• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One launching November 22 in select territories

MauroNL

Well we don't know how it is going to work. If it works the same as it does on 360 today then you will be greeted with a message saying "Xbox Live is not available in your region" message on the dashboard.

Guess you will just have to wait and see. I mean just try it out once the system is released. Worst thing that can happen is that you need to create a new German account and wait until it gets released in your country.
Right, as long as I'm not stuck with an imported Xbox One that won't work the same as an Xbox One bought in Holland, I'm happy. Can't wait 4 extra months to play games like Watch Dogs and Forza 5. Thanks for the help!

jem0208

I've been using the same account on Xbox 360 for 7 years now, and would like to carry this over to Xbox One. So I can transfer my old account to Xbox One, but can't use Xbox Live up until Xbox One is released in Holland? If I wanted to I have to make a new account and choose a different region that is available? I don't really mind not using Live until Xbox One launches in Holland 'cause I'm mainly playing singleplayer, but I could create a seperate account just to download demo's or something?

You can definitely use the same Live account in the X1 as the one on the 360. I'm pretty sure you'll also be able to use Xbox Live aswell...

To buy stuff all they have said is that you will require a payment method which will work in on of the launch countries.

Here's an article about it: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-15-microsoft-explains-how-xbox-one-importing-could-work

MauroNL

You can definitely use the same Live account in the X1 as the one on the 360. I'm pretty sure you'll also be able to use Xbox Live aswell...

To buy stuff all they have said is that you will require a payment method which will work in on of the launch countries.

Here's an article about it: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-15-microsoft-explains-how-xbox-one-importing-could-work
Yeah I've read the FAQ, but it's still a little vague for me. So I can use my old account on Xbox One, and if I want to buy stuff I either have to get a pre-paid card from one of the countries its available? Or can I use my credit card from Holland?

My Xbox Live is still running through February 2014 so I can just play online with the same membership I have running now, even though I live in Holland and there is no official Dutch Xbox Live for Xbox One this November?

jem0208

Yeah I've read the FAQ, but it's still a little vague for me. So I can use my old account on Xbox One, and if I want to buy stuff I either have to get a pre-paid card from one of the countries its available? Or can I use my credit card from Holland?

My Xbox Live is still running through February 2014 so I can just play online with the same membership I have running now, even though I live in Holland and there is no official Dutch Xbox Live for Xbox One this November?

I think if your card works perfectly fine in say Germany, then you should be able to use it. I'm not sure if you could play online. You can change your Xbox live region every 3 months though. So you might be able to change to a launch country, then use it up until the X1 officially launches where you live,

Lima

No you won't even be able to access the German marketplace with your Holland account. That stuff is geotracked and locked in with the creation of your account (although you could move regions but you will loose any credit you have in your account).

What they mean is that you need to create a new account and have a valid payment method for the country the account is created in.

jem0208

No you won't even be able to access the German marketplace with your Holland account. That stuff is geotracked and locked in with the creation of your account (although you could move regions but you will loose any credit you have in your account).

What they mean is that you need to create a new account and have a valid payment method for the country the account is created in.

That's not true.
"You can use one of the 13 digital marketplaces corresponding to our launch markets, assuming you have a valid payment instrument for those countries. Lots of people in Europe specifically travel, move, and visit family," he continued before slyly adding "Now, of course, if you were using Pre-Paid cards..."

I presume it's different because X1 games aren't region locked anymore.

Lima

That's not true.

I presume it's different because X1 games aren't region locked anymore.

You still need an account for the region dude.

He will not be able to access the German marketplace with his Holland account. MS will never allow this, it could get them into legal trouble because of the different licensing and stuff.

jem0208

You still need an account for the region dude.

He will not be able to access the German marketplace with his Holland account. MS will never allow this, it could get them into legal trouble because of the different licensing and stuff.

I'm pretty certain that he'll be able to use the German marketplace for games.

Despite all these worldwide benefits, Penello noted that music and videos can be geo-restricted due to licensing issues. "e.g. Netflix works only in supported countries)."

Anyway, even if he can't, he could change his region until they release the X1 officially then change back.

MauroNL

I think if your card works perfectly fine in say Germany, then you should be able to use it. I'm not sure if you could play online. You can change your Xbox live region every 3 months though. So you might be able to change to a launch country, then use it up until the X1 officially launches where you live,

OK so let me get this straight real quick:

1) I can transfer my old account from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, but I can't use it for Xbox Live playing or Marketplace buying. But I can use this account to play games on my Xbox One (offline) for achievements and stuff.

2) If I want to play online or buy stuff from the Marketplace I have to make a new account, with all information linked to an adress and payment information from the Xbox Live region I pick. So say I make a new account and pick German region, I have to fill in a German adress, and German credit card or German pre-paid card.

3) Once Xbox One is released in Holland, I can connect my primary account to the Dutch Xbox Live region and use it like a regular bought Dutch Xbox One.

jem0208

OK so let me get this straight real quick:

1) I can transfer my old account from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, but I can't use it for Xbox Live playing or Marketplace buying. But I can use this account to play games on my Xbox One (offline) for achievements and stuff.

2) If I want to play online or buy stuff from the Marketplace I have to make a new account, with all information linked to an adress and payment information from the Xbox Live region I pick. So say I make a new account and pick German region, I have to fill in a German adress, and German credit card or German pre-paid card.

3) Once Xbox One is released in Holland, I can connect my primary account to the Dutch Xbox Live region and use it like a regular bought Dutch Xbox One.

We've been discussing this. I'm pretty sure Penello said that you'll be able to use the German marketplace. However if you can't, you won't have to get a new account. You could just change your Live region.

Lima

I'm pretty certain that he'll be able to use the German marketplace for games.

I will believe it when I see it. This would mean that German users could get access to game content not available in Germany if the publisher doesn't want to make a cut version for example and the game gets rejected in Germany.

MS could get into trouble for this.

You could just change your Live region.

And loose any credit he has on his account currently (if he has any).

jem0208

I will believe it when I see it. This would mean that German users could get access to game content not available in Germany if the publisher doesn't want to make a cut version for example and the game gets rejected in Germany.

MS could get into trouble for this.

And loose any credit he has on his account currently (if he has any).

Yeah, the Germany thing is a bit odd. I'm not sure how they would get around that. I suppose we'll have to find out.

MauroNL

Yeah, the Germany thing is a bit odd. I'm not sure how they would get around that. I suppose we'll have to find out.
I'd pick a different region if I could but I can't pick UK because its a different currency for Xbox Live purchases so that won't work anyway.

MauroNL

So I decided to pre-order the Xbox One on Amazon US, 'cause in the end it was cheaper to get it there then on Amazon UK or Amazon DE. The bit I'm struggeling with now is the power supply, which I really did not think about before pre-ordering one. I live in Holland and off course I have a different power supply as US users.

I have one of those travel plugs I got for when I went to Miami last year, and all my EURO plugs worked perfectly fine with the travel plug. Can I use one of those for the Xbox One US power brick, or do I need to make sure I have certain voltage values correct before plugging one in?

MauroNL

So I decided to pre-order the Xbox One on Amazon US, 'cause in the end it was cheaper to get it there then on Amazon UK or Amazon DE. The bit I'm struggeling with now is the power supply, which I really did not think about before pre-ordering one. I live in Holland and off course I have a different power supply as US users.

I have one of those travel plugs I got for when I went to Miami last year, and all my EURO plugs worked perfectly fine with the travel plug. Can I use one of those for the Xbox One US power brick, or do I need to make sure I have certain voltage values correct before plugging one in?
Sorry for the bump but can anyone help me out with this?

airborn

Sorry for the bump but can anyone help me out with this?
You'll need a step-down converter, otherwise the power brick will likely explode.

I don't see why you would even consider importing from the US. You're bound to be charged import duty, no two year warranty and no free game.

Top Bottom