• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

cripterion

You sure about that? I've seen a lot of official MS videos where it sits on the TV without any additional mount... :eek:

Crazy to think we are 4 days from launch and can't have simple clarification on this. I would really like to know if it comes with a tv mount out of the box.

Until a few months ago my mates and I were 1000000000% certain that we were abandoning Xbox and going back to Playstation, we had compared the launch titles and though we saw that Xbox had the large edge, we decided that the cheaper price made the PS4 a better option.

Then we saw Titanfall....

titanfall.jpg

Well Sony, thanks for coming, but the competition made us a batter offer, see you in 10 years.

FrankT

THE VERDICT
Dead Rising 3 doesn’t get by on its looks, but its meaty zombie-slaying combat and nearly endless supply of undead and ridiculous weapons go a long way. Through its lengthy campaign, I was always eager to see what crazy zombie-squishing contraption would come along next. It rarely disappointed, except when navigating its snarled map and waiting out its load times took me out of the fight took too long.

Weird comment at the end there. I thought those load times were supposed to be far and few between? Or perhaps the few times they happen?

DR3 is getting far better reviews than I thought it would after the framerate debacle, though every game in the series seems to have suffered from that and have still been fun to play.

Still, with the (supposed) importance of resolution and framerate these days I was expecting some bad scores.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Here we go. Feel free to quote and update with new reviews.

Nice summary. Should probably put it in the OP tomorrow or Wednesday when the rest of the reviews are in.

Well Sony, thanks for coming, but the competition made us a batter offer, see you in 10 years.

lol I think you should still consider a PS4 in a year or two. It's probably gonna get slightly graphically superior multiplats and some badass exclusives :p

danwarb

Ryse actually looks like a pretty good game here.

Weird comment at the end there. I thought those load times were supposed to be far and few between? Or perhaps the few times they happen?

Maybe there's quick travel across the map, so it doesn't get a chance to stream.

FrankT

Ryse actually looks like a pretty good game here.

Maybe there's quick travel across the map, so it doesn't get a chance to stream.

Yea I guess he is just referring to when the map loads. I'm hoping that Edge is right with that patch that locks in the FR. Mentions stutter as well.

lol I think you should still consider a PS4 in a year or two. It's probably gonna get slightly graphically superior multiplats and some badass exclusives :p

Probably, but with all my friends jumping on the Xbox One train there will be no one I know to play with on the PS4 since my friends only ever buy one console each gen.

Mindwipe

3D BR is not at launch. Flash not sure and not sure where an official FAQs is at.

Neither console will get a Flash plug-in for it's browser. The Adobe device team that ported it is gone, and it is depreciated for devices. There's literally nobody to do it. I think last time I looked the pricing document 404ed on Adobe's site.

Firefox have done an interesting open source Flash interpreter, which either party could do something with, but I wouldn't hold my breath - and crucially they can't do anything involving Flash's security features, so don't expect much video to work.

Fergie

Banned
Until a few months ago my mates and I were 1000000000% certain that we were abandoning Xbox and going back to Playstation, we had compared the launch titles and though we saw that Xbox had the large edge, we decided that the cheaper price made the PS4 a better option.

Then we saw Titanfall....

titanfall.jpg

UsiJl.gif

Hammer24

Banned
Neither console will get a Flash plug-in for it's browser. The Adobe device team that ported it is gone, and it is depreciated for devices. There's literally nobody to do it. I think last time I looked the pricing document 404ed on Adobe's site.

Firefox have done an interesting open source Flash interpreter, which either party could do something with, but I wouldn't hold my breath - and crucially they can't do anything involving Flash's security features, so don't expect much video to work.

I´m mainly interested if the NFL GamePass site would work, as I´m a subscriber.

Flash is in.

IE on XOne supports flash.

Any idea which Flash, i.e. 11.5?

Reviews are getting really good. Glad to see the launch games are really good and enjoyable.

Thank you Microsoft for money-hatting review scores instead of making good games. Obviously that's what happened. Obviously. <3

Top Bottom