so good.

Assuming my plan to share games digitally with my brother works, that's our current launch plan list:

Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
BF4
Killer Instinct
Ryse
Forza 5
AC 4

If it doesn't, I might trim it down a little, but I'm getting Crimson Dragon, DR3, BF4 and KI no matter what.

PARANO1A

Nervous question: my day one preorder from the MS Store (through the 360 dashboard) hasn't charged or shipped. Status online is 'back ordered'. Should I be concerned?

Kacho

Nervous question: my day one preorder from the MS Store (through the 360 dashboard) hasn't charged or shipped. Status online is 'back ordered'. Should I be concerned?

A lot of the guys in this thread has their orders switched to 'shipped' I believe. I'd give MS CS a shout.

EBE

Ordered mine from the website proper, have already been charged, xbone is on it's way. Get in touch with MS soon

FordGTGuy

Banned
It really pains me to see the gameplay be so dull because it's so nice looking it's like the graphics are wasted.

I guess Killzone is somewhat similar but the multiplayer in that redeems it for me.

The gameplay isn't dull though, turn up the difficulty and you're going to need to roll and parry your enemies while cutting them down to even start a execution on them and to even survive(devs said you can die quite a lot in higher difficulties.

I think the game could probably get pretty strategic in timing executions to get back some health so you don't die and so on.

Justin

It really pains me to see the gameplay be so dull because it's so nice looking it's like the graphics are wasted.

I guess Killzone is somewhat similar but the multiplayer in that redeems it for me.

Yeah, I really hope they get to make a sequel. It seems like a bunch of development time was wasted switching from 360 to Xbox One and from a Kinect game to a controller based game. The engine is beautiful.

MORTALIS

Just got my phone call from Best Buy here in Reno. They told me the box is in the building and all set for pick up Thursday night. In the doors at 10,cant leave with console until the witching hour.

Kajiba

Yeah I think it was in the combat trailer? Can't remember which one but it definitely look as good. I think Ryse is going to be the first game I play when I get the Xbox One.

Unity2012

My CC got charged this morning and there was no change on the MS Store for a few hours after that; later this afternoon I received the confirmation email and UPS tracking #.
The Store page was the last thing to change.

If it makes you feel better, give them a buzz. I'm sure you will be fine.

FordGTGuy

Banned
How's that gonna work?? We can assume that "Xbox, Go to TV" will switch over to the pass through, right?

When you say Xbox, Go to TV it will turn on whatever the splitter is currently on, you can buy some pretty cheap splitters that come with a IR dongle and a remote control.

hwy_61

Banned
I have a splitter with a remote, so I'll use that for switching to 360 and PC gaming when necessary; TV will be the default.

I see. Now, about having the 360 hooked up: Aren't the Xbox Live notifications going to double between the two platforms?

Phantom_Dust_Coverart.png

so much good original xbox titles if even half of them make a return I bet people would go nuts and buy the system on spot, their original OG titles are really amazing - my personal fav which is obvious phantom dust, lol.

I've been sitting my copy of Phantom Dust for years now, I should really get around to playing it. Always see the game getting high praise whenever it gets brought up.

Thread needs more Colosseum

marius_3_by_raziel1992-d6unxpb.gif

Still got my fingers crossed for Ryse, I'd love it if we got another great Roman action game. Was Spartan: Total War the last good one?

Vestal

Gold Member
Ok a word to the wise. DO NOT BUY THE CONTROLLER BEFORE YOU GET THE CONSOLE!!!!!!

I just got back from BestBuy with my Play&Charge Controller kit, and it is pure sex in my hands. However after feeling it out and looking at it up close for a bit I have nothing left to do but wait.. I feel the controller is looking at me, whispering "play with me".. I put it in the box, and I still sense its presence.

HEPL!!!!! Its going to be hell on earth these final 5 days.

Kacho

Ok a word to the wise. DO NOT BUY THE CONTROLLER BEFORE YOU GET THE CONSOLE!!!!!!

I just got back from BestBuy with my Play&Charge Controller kit, and it is pure sex in my hands. However after feeling it out and looking at it up close for a bit I have nothing left to do but wait.. I feel the controller is looking at me, whispering "play with me".. I put it in the box, and I still sense its presence.

lol I'm jealous you can already hold that sexiness tho

hwy_61

Banned

I don't have a reason at all to buy a 2nd controller. I guess I can use it as a future PC controller, but that'll be a while before MS puts drivers out for it.

If I did have a reason, I'd run out and get one. I'd love to spend the next 5 days pretending to play an FPS. You know, get the hang of it, or something.

Top Bottom